Would The Apologists Please Stop

KRL

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's not a matter of spoon feeding. It's a matter of using facts to back up one's opinion.

I like the fact that the rookies are playing. The more they play, the more settled they will be.

That's cool. I'm glad you like that. 

My opinion is that the rebuild took a step backward, which I defended with facts when you disagreed. Now you're talking about something irrelevant and I don't give a ****.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don't think Marcus Williams is a bad player. He's a solid player for being an UDFA. That said, he's not starting quality. The Jets have one starting quality CB on this team and he didn't play yesterday. Williams is solid depth, decent on specials but nothing more. He's the least of the Jets concerns as far as players. The fact that he's being asked to do so much is increasingly alarming about the front office and staff.

Well said.  I would go as far as saying, I think Williams is a solid #3.  He's got ball skills that cant be taught. 

He was being asked to do something he couldnt do.  Bottom line. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you admit it. 

Buddy, I know you're upset...but you're wrong on this one and that's ok.  Marcus Williams is far from the Jets issue.  He's actually one of the lone good parts.  He's the only guy who can actually, you know, pick the ball off.  And turnovers are good.  They help your team.

Again, blame the coach for asking him to cover someone he cant cover.  

It's also troubling that teams are so confident throwing the 9 route on us with regularity. Speaks to how predictable our defensive calls are, I'd imagine. They know where the blitz is coming from, seem to know where the DBs are going more than our DBs do. A lot of red flags going on, people. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Buddy, I know you're upset...but you're wrong on this one and that's ok.  Marcus Williams is far from the Jets issue.  He's actually one of the lone good parts.  He's the only guy who can actually, you know, pick the ball off.  And turnovers are good.  They help your team.

Again, blame the coach for asking him to cover someone he cant cover.  

Marcus Williams is not a good CB he wouldn't make most teams rosters in the NFL. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

It's also troubling that teams are so confident throwing the 9 route on us with regularity. Speaks to how predictable our defensive calls are, I'd imagine. They know where the blitz is coming from, seem to know where the DBs are going more than our DBs do. A lot of red flags going on, people. 

Yep.  It's that simple. 

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not sure everyone knows yet. I think we need at minimum 6 more months of reminders coupled with hypothetical Geno-isms

Not surprisingly you interpreted his post incorrectly.

I know you like doing this thing where you act like you knew it all along and never were part of the wrong side of the argument but that doesn't fly with me, bro.  I know your elementary tricks and they don't hide the fact that you talked out of your ass all summer and were w-r-o-n-g.  

It's ok to admit.

Say it with me Fonzie. wrr..  wrrrr... wrrrong.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Marcus Williams is not a good CB he wouldn't make most teams rosters in the NFL. 

You're wrong but I'm not going to continue this conversation because its making me dumber with every post.

But carry on with your pitch fork on the least of the Jets concerns. lmfao

Just now, JiF said:

You're wrong but I'm not going to continue this conversation because its making me dumber with every post.

It is your opinion that I'm wrong lets get that straight. 

For whats its worth in my opinion the Mets suck. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've always had this theory that there are, at any given point, five decent cornerbacks in the league and the rest of them are the product of scheme and compensation. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Geno Smith has had 29 starts in the NFL and people act like he's an untapped talent. 

But that's just it, he is. Geno Smith is what he is, and also what he should never have been .You gave a kid with a learners permit a Porsche, put him on the highway, saw him crashed numerous times and blamed him for being a lousy driver . The really funny thing is just when he navigated the course with a perfect score, you take his key away, and lock up his car.

20 minutes ago, Pac said:

not with a legitimate set of zi weaponzini and a competent OC we don't.

Based on some of the playcalling, I'm not sure the Jets even have a competent OC at this current juncture. For as much as people say Fitz was a byproduct of an easy schedule, it sure looks like Gailey was too. He has made zero adjustments and doesn't put players in a position to succeed.

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

But that's just it, he is. Geno Smith is what he is, and also what he should never have been .You gave a kid with a learners permit a Porsche, put him on the highway, saw him crashed numerous times and blamed him for being a lousy driver . The really funny thing is just when he navigated the course with a perfect score, you take his key away, and lock up his car.

