Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

His rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals are down and his fouls are up from last year's rookie-excuse numbers. He is exactly the same as every other fake-good dipsh*t this franchise has hitched its wagon to for the last twenty years. He scores a lot of points inefficiently and that's pretty much it. But because he does it while being a different shape and size and color than the others he's a precious unicorn. He's still young. He will get better and a quantum leap is obviously a possibility. But right now awful is precisely the word for Porzingis' s current play and the team's long term outlook.

437284.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

His rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals are down and his fouls are up from last year's rookie-excuse numbers. He is exactly the same as every other fake-good dipsh*t this franchise has hitched its wagon to for the last twenty years. He scores a lot of points inefficiently and that's pretty much it. But because he does it while being a different shape and size and color than the others he's a precious unicorn. He's still young. He will get better and a quantum leap is obviously a possibility. But right now awful is precisely the word for Porzingis' s current play and the team's long term outlook.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You are insane.

His numbers at this age are fantastic, superior to just about any comparable player. Outside of Karl Anthony Towns and Anthony Davis there isn't a more valuable young player in the league.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You are insane.

His numbers at this age are fantastic, superior to just about any comparable player. Outside of Karl Anthony Towns and Anthony Davis there isn't a more valuable young player in the league.

What's considered young?

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

437284.jpg

35 minutes ago, SMC said:

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You are insane.

That's fine. I'd plug my ears and cover my eyes and laugh through another fifteen years as sh*tty as the last fifteen years too if dumb on purpose was an option available to me. Just don't any of you ****ers give me any crap in five years about how I'm happy the Knicks are still terrible because it means I'm right on the internet.

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

That's fine. I'd plug my ears and cover my eyes and laugh through another fifteen years as sh*tty as the last fifteen years too if dumb on purpose was an option available to me. Just don't any of you ****ers give me any crap in five years about how I'm happy the Knicks are still terrible because it means I'm right on the internet.

Fascinating. 

Go on. 

• Upvote 1

This is from Bill Simmons' Ringer article on degrees of Unicorness (I agree with his conclusion that KP is a unicorn in the sense we've never seen his like, but likely will see again but The Greek Freak is a unicorn in the sense that we've never seen him before and will never see again):

KP, Year 2 (age 21): 20.1 and 7.6, 45–38–79, 18.9 PER, 1.8 BPG, 5.4 3FGA, 4.3 FTA, 34.6 MPG
Dirk, Year 2 (age 21): 17.5 and 6.5, 46–38–83, 17.5 PER, 0.8 BPG, 3.7 3FGA, 4.2 FTA, 35.8 MPG

(Bonus nugget: According to Basketball-Reference, Duncan, Shaq, and Anthony Davis were the only other 21-or-under players taller than 6-foot-10 to put up 20 points and 7.5 rebounds with 1.7 blocks and an 18-plus PER every night. The Zinger!)

Yep, Porzingis is just awful!

https://theringer.com/battle-of-the-nba-unicorns-bdf6c4a7b331#.efv52q3kd

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Melo has issues, but there's no bigger POS coach in the NBA in recent memory than George Karl.  There's a reason every player who played for him still hates his guts and he's been fired from every job he's had.

42 minutes ago, SMC said:

Melo has issues, but there's no bigger POS coach in the NBA in recent memory than George Karl.  There's a reason every player who played for him still hates his guts and he's been fired from every job he's had.

There's a reason everyone who's coached Melo has been fired too. And we're talking about Cousins, JR and Melo when it comes to Karl...all complete knuckleheads.

51 minutes ago, SMC said:

This is from Bill Simmons' Ringer article on degrees of Unicorness (I agree with his conclusion that KP is a unicorn in the sense we've never seen his like, but likely will see again but The Greek Freak is a unicorn in the sense that we've never seen him before and will never see again):

KP, Year 2 (age 21): 20.1 and 7.6, 45–38–79, 18.9 PER, 1.8 BPG, 5.4 3FGA, 4.3 FTA, 34.6 MPG
Dirk, Year 2 (age 21): 17.5 and 6.5, 46–38–83, 17.5 PER, 0.8 BPG, 3.7 3FGA, 4.2 FTA, 35.8 MPG

(Bonus nugget: According to Basketball-Reference, Duncan, Shaq, and Anthony Davis were the only other 21-or-under players taller than 6-foot-10 to put up 20 points and 7.5 rebounds with 1.7 blocks and an 18-plus PER every night. The Zinger!)

