No upside to starting Fitz. None

JohnnyLV

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

And left tackle. And right guard. And tight end. And young running back. And a slew of corners. And safeties. I'm sorry. Am I missing anything else?

winters is good.  the defense played ok today.  you can't have great players at every position.  this was the perfect example of a winnable game where they just needed to be better in the red zone.  the last pick by fitz was a referendum on his entire career.  petty could not have done worse.  they sacrificed an opportunity when he was in there, just wimpy play calling.  yet they'll let fitz throw anything inside the 20.

10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

This macro statement is true: The WORST player in the NFL and the most destructive to a teams long term success is the veteran, weak armed "game manager" QB. The Jets of all teams should know this. Playing this type of player dooms the franchise to years of mediocrity. 

That being said - and I don't disagree - but Chan Gailey needs to be called on the carpet and given his walking papers tomorrow. He completely abandons a run game that is operating at peak efficiency and decides to pass, pass, pass with a scatter armed QB who was NOT operating at peak efficiency. That is the brain trust on game day for the Jets. Plus, we have Rex Ryan with black face as far as KNOWING what is going on offensively. This coaching staff is broken. Completely and in all phases.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i disagree.  the jets have better players than the dolphins.  they also have a terrible qb they cannot overcome.

And an OC who is determined to make that ineffective QB the next Tom Brady so he can get another HC job. I'll tell you this Chan Gailey, all you are showing is that you are clueless as to calling a game effectively. You have success running the ball and mixed results passing and what do you decide to do? Call five running plays the entire second half even though the game was never more than one score away.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

And an OC who is determined to make that ineffective QB the next Tom Brady so he can get another HC job. I'll tell you this Chan Gailey, all you are showing is that you are clueless as to calling a game effectively. You have success running the ball and mixed results passing and what do you decide to do? Call five running plays the entire second half even though the game was never more than one score away.

they just need to change qbs.  no other qb would loft a pass into the endzone like that.

6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

That being said - and I don't disagree - but Chan Gailey needs to be called on the carpet and given his walking papers tomorrow. He completely abandons a run game that is operating at peak efficiency and decides to pass, pass, pass with a scatter armed QB who was NOT operating at peak efficiency. That is the brain trust on game day for the Jets. Plus, we have Rex Ryan with black face as far as KNOWING what is going on offensively. This coaching staff is broken. Completely and in all phases.

He should have probably run more. But there were LOTS of wide open receivers that Fitz just flat out missed. Fitz is terrible. Bowles continuing to play him is just insane. Fire him tomorrow. He is not the guy.

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

For the "greater good."  I want my team, that I have invested 30+ years in watching basically every game, to win a SB.

Only way it happens is to lose often, and build a team from the ground up for when Brady retires.  2020 and beyond.  I cannot stress this enough.  Today is worse than irrelevant with Fitz playing, it is counterproductive.

Well, at least you're happy today "Jets Fan", you got your Fitz injury and our embarrassing Same Old Jets loss to our hated rival.

"For the greater good".

Enjoy it.  

8 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Yes that is the very popular opinion around here, however it is not yet fact. It may very well be after this game but as of now we still have a very slim chance to make it hell there is even an even slimmer chance that we can win the division.

Like I said  we are out of it.

14 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Like I said  we are out of it.

I am ready to see petty too but realistically there is still a possibility of making it. Obviously it is not going to happen i suspect we come real close maybe down to the last game or two and then blow it.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So does Bowles, our Defense, Forte and many of our so-called fans.

Yeah but when you have the worst starting qb in the NFL it kinda sets the tone.  I know you've been defending Fitz all season long but really it's time to scuttle this ship.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

I am ready to see petty too but realistically there is still a possibility of making it. Obviously it is not going to happen i suspect we come real close maybe down to the last game or two and then blow it.

There's a better chance of Jessica Alba getting naked and hopping into a bed with me tonight than of the Jets even going 8-8 with Fitz.

12 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Yeah but when you have the worst starting qb in the NFL it kinda sets the tone.  I know you've been defending Fitz all season long but really it's time to scuttle this ship.

You can lie all you like, but I havn't been "defending Fitz".  Fitz has been bad, and I've said so, clearly and often.  He was still better, and vastly more durable, than glassjaw Geno.

He is a symptom, he is not the disease.  This team is very very bad.  The Defense is amongst the worst I've ever had the displeasure to watch, and no, Fitz doesn't "set the tone" for this dogsh*t Defense.

Specials have now cost us what, 2 games?  Three?  Embarrassment.

What I've said all year long till today is this:  Till we're out of contention, we play the best QB who gives us the best chance to win.  BEcause thats what NFL teams do.  That was, no matter what any injury-and-loss rotting "Jets Fans" think, Fitzpatrick up till now.  

Once we're out, we should play Petty.  Which is what I expect will happen in a week or so, when we hit 3-7.  

But the worst has been seeing exactly how bad, how truly detestable and ignorant some of my so-called fellow Jets Fans actually are.  Rooting for injuries.  Rooting for losses.  I'm as embarrassed to be a part of this fan base as I am by the play on the field this year.

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, at least you're happy today "Jets Fan", you got your Fitz injury and our embarrassing Same Old Jets loss to our hated rival.

"For the greater good".

Enjoy it.  

This team has almost nothing to work with.  The only positives are Leo Williams and the young WRs.

O-Line is a mess.  It took Dallas and Oakland several years to build theirs. Expect the same here.

Defense is a mess. DL overrated and overpaid. LBs are below average. Secondary is a disaster.

Probably don't have a QB on the roster either.  Hopefully, we get to find out starting next week.

Head Coach is a gutless moron.

This is a 4 year rebuild AT A MINIMUM.  Time to start next week.

I am not enjoying any of this. I am sick of it.  If you would seriously have enjoyed a worthless win today against Miami, you are far too easily satisfied.  Blow the whole thing up and no free agency splurging.  No trading for Romo. Nothing.  Just a youth movement and the draft. 

I honestly believe that the Browns are possibly in better shape than the Jets right now. They are a year ahead of us.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

You can lie all you like, but I havn't been "defending Fitz".  Fitz has been bad, and I've said so, clearly and often.  He was still better, and vastly more durable, than glassjaw Geno.

He is a symptom, he is not the disease.  This team is very very bad.  The Defense is amongst the worst I've ever had the displeasure to watch, and no, Fitz doesn't "set the tone" for this dogsh*t Defense.

Specials have now cost us what, 2 games?  Three?  Embarrassment.

What I've said all year long till today is this:  Till we're out of contention, we play the best QB who gives us the best chance to win.  BEcause thats what NFL teams do.  That was, no matter what any injury-and-loss rotting "Jets Fans" think, Fitzpatrick up till now.  

Once we're out, we should play Petty.  Which is what I expect will happen in a week or so, when we hit 3-7.  

But the worst has been seeing exactly how bad, how truly detestable and ignorant some of my so-called fellow Jets Fans actually are.  Rooting for injuries.  Rooting for losses.  I'm as embarrassed to be a part of this fan base as I am by the play on the field this year.

Are you Fitzpatrick's cousin?  His lawyer wouldn't defend him as passionately as you do and yes you have been defending him for whatever asinine reasons all season long.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick SUCKS 

Fire Macc and fire Bowles 

Blow this thing up 

I'd keep Mac.  I think he's our first semi-competent GM since Parcells.

Bowles can go work for Arians in Arizona again and Fitz can retire after this season.

Archived