No reps should be wasted on Fitzpatrick or Geno

Fibonacci

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Fitz should take Hack's place on the inactive list.  It should be Geno this week, with Petty as his back up and Hack as #3.

Fitz should not take another snap in practice or in games. 

Hey JiF

Why Geno? He is gone next year. What will he give you this year? Let Petty start and Hack back him up. Let's see what these kids can do on the field before next year. 

1 minute ago, Fibonacci said:

Hey JiF

Why Geno? He is gone next year. What will he give you this year? Let Petty start and Hack back him up. Let's see what these kids can do on the field before next year. 

Mainly because Petty isnt healthy and hasnt been practicing.  Also because I think giving Geno a full week to prepare to see how he responds once given the start, would be a very wise thing for this coaching staff to see first hand.  See how he practices, how he prepare and how he leads when he's the guy.  I think its wise to do that because this coaching staff hasnt seen that side of him as a player and you never know.  

I mean, what's the harm?  Is one extra game for Petty going to make a difference? I doubt it.  So dont rush him back.  Let Geno go for a week or 2 and slowly get Petty more and more reps so he's ready when his # is called. 

This is why you don't carry 4 QB's.  If Petty really was unavailable due to injury, he should have been placed on IR and come available Week 9.  It's not like he's getting much work in practice now even when he's healthy, so it would have made zero difference. 

And who cares that Hack isn't at all ready?  Most teams only carry two QB's.  Would it be that damaging if he's the # 3? 

Mainly because Petty isnt healthy and hasnt been practicing.  Also because I think giving Geno a full week to prepare to see how he responds once given the start, would be a very wise thing for this coaching staff to see first hand.  See how he practices, how he prepare and how he leads when he's the guy.  I think its wise to do that because this coaching staff hasnt seen that side of him as a player and you never know.  
I mean, what's the harm?  Is one extra game for Petty going to make a difference? I doubt it.  So dont rush him back.  Let Geno go for a week or 2 and slowly get Petty more and more reps so he's ready when his # is called. 

We've seen Geno for longer than Fitz. It was worse than fitz

Sent from mTalk

2 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

At 1-5, even if we go 9-1 there is no playoff guarantee. Let's stop the delusion. Season is over. Don't waste valuable reps on Fitz or Geno. Let kids get the experience and let's see if Petty is the guy before season is over. 

Im leaning towards this idea slowly. Thanks to Fitz, this is season is now GONE. Had we won last night (lol), at 2-4, our odds could've been way better with the schedule. 

1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

Hey JiF

This is the only logical choice. If Petty doesn't show anything in the last, say 8 games then you know. We should have some idea of what Petty is in 8 games. There are rookies that can come in and start day 1, he should be able to show something in 8 games if he's got it. 

Lets see what he has.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I just don't get what Bowles and Mcc are waiting for.  This season is over except to find out if Petty and Hack can play.  DO IT!

If there is one thing front offices do is that they would rather make bigger mistakes rather than admit they are wrong.  To do this now means we admit we are a terrible team, we admit we made a mistake with Fitzpatrick, we are afraid our gold plated defense will be further exposed, we are afraid that we might get fired if we don't claw our way back to respectability,

This is once again an area where our biggest rival kills us, that being Belichik.  He makes tons of bad personnel moves (as many as any other team) but he cuts his losses and moves on quick. (Cooper, Easily)  It is also why having a great QB makes you look a lot smarter than you really are in some areas.

For me I can see then clinging failingly to Fitzpatrick for a few more games as the math is still there but if we get to 2-8 or something like that it will be a total true test of this regime to see if they will do the right thing or the save my ass thing.

3 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

At 1-5, even if we go 9-1 there is no playoff guarantee. Let's stop the delusion. Season is over. Don't waste valuable reps on Fitz or Geno. Let kids get the experience and let's see if Petty is the guy before season is over. 

agreed.

But this looks like we won't see Petty unti;l week 12 at the earliest.

Bowles seems very old school... and will grind this out to oblivion with Fitz then geno, then Petty for 4 games...

This is simple. Fitz should appear on the injury report. He should be questionable until game time and only lightly practice all week. Then make him inactive this weekend and start Geno with Petty as QB2. Geno will be bad and his leash should be short. Petty should be up by the 4th quarter. 

If Fitz or Geno Smith get any future starts over Petty or Hackenberg then it is clear that the Jets brass are clueless.  After a magical year, Fitz has reverted back to his hot garbage self, and Geno Smith had two years two prove he is hot garbage.  There is no mystery here.  They are what they are, and the team needs to move on and let Petty and Hackenberg prove if they are the next round of hot garbage QB's for the Jets or they're not.  The only way to find out is to play them during an already lost season. 

Archived