Yep, Porzingis is just awful!

https://theringer.com/battle-of-the-nba-unicorns-bdf6c4a7b331#.efv52q3kd

Im sure this will go over like a fart in church but Dirk was a bit overrated himself. Porzingis needs to improve drastically as a rebounder if he's every going to turn into a great player. Knicks are more desperate for a guy like KG to turn this around than a Dirk, imo.

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Im sure this will go over like a fart in church but Dirk was a bit overrated himself. Porzingis needs to improve drastically as a rebounder if he's every going to turn into a great player. Knicks are more desperate for a guy like KG to turn this around than a Dirk, imo.

It's hard for Dirk to be overrated when he is the greatest Euro ever and 1st ballot HOFer.

As to rebounding, did you read the bonus nugget?  KP is on par with Duncan, Shaq and Davis at age 21 or younger, even with the 7.6 rpg.  I really don't know what you mean "improve dramatically" as a rebounder because his rebounding isn't bad.  He's 33rd in rebounding in entire NBA and 13th among PF.  KP won't be a 12-15 rpg player because he doesn't play around the rim as a 4 with KOQ, Noah and Willy there.  On the otherhand, at 21 yrs old, KP is 5th in scoring among PF and 2nd in blocks

2 hours ago, SMC said:

I was never a fan of Karl's really. When Denver upset Seattle in '94 Karl was in tears afterward and I was glad. But I think he mellowed[excuse the pun] in the latter part of his career. I really doubt every player hated him.

Whatever. It's a fitting comment for 'Melo' nonetheless.

I think Melo is trying to make his mates better now, at times. But it is really against his nature and it's a tough thing for him to stick with.

For the record, defending the notion that Porzingis is a great young talent doesn't mean I'm defending the Knicks organization or the idea that the team is on the right track to sustained success. Just that I'm not going to skewer the best thing to happen to the organization in 30 years. He's a young stud who is only going to get better.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SMC said:

This might be true but it doesn't make Karl wrong.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

For the record, defending the notion that Porzingis is a great young talent doesn't mean I'm defending the Knicks organization or the idea that the team is on the right track to sustained success. Just that I'm not going to skewer the best thing to happen to the organization in 30 years. He's a young stud who is only going to get better.

Simmons had a great analogy for KP in the article:

"Porzingis is the unexpectedly beautiful, doting, lovable 21-year-old girlfriend who taught the bitter, brokenhearted, emotionally scarred divorcee (in this case, every Knicks fan) how to feel basic human emotions like happiness and love again. "

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This might be true but it doesn't make Karl wrong.  

Oh yeah, except bringing up the lack of father part.  That was low and, if you read his full comments, completely contradictory because he also criticized JR for his father's involvement.

5 hours ago, SMC said:

Funny thing is between the sh*t with Jackson a few weeks ago and this, (though the stuff with Karl was well known), Melo's the guy that comes off acting like the adult. Which is crazy considering the hats and cryptic Instagram posts.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And Martin bodied Karl for it.

k1

k2

And Martin said exactly what I said that everyone who's played for Karl hates his guts.  Karl is only where he is at because of good players.  There was nothing innovative or compelling about his coaching style or philosophy.  He's ALWAYS clashed with star players, going back to his Seattle days.

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Would be pretty huge for the bench to give that type of production the rest of the way. Would certainly help Rose and Noah a lot minutes wise. 

This was actually the first blowout of the season where the starters had gotten a chance to rest in the 4th and none of them played 30 minutes.  There have been other blowouts where the opponent came back in the 4th and Hornacek was forced to play Melo and KP to secure the win.