NFL viewership is down

Jetster

26 minutes ago, rillo said:

Or how about the guys in Tulsa about a week or two ago. You can't make this stuff up.

You mean the guy who Continuously Refused Numerous orders to stop & continued to his vehicle???  That guy??? well if stayed where he was & listened we wouldn't be talking about his failure to listen today.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sorry some of us dont live our lives with the care free attitudes that most have, have you seen the terror attacks the bombings killing and injuring innocent people all over the world in the least expected places. 

When I was raised there was a Men's room and Ladie's room no in between 

If Target wants to be politically correct that's fine its my choice of whether to not to shop there great thing about this country freedom of choice and I intend to keep it that way 

You're absolutely right, it's your choice. I didn't know people actually cared about what restroom a stranger uses. I was raised live and let live, but I know it's a different time for a lot of folks and change makes people uncomfortable. I don't know what the terror attacks has to do with any of this, but you're entitled to feel however you want, as well as spend your money wherever you want. 

17 minutes ago, jetsons said:

You mean the guy who Continuously Refused Numerous orders to stop & continued to his vehicle???  That guy??? well if stayed where he was & listened we wouldn't be talking about his failure to listen today.

Right on time. 

Looks like this guy is "listening"

CLgvPPoUwAEHfU-.png

Okay back on topic here.

The NFL has become the White Collar League. If your uniform doesn't conform you get fined, Celebrate in the end zone: Fined.

Teams had personality

The Steel Curtain

The Purple People Eaters

The Sack Exchange

Air Coryell

I guess the NFL frowns on it because you don't see nicknames like that anymore for a great defense or a great offense.

The NFL has gone from  a blue collar beer and burger league to a wine and cheese league

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

1. There are a few great teams and a lot of bad teams. People don't like watching their team lose and they don't like watching two bad teams play poorly against each other. This has been a growing problem for years as the NFL has tried to draw excitement of higher scoring passing games. Now success is concentrated around teams with great QBs so teams without great passing offenses just don't win.

This and oversaturation.

I'll always watch the Jets, but it takes a compelling matchup to get me to watch any of the night games (Sunday, Monday, Thursday) and with games on so many nights a week it makes Sunday less special, really waters-down the experience too as you have even fewer games to watch on its natural day.

Back to your first point, you have two types of teams today:  Teams that can pass the ball all over the place and teams that suck.  Football used to be about balance.  Used to be that you needed to both run and pass to have a successful season.  Nowadays the only interesting football games are the ones that have two gunslingers and that matchup only happens once a month at best.  And for the 25 teams that don't have a dynamic quarterback?  Watching them play is worse than baseball.  Three-and-outs get no one excited.  16-6 defensive battles induce sleep better than golf.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

This and oversaturation.

I'll always watch the Jets, but it takes a compelling matchup to get me to watch any of the night games (Sunday, Monday, Thursday) and with games on so many nights a week it makes Sunday less special, really waters-down the experience too as you have even fewer games to watch on its natural day.

Back to your first point, you have two types of teams today:  Teams that can pass the ball all over the place and teams that suck.  Football used to be about balance.  Used to be that you needed to both run and pass to have a successful season.  Nowadays the only interesting football games are the ones that have two gunslingers and that matchup only happens once a month at best.  And for the 25 teams that don't have a dynamic quarterback?  Watching them play is worse than baseball.  Three-and-outs get no one excited.  16-6 defensive battles induce sleep better than golf.

SAR I

Please answer this how do you sit and watch the NY Jets and pay all that money for what the product is on the field. 

Dont answer because I'm a real fan give me an honest answer,how can you not be upset about what this team has turned into players and coaches. 

Jets football is the most boring in the NFL 

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Okay back on topic here.

The NFL has become the White Collar League. If your uniform doesn't conform you get fined, Celebrate in the end zone: Fined.

Teams had personality

The Steel Curtain

The Purple People Eaters

The Sack Exchange

Air Coryell

I guess the NFL frowns on it because you don't see nicknames like that anymore for a great defense or a great offense.

The NFL has gone from  a blue collar beer and burger league to a wine and cheese league

Great post. The NFL is getting very close to being unwatchable.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Please answer this how do you sit and watch the NY Jets and pay all that money for what the product is on the field. 

Dont answer because I'm a real fan give me an honest answer,how can you not be upset about what this team has turned into players and coaches. 

Thanks 

Because I'm a real fan.

SAR I

So spreading awareness of the serious issues happening in communities of many of these players shouldn't interrupt your entertainment, but cancer awareness and pink gloves every October is cool though? Not everyone or everything is political. That's another way to dismiss the problem. 

