The lack of Defensive Turnovers is totally shocking

ASH1962

Sitting there last night yet again getting my guts ripped out and stomach ulcers singing Jingle Bells, and again in total disbelief watching old man, half crippled, partially concussed Carson Palmer march up and down the field basically at will (and mentioned in a thread last night) thinking to myself that this defense never makes a big play to turn a game around, never gets a defensive score ever, never gets a positive field int, never causes a fumble to recover, and just gets B***h slapped over the place by every opponent, regardless of venue. It is amazing to me, the way the football never ever bounces our way nor do we ever make a big play.

I have never been a Todd Bowles fan and cannot believe that a professional football organization, in the media capital of the world, would tolerate such a performance(s) on national TV without at least firing a water boy - I mean for god's sakes, do something! Show us fans that you are conscious at least. This exacerbates the total lack of leadership, preparation and, ultimately, success. Hell, even Rex the dope made a change that apparently woke his team up and now they are right there with the Cheats. What more do we need to see to confirm that what we are doing is not working? The offense is another story unto itself. I have seen beaten abandoned animals in the street display more courage than this offense does. They play scared every goddamned game and play for FG's. I can safely say after watching the NFL for close to 50 years, this is the most scared bunch of wimps ever assembled on NFL team. They have no heart, no courage, and no desire; they do however, have very fat paychecks. Just pay me and I'll show up wearing my uniform, helmet and whatever the f**k happens, happens, so be it. I mean F**K it, we still get paid, right (Mo Wilkerson? Right Weed Racer? Right Ryan the fraud Interceptrick?)

I said this last year (and looked like an idiot) when this team fooled us all (until week 17 that is) by going 10-6, this team is moribund like its head coach. Sadly, I have been proven to be spot on this season which, on October 18, is now officially garbage time until next year.

Maybe when we go out trick or treating this Halloween, we can get a HC, OC, DC, QB, defense etc.. and a set of balls (not footballs) in our trick or treat bags cause there ain't none of that in the NYJ organization.

14 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Sitting there last night yet again getting my guts ripped out and stomach ulcers singing Jingle Bells, and again in total disbelief watching old man, half crippled, partially concussed Carson Palmer march up and down the field basically at will (and mentioned in a thread last night) thinking to myself that this defense never makes a big play to turn a game around, never gets a defensive score ever, never gets a positive field int, never causes a fumble to recover, and just gets B***h slapped over the place by every opponent, regardless of venue. It is amazing to me, the way the football never ever bounces our way nor do we ever make a big play.

I have never been a Todd Bowles fan and cannot believe that a professional football organization, in the media capital of the world, would tolerate such a performance(s) on national TV without at least firing a water boy - I mean for god's sakes, do something! Show us fans that you are conscious at least. This exacerbates the total lack of leadership, preparation and, ultimately, success. Hell, even Rex the dope made a change that apparently woke his team up and now they are right there with the Cheats. What more do we need to see to confirm that what we are doing is not working? The offense is another story unto itself. I have seen beaten abandoned animals in the street display more courage than this offense does. They play scared every goddamned game and play for FG's. I can safely say after watching the NFL for close to 50 years, this is the most scared bunch of wimps ever assembled on NFL team. They have no heart, no courage, and no desire; they do however, have very fat paychecks. Just pay me and I'll show up wearing my uniform, helmet and whatever the f**k happens, happens, so be it. I mean F**K it, we still get paid, right (Mo Wilkerson? Right Weed Racer? Right Ryan the fraud Interceptrick?)

I said this last year (and looked like an idiot) when this team fooled us all (until week 17 that is) by going 10-6, this team is moribund like its head coach. Sadly, I have been proven to be spot on this season which, on October 18, is now officially garbage time until next year.

Maybe when we go out trick or treating this Halloween, we can get a HC, OC, DC, QB, defense etc.. and a set of balls (not footballs) in our trick or treat bags cause there ain't none of that in the NYJ organization.

There's not much length in the back seven, so hands aren't getting on balls.  And there's no pass rush, so there's no one stripping the QB or forcing the QB to make errant throws.

For years we've had defenses that were built to force 3 & outs, not get turnovers.  Unfortunately that's an unrealistic goal in the NFL, even amongst some of the elite defenses.  You KNOW you are going to give up points these days.  The key is to be able to create turnovers at important times and have an offense capable of capitalizing.  We have neither of those things. 

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Having a hof QB and cheating with deflated balls makes a difference but if you want to know the #1 reason other than Brady that the pats have owned the AFC east for years look at the turnover ratios by team it will totally blow your mind.

They are related. Teams know that Brady will score. Especially in the second half when trying to play catch up. The other team has to abandon the run and just throw. So, the DL can just pin their ears back. The QB also starts getting desperate and starts forcing balls. You combine forcing balls and getting pressure and you have a recipe for turnovers.

If you don't agree. Look at the Jets. I am not making any excuses for Fitz, but how many of his INTs are in the 4th quarter when he is trying to mount a comeback?

29 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

They are related. Teams know that Brady will score. Especially in the second half when trying to play catch up. The other team has to abandon the run and just throw. So, the DL can just pin their ears back. The QB also starts getting desperate and starts forcing balls. You combine forcing balls and getting pressure and you have a recipe for turnovers.

If you don't agree. Look at the Jets. I am not making any excuses for Fitz, but how many of his INTs are in the 4th quarter when he is trying to mount a comeback?

They are not related to the actual mind boggling numbers over a 10-12 year period.  You would fully expect the pats to have the best ratio during that time, the actual numbers are unbelievable, not only not turning it over but generating them and this is with a few years in which they had pretty lousy defenses.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

They are not related to the actual mind boggling numbers over a 10-12 year period.  You would fully expect the pats to have the best ratio during that time, the actual numbers are unbelievable, not only not turning it over but generating them and this is with a few years in which they had pretty lousy defenses.

I wasn't saying it is always true; but having a great offense and playing with the lead dramatically helps a good defense get turnovers. Look how bad we are at turnovers when playing from behind.

We also seem flat. As for not a lot of gang tackling, our guys are so slow that we are lucky if one is in place to make a tackle - let alone 2 - :-)

Teams don't turn the ball over when they consistently have a lead and no real sense of urgency to take risks to put points on the board.  That having been said, even last year when we put points on the board, we didn't really force any TOs after the first couple week onslaught. There's just not much talent on that side of the ball once you get passed the defensive line. 

Most interceptions are a result of a qb making a bad decision due to pressure of the defensive line. Most pressure from the defensive line is a result of decent corner play and lack of options opening up quickly for the qb. Without a secondary we are having trouble pressuring the qbs into making bad plays. The lack of turnovers should not be surprising we have no tight coverage corners.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived