Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

What an ugly W. That's the worst officiated game of the season for sure. I hope the Kings don't trade Boogie just because I don't wanna watch him play anymore. It's annoying as all hell. Guy should be a top 3 player but between being a psychopath and bitching incessantly after every whistle, enough already.

Pretty cool for Melo to come out like that after the Cavs loss and crap with Phil. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And that strip on Noah.

Also since when can a player stop a game by asking the refs to review for a flagrant that wasn't called? That's a thing now? That can't be a thing.

That officiating was ridiculous. I've never seen a player call his own flagrant for review. The fact that they called a TV on Melo was absurd. Melo kept saying "That's bullsh*t!" as he was stepping to line and I thought he was going to get Td again and thrown out.

Good win because it was a tough spot for everyone. Jennings is not a starting PG on this team. They need Rose.

27 minutes ago, SMC said:

That officiating was ridiculous. I've never seen a player call his own flagrant for review. The fact that they called a TV on Melo was absurd. Melo kept saying "That's bullsh*t!" as he was stepping to line and I thought he was going to get Td again and thrown out.

Good win because it was a tough spot for everyone. Jennings is not a starting PG on this team. They need Rose.

Watching Boogie is excruciating. It's like if Rasheed Wallace and John McEnroe morphed into one giant super dick.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The officiating is bad. The complaining is worse. This team fouls like crazy and is sh*tty at getting to the line and it isn't the refs' fault.

The Knicks don't drive nearly as much as they should but Melo and Jennings were getting mugged last night with nothing getting called.  

The "flagrant" review?  That was comical that it even got made into an issue Melo had every right to complain - the officials were either working for Vegas or incompetent or both

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This lineup that Hornacek had in third: Rose/Lee/Lance/Porzingis/Willy. That was a fun five to watch. The Knicks should run that one more, they played well together. 

Agree.  Hernangomez and Lee do a lot of little things that don't show in a box score.

Great sign Knicks with with Melo shooting 4/16. 

Lakers are going to forever regret passing on Porzingis for Russell. I liked Russell coming out of college, but mental and emotional makeup matter. KP has that locked down but Russell is a wreck. Plus, some of his passes were mind boggling 

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

When Porzingis plays like this and mixes the sexuality with the violence...I like it.

Presented without comment:

Kristaps Porzingis Wilson Chandler Average BIG
Position PF (4.1) PF (3.9) FC (4.5)
Minutes 820.1 654.7 -
ADJP48 .248 .240 .309
WP48 .037 .035 .099
POP48 -1.9 -2.0 0
Wins produced .6 .5 -
Points 28.1 27.6 20.1
Defensive rebounds 8.1 9.0 9.0
Offensive rebounds 2.7 2.6 3.4
Rebounds 10.8 11.7 12.4
Assists 1.9 2.6 3.0
Turnovers 2.0 2.5 2.6
Blocks 2.6 .3 1.6
Steals .8 1.2 1.4
Fouls 5.3 3.3 4.7

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

So the threes are the sexuality and the blocks are the violence? I'd like to see him try his hand at mixing the basketball with the being good at stuff.

See, it's posts like this is the reason no one likes you

8 minutes ago, SMC said:

I'm interested to see how we do against GS. If the backcourt can play even some average D on the perimeter and we don't fall apart in transition I think Porzingis has a big defensive game again. Warriors are fun to watch but the one thing about them is they can't go big for sh*t and that's one area where we are pretty well stocked.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Someone must be playing well if they're 4 games over .500

They are four games over instead of four games under mostly on sheer luck. But yes. Plenty of guys are playing well. Actually pretty much everybody who does anything besides throw the ball at the rim a whole bunch is helping us win. The Knicks have gotten pretty good at filling out a roster with both hands tied behind their backs. They've certainly had enough practice. End of the day it's the same sh*tty chucker-driven basketball as it has been for the last fifteen years. The faphappy buttsniffing fanboys stay way placated because they get their chances to say cute sh*t like the sexuality and violence thing whenever somebody goes off, but Carmelo and Rose and Porzingis is like playing russian roulette with too many bullets and you're always gonna blow your brains out eventually.

9 hours ago, SMC said:

Great sign Knicks with with Melo shooting 4/16. 

Lakers are going to forever regret passing on Porzingis for Russell. I liked Russell coming out of college, but mental and emotional makeup matter. KP has that locked down but Russell is a wreck. Plus, some of his passes were mind boggling 

Luke Walton turned down the Knicks job to go coach the Lakers haha

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

They are four games over instead of four games under mostly on sheer luck. But yes. Plenty of guys are playing well. Actually pretty much everybody who does anything besides throw the ball at the rim a whole bunch is helping us win. The Knicks have gotten pretty good at filling out a roster with both hands tied behind their backs. They've certainly had enough practice. End of the day it's the same sh*tty chucker-driven basketball as it has been for the last fifteen years. The faphappy buttsniffing fanboys stay way placated because they get their chances to say cute sh*t like the sexuality and violence thing whenever somebody goes off, but Carmelo and Rose and Porzingis is like playing russian roulette with too many bullets and you're always gonna blow your brains out eventually.

519COaQMm7L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Apparently my wife and I had to do something called "spending time together" tonight. I tried explaining that you don't **** with a winning streak (that Cavs game didn't count), but alas, the perils of being wed to a nurse and her schedule. Good job honey.

She did you a favor.

Worst loss of the season because this was absolutely a game they should have won.

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Apparently my wife and I had to do something called "spending time together" tonight. I tried explaining that you don't **** with a winning streak (that Cavs game didn't count), but alas, the perils of being wed to a nurse and her schedule. Good job honey.

I only caught the overtime because I too, had a "spending time together" night with my wife, but for her holiday party.  I have to say,it was the best holiday party I've ever went to. My wife works in a children's psychiatric center run by the State. After consolidation with other state-run kid psych hospitals in the city they starting having a joint holiday party in different locations throughout the five boroughs. My wife's boss said F-that and threw her own holiday party for her unit of 8 employees. She held it at this catering hall in Long Island and it was awesome (and a great money making idea for the hall). It was like having the best parts of a wedding reception. Companies rent tables and there is a cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. It's $70 a head and it's unlimited food and alcohol from 7 to 11:30 pm. There were about 10 to 15 companies there last night and it was a blast.

As for the game, I'm not too upset.  They can get out of this road trip 3-2 I'll be happy.  I'm happy with KP.  Melo's crappy shooting is again leading to losses.  The biggest issue is Rose's health.  Jennings is simply not a starting caliber PG anymore because of his decision making.