Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

39 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If a dog ate its own sh*t and then sh*t it out again, that sh*t would be better at basketball than Carmelo is.

It's such a shame he's still on this team because they would actually be enjoyable to watch (for the most part) if it werent for that slug.  He ruins anything that can be good about this team.  Well, him, Noah and Rose...but you know.  

The media focusing on Noah and his contract (which is irrelevant IMO bc KP & Billy have below-market deals for the life of Noah's contract) provide a good shield for Melo being absolutely awful 3 of the last 4 games.

If Melo didn't sh*t the bed the last 2 games they win easily.  Melo has 33 shots the last 2 games and they've lost by a combined 14 points.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

It's such a shame he's still on this team because they would actually be enjoyable to watch (for the most part) if it werent for that slug.  He ruins anything that can be good about this team.  Well, him, Noah and Rose...but you know.  

Rose has played well this season and Noah is a carcass, but still, I get what you're saying about Melo.  The D breakdowns always go back to him as well.

It's funny hearing the groans and boos when Melo gets the ball and holds it for more than second at the Garden

3 minutes ago, SMC said:

Rose has played well this season and Noah is a carcass, but still, I get what you're saying about Melo.  The D breakdowns always go back to him as well.

It's funny hearing the groans and boos when Melo gets the ball and holds it for more than second at the Garden

Rose has played well at times, I just thing he gets in the way of the long term.

Melo is just an awful basketball player.  He literally has zero concept of what it takes to win.  Zero.  I've honestly never seen anything like it before.  I literally cant remember a "superstar" who is a bigger detriment to a team and organization than Melo.  It's insane.  You'll never win with him, ever.  Never.  Ever.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Rose has played well, I just thing he gets in the way of the long term.

Melo is just an awful basketball player.  He literally has zero concept of what it takes to win.  Zero.  I've honestly never seen anything like it before.  I literally cant remember a "superstar" who is a bigger detriment to a team and organization than Melo.  It's insane.  You'll never win with him, ever.  Never.  Ever.

I hear what you're saying.  I think a team can win with Melo, but not as the "man."  I think that's where the "It's Porzingis' team now" narrative is coming from.  Fans and media know Melo can't be the main guy.  They certainly can't win wit him hoisting 20-25 shots a game and shooting under 40%.

Seriously, in his last 4 games he's shot a whopping 91 times while only making 32 (35%).  In fact, it's only that high because of his 14 makes against Hornets at the Garden.  Otherwise he's 18/66 (27%)

Just now, SMC said:

I hear what you're saying.  I think a team can win with Melo, but not as the "man."  I think that's where the "It's Porzingis' team now" narrative is coming from.  Fans and media know Melo can't be the main guy.  They certainly can't win wit him hoisting 20-25 shots a game and shooting under 40%.

Seriously, in his last 4 games he's shot a whopping 91 times while only making 32 (35%).  In fact, it's only that high because of his 14 makes against Hornets at the Garden.  Otherwise he's 18/66 (27%)

He'll never be able to take a back seat and that's part of the problem.  He's a franchise killer.  His attitude, his play...everything about him is toxic.  This team would be one of the better teams in the East without Melo.  I truly believe that. 

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Rose has played well at times, I just thing he gets in the way of the long term.

Both are black holes

BTW, KP has slowly altered his on court fashion.  He thankfully ditched the black undershirt for white with the home uni.  Hopefully he'll wear royal blue with the road unis.  The black has never been a good look for the Knicks, IMO, even in the late 90s when there was a bunch of black.

Last night was also the first time he wore the extended knee pads like Melo and Rose, rather than the Ewing classic knee pads.

22 hours ago, SMC said:

BTW, KP has slowly altered his on court fashion.  He thankfully ditched the black undershirt for white with the home uni.  Hopefully he'll wear royal blue with the road unis.  The black has never been a good look for the Knicks, IMO, even in the late 90s when there was a bunch of black.

Last night was also the first time he wore the extended knee pads like Melo and Rose, rather than the Ewing classic knee pads.

For me it wasn't so much the black stripes, it was the v-neck. Always made Starks look like he was wearing a dress that was 2 sizes too big.

Image result for knicks 90s uniforms

Image result for knicks john starks

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2016 at 3:36 PM, SMC said:

I remember being forced to wear larry bird shorts in the 80's, thank god for michael jordan !!!!!

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

For me it wasn't so much the black stripes, it was the v-neck. Always made Starks look like he was wearing a dress that was 2 sizes too big.

Image result for knicks 90s uniforms

Image result for knicks john starks

LOL, exactly.  The v-neck was so dumb.  The NBA fashion back then was ridiculous.  Remember the Griz and Raptor first unis?  Even the Rockets Barkley era unis were awful.

BTW, I loved John Wallace!

33 minutes ago, SMC said:

The next 4 games are big IMO because they're against 4 teams well under .500 (Minny twice, Kings and Heat) who are combined 17-35.  Knicks have Cavs after that (a loss) then a 5 game west-coast road trip.

Next 4 are important because the Knicks are awful on the road this year. They're going 1-4 on that stretch tops.

On 11/29/2016 at 9:19 AM, SMC said:

The media focusing on Noah and his contract (which is irrelevant IMO bc KP & Billy have below-market deals for the life of Noah's contract) provide a good shield for Melo being absolutely awful 3 of the last 4 games.

If Melo didn't sh*t the bed the last 2 games they win easily.  Melo has 33 shots the last 2 games and they've lost by a combined 14 points.

Let them focus all they want on Noah's contract.  This team is headed in the right direction.

It's early, but thinking of All Star voting, there's a good chance that the front court starters (fan vote) will be Lebron, Giannis and KP.  The battle will be if Dwight gains enough votes to knock off either Giannis or KP.  Love is having a great season, but I think he gets in by the coaches because he won't have the fan votes.

On 12/1/2016 at 9:38 AM, SMC said:

It's early, but thinking of All Star voting, there's a good chance that the front court starters (fan vote) will be Lebron, Giannis and KP.  The battle will be if Dwight gains enough votes to knock off either Giannis or KP.  Love is having a great season, but I think he gets in by the coaches because he won't have the fan votes.

NBA needs Porzingis in the all-star game.  Not only is NY the biggest market he's huge for international ratings.

• Upvote 1