I guess Keep understands that he must interrupt people's entertainment given that they never truly make time for this issue if it's not directly effecting them. 
Kaep needs to be willing to take the criticism for the greater good. Being quiet about this simply because people don't want to see a knee during their entertainment isn't a good enough reason given the importance of the issue.

Supporting cancer awareness is not a political stance. Many people support the police and even among those who don't, they support showing respect for the anthem. There is nothing divisive about wearing pink gloves. Sitting for the anthem is a purposeful political statement. No different from burning a flag or chanting Eff the police.
I'm not interested in Kap's opinion in this matter. Religion and politics are banned from this site for a reason. They bring out the worst in people. Cancer awareness is purely positive. Many a fine party has been ruined by the opinionated bible thumper/vocal athiest or far left/right political arguments. This nonsense falls right in line with that. You and I will simply have to civilly disagree because our perspectives are simply too far apart on the matter. It's nothing personal I assure you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadly you are wrong we live in a society where everything has to be politically correct shh dont say anything dont stare. 

Me I take my business elsewhere. I dont need any sh*t from Target in my life. 

4 hours ago, rillo said:

Give me a break, ask anyone who is transgender or whatever the hell and they'll tell you they use whatever bathroom they want before and after this. This isn't some new phenomenon,  chances are your wife or daughter has shared a bathroom with a transgender person, and had no clue. Same with the men's room. 

you beat me to it rillo, I was going to post the same thing.  there is a trans in my daughters high school. nobody hassles her and everybody uses her preferred name and she uses the bathroom she wants to

16 year old girls can handle it but joe willy aint gonna take that sh*t from nobody !

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

you beat me to it rillo, I was going to post the same thing.  there is a trans in my daughters high school. nobody hassles her and everybody uses her preferred name and she uses the bathroom she wants to

16 year old girls can handle it but joe willy aint gonna take that sh*t from nobody !

To each is own not surprised by who's defending this. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

To each is own not surprised by who's defending this. 

don't fall for the fear mongering and distractions.  there was probably some awful bill getting snuck through congress or some other story that was buried the week the country went crazy over bathrooms.

nothing has changed.  back when you were young you went to the public bathroom with all sorts of people you would apparently not want to, you just didn't know it

what would we think of you if we could see your browser history from late at night ?

we are all freaks, some are just better at hiding it

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

don't fall for the fear mongering and distractions.  there was probably some awful bill getting snuck through congress or some other story that was buried the week the country went crazy over bathrooms.

nothing has changed.  back when you were young you went to the public bathroom with all sorts of people you would apparently not want to, you just didn't know it

what would we think of you if we could see your browser history from late at night ?

we are all freaks, some are just better at hiding it

I can assure you I wont be using any restroom thats clearly marked all gender I will exit the store piss in the parking lot and find a store that doesn't cater to that bullsh*t. 

Target off my list as a shopping stop. 

Image result for transgender bathroom door sign pics

21 hours ago, Jetster said:

Because it's unwatchable! 

I couldn't even finish watching the 1st half of MNF. The NFL stinks right now. The only really good story is the Vikings. This is the 1st year that I'm losing interest so quickly. If you have no QB, you have ZERO CHANCE because of the pussy rules put in place.

About 1/4 of the teams have decent coaching. The TNF games are horrific. Players sit with hangnails now. There's rarely any emotion anymore, after losses guys joke around, laugh, ignore the press & pick up their checks. A huge number of players could give a sh*t! Look at Revis, the guys made more money than he could ever spend & had the chance to stay with a winner in the Pats but instead of taking less to win at this point in his career, he figures, hell, Belichick actually expects 120%, I've got a ring & why have to try that hard for less money.

Look at Bowles & his wooden Indian pose, does he talk to anyone during the game? Just put a freaking wooden Indian out there & let the fans pick the plays or calls from a remote in their seats, at least it would be interesting. I'm really starting to dislike the NFL. I actually feel sorry for season ticket holders. It definitely looks like a complete rip off & a horrible way to waste a Sunday. 

Im not talking about the tailgating, I'm talking about the complete letdown once you enter the stadium. Yuck!

So true. I find myself losing interest too. I find it deeply and satisfyingly ironic, that the rules the NFL put in place to emphasize offense and specifically passing, to make stars out of a few QB's (like it wasn't working in the days of Troy Aikman or Joe Montana or even Terry Bradshaw) , are turning around and biting them in the butt, by making the other 75% of the teams unwatchable without the star QB. Ha ha ha ha ha. Even some that are a decent QB like Luck or Newton don't have the "favor" of the NFL for some reason and don't get the star treament. The schadenfreude is STRONG with this one 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I can assure you I wont be using any restroom thats clearly marked all gender I will exit the store piss in the parking lot and find a store that doesn't cater to that bullsh*t. 

Target off my list as a shopping stop. 

Image result for transgender bathroom door sign pics

that's a very colin kaepernick type of response, way to go !  I'm proud of you !

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

the pissing, lol

what if a young girl saw that ? what kind of person are you ? some kind kind of exhibitionist weirdo ?

Come on man I would hide between the doors of my SUV or back in the spots along the landscaping and lift the lid and hose down the greens or the mulch that was on fire.

When you gotta go you gotta go. Sorry officer I was afraid to use the all gender bathroom in the store and then the fire. 

53 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL you are so predictable. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Thanks 

Nah, just being funny.  Here's your answer:

I am not upset for three reasons. 

First, we need a complete rebuild and I like what I see in Maccagnan.  He comes from scouting, he knows talent, he is professional, I have a good feeling. 

Second, I fully expected a 1-5 start followed by a 6-2 middle followed by an 0-2 finish to put us at 7-9.  That is all we are capable of.  Doesn't matter which position is hurting us more than another.  We are a 7-9 team.  It's what we would have been last year with a tough schedule.

Third, we are in this for the long haul which means suffering through lousy seasons in order to wind up in a place where our talent gels, we find our franchise quarterback, we find our head coach, and we go on a run and win a Super Bowl.  I have always said that I would rather suffer through five years of losing rebuilding seasons rather than be teased by one of these "oops" years where a rookie head coach accidentally gets us to 10 wins.  I would rather rebuild the right way rather than have these stop/start moments that put us in a constant state of limbo.  I will sit there in the rain and watch a 2-13 team lose its last game so long as the players are young and playing hard, but I won't watch another limbo team with old vets and no substance sleepwalk through a mess. This is our rebuild.  We are young in certain spots and it's hurting us now but it will help us in the future.  Instead of fighting our disappointment, embrace it.

That is my advice to you.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nah, just being funny.  Here's your answer:

I am not upset for three reasons. 

First, we need a complete rebuild and I like what I see in Maccagnan.  He comes from scouting, he knows talent, he is professional, I have a good feeling. 

Second, I fully expected a 1-5 start followed by a 6-2 middle followed by an 0-2 finish to put us at 7-9.  That is all we are capable of.  Doesn't matter which position is hurting us more than another.  We are a 7-9 team.  It's what we would have been last year with a tough schedule.

Third, we are in this for the long haul which means suffering through lousy seasons in order to wind up in a place where our talent gels, we find our franchise quarterback, we find our head coach, and we go on a run and win a Super Bowl.  I have always said that I would rather suffer through five years of losing rebuilding seasons rather than be teased by one of these "oops" years where a rookie head coach accidentally gets us to 10 wins.  I would rather rebuild the right way rather than have these stop/start moments that put us in a constant state of limbo.  I will sit there in the rain and watch a 2-13 team lose its last game so long as the players are young and playing hard, but I won't watch another limbo team with old vets and no substance sleepwalk through a mess. This is our rebuild.  We are young in certain spots and it's hurting us now but it will help us in the future.  Instead of fighting our disappointment, embrace it.

That is my advice to you.

SAR I

Agree SAR been there done that I still support my team and have been through a lot of losing with them in my life. 

Been through many many bad years many oops yeas many what ifs years many why years many wtf years. 

Sadly I will boycott the stadium until Ryan Fitzpatrick is no longer part of this team I'm not into beards or below average QB play or an attempt at QB. 

Halloween is weeks away and there will be plenty of clowns in the neighborhood. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Come on man I would hide between the doors of my SUV or back in the spots along the landscaping and lift the lid and hose down the greens or the mulch that was on fire.

When you gotta go you gotta go. Sorry officer I was afraid to use the all gender bathroom in the store and then the fire. 

I'm sorry Joe. I have reported your threat to young girls to the authorities.  You have been deemed too dangerous to take the risk to allow you to expose yourself like that anymore. As a civil society we can't have freaks like you endangering innocent young girls. 

shame on you

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

I'm sorry Joe. I have reported your threat to young girls to the authorities.  You have been deemed too dangerous to take the risk to allow you to expose yourself like that anymore. As a civil society we can't have freaks like you endangering innocent young girls. 

shame on you

Not cool dude  all you got is heresay you have no proof I pissed anywhere in any lot. Are you sure you want to slander me that way on a public forum where I can access your ip and have the internet police stop by and take this a step further. 

change your mind yet.

Archived