Here's the thing: Geno died in the accident.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Based on some of the playcalling, I'm not sure the Jets even have a competent OC at this current juncture. For as much as people say Fitz was a byproduct of an easy schedule, it sure looks like Gailey was too. He has made zero adjustments and doesn't put players in a position to succeed.

It seems like such a long time ago that we beat the Bills and Gailey was a genius.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Geno Smith has had 29 starts in the NFL and people act like he's an untapped talent. 

Forced to start his rookie season with Holmes and Hills as his starting WRs.
He had Decker on one leg with the hammy and had Greg Salas/Nelson start the other WR spot his 2nd year. He did get Harvin for essentially his last 4-5 starts (who's out of the league now himself). He did well in those games.
Then the sucker punch happened.
Then Fitz happened.

So yeah, he hasn't been tested with a good surrounding cast outside of his last 5-6 games. People call that "twisting the stats". I simply give it two categories. 1. With two NFL caliber WRs and 2. Without two NFL Caliber WRs. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well said.  I would go as far as saying, I think Williams is a solid #3.  He's got ball skills that cant be taught. 

He was being asked to do something he couldnt do.  Bottom line. 

Exactly. He's a solid nickle/dime player who can fill in as a starter when needed. The real problem lies within the scheme of they play too soft of a zone to protect the liabilities of the coverage of the CBs, but then it's not a great tackling team. And then when they go to man, they're exposed by fast receivers and big armed QBs.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think our OC is just fine(compared to the rest of our problems), maybe use Powell more over Forte if that is in his control would be on him.  

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Correction: Geno Smith never got the "Porsche". Fitz did. And he crashed. Geno had the Kia Rio and his instructor was Rex. 

No, my expectation going into this season is that we were going to open 1-5 because we don't have a quarterback or a defense capable of beating the murderer's row of elite playoff teams we are facing, almost all of them on the road.
If you were one of the gullible who looked at last year's 10 wins, believed Fitzpatrick could replicate last year, thought Forte was an improvement over Ivory, thought McLendon was an improvement over Snacks, thought Revis would play at a high level, thought Lee and Pryor's speed was going to make the difference and lead us to the playoffs, well, that's on you.  Sorry you guessed wrong.  Sorry your assumptions were weak.
Point being, no one should have had any expectation that we'd be better than 1-4 right now.  If you did, that's for you and your conscience to debate, has nothing to do with the journeyman quarterback's level of play.
SAR I

I didn't want us to sign Fitzpatrick at all. But that's not what you said. What you said is we should be 4-1 if not for our defense. Now you're saying we should've expected 1-4 with Fitz all along. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

For the record as I stated, I never wanted Fitz. I also knew we were going to have a horrid start no matter what. What I have also stated is defense does not matter one bit if you do not have a franchise QB. I don't care what our defense does. They could be the 85 Bears and without a franchise level QB we're not winning the SB and we're not going to enjoy long term success. This season and every season until kingdom come should be spent acquiring young QB's and determining if they can be a franchise level QB until we find one. Nothing else matters.

We should have let Petty/Hack/Geno battle for the job, and unless Geno was substantially better than Petty or Hack (and by substantially I mean he looks as good as you would hope Petty/Hack looks after 4 years experience, not just equal to or slightly better than current Petty/Hack) you start the best of Petty or Hack. And if they don't cut it you draft again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Forced to start his rookie season with Holmes and Hills as his starting WRs.
He had Decker on one leg with the hammy and had Greg Salas/Nelson start the other WR spot his 2nd year. He did get Harvin for essentially his last 4-5 starts (who's out of the league now himself). He did well in those games.
Then the sucker punch happened.
Then Fitz happened.

So yeah, he hasn't been tested with a good surrounding cast outside of his last 5-6 games. People call that "twisting the stats". I simply give it two categories. 1. With two NFL caliber WRs and 2. Without two NFL Caliber WRs. 

He was far and away the worst QB on the roster in the preseason, including Hack.

10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I know it's a high bar to clear, but this might be the most tortured metaphor I've seen here.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

In fairness to Pac, we won't really know until we give Geno 30 more starts, two more OCs, and at least four more WRs.

Pac will be 78 years old telling his great grandkids about the under-appreciated greatness of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith the same way old people tell us that Michael Jordan would get wrecked by Bob Cousy.

Archived