Conversation with a Cowboys fan.

joewilly12

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

do you think the jets were trying to make their own luck when drating gholston, ducasse, hill, etc?  to the extent that teams do draft for need they make their own luck.  obviously, unless your name is idzik, you don't draft players who were injured throughout their college careers and expect them to perform at a higher level. but at the same time, players do get better out of college if only because they age another year and get filled out.

your point is well taken about the oline.  it's been neglected since damien woody left and only now are they trying to get some good play and players.

The Jets had one of the worst scouting departments in football. So, my thought is, even if they drafted, say Jameis Winston, they didn't have the surrounding talent to support good QB play.

I keep hearing people say "until you have a Franchise QB..." Well, look at so-called Franchise QBs: Brady, Russell Wilson, Brees, for example. NONE of these guys were considered Franchise QBs coming out of college and Brady only got his chance because of Mo Lewis. Yeah, a QB has to have SOME talent, but, to me, it's the intangibles--making the most out of your talent--that makes a QB a "franchise" QB.

The Jets may have a "Franchise" QB on the roster. But until they have a "FRANCHISE" surrounding him, they'll never find out.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yea it is all just luck....

Remember Romo's pre-draft rating here take a look at one snippet:

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/scouting-report-on-tony-romo-in-draft-insiders-03-yearbook.156152/

Romo is a talented prospect with the tools to start, but most likely a 2nd day selection in this deep QB class. He is a quality 3rd string NFL passer with excellent upside potential. This guy should emerge as an NFL starter in time with proper coaching and some patience. Excellent middle round prospect with the ability to shine in a West Coast offense.

Draft Projection: 5th-6th Round

Oh and by the way Romo wasn't drafted and was holder his first two years in the NFL.

No it is not luck it is knowing what you are doing!!

Good point Charles. Mac was said to be highly interested in Dak. Instead he jumped on a developmental Hack. What the fak was that?  Thanks Mac. Cowboys essentially were able to plug 3 raw integral pieces into their starting lineup with resounding production. Dak, Elliot and the tackle Collins.  That's like hitting on 3 first round picks. Storyline: Lord of the Rings Meets Lord of the Ringless for 47 years and counting. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Getting a franchise QB gives you time to do the other stuff, if you don't find your Qb the gm and coach get fired and you start over.

No one in the world would dispute that the cowboys in their own right are pretty good but Prescott has been outstanding and in fact has not been some game manager, his play has won games.  Also look at what happened to Dallas last year when Romo got hurt and they had to go to the likes of Weeden.

The best thing to take away from Dallas as a blue print and even the jets from their last bout of success is to invest heavily into the offensive line.  (Too bad we will be taking a corner next year with our 1st pick)

Last year they could not run the ball; unidimensional football is losing football in the NFL; ask Andrew Luck.

1 hour ago, Awesumtenor said:

Last year they could not run the ball; unidimensional football is losing football in the NFL; ask Andrew Luck.

They still had the dominant oline they had AWFUL Qbing which was zero threat, thus stacked boxes thus no run game, they also had some injuries there as well.

I did have to laugh at the number of people the poo pahed taking Elliot that early, a complete back.

If there is anything that will sink the cowboys it will be their defense, they will get a good test this week,

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah being a high school ballplayer makes one an authority of all things football.  I'd also say a good many people on these forums played high school ball, but obviously not the fitz supporters.

Playing on the high school level is more than many who were band members or too busy smoking weed to bother. 

Were you semi-pro or prison team? 

20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

How dont you build off success?  How do you allow your roster to be not good?  How do you not fix it?  How and why Ryan Fitzpatrick?  Why Todd Bowles he was a nobody? 

We agreed teams are supposed to improve and get better how did the Jets get so bad in this short time. 

Yeah, with all teams improving every year, my personal prediction is that pretty soon everyone will be 16-0.

Or is the insight that teams are supposed to *improve*, and we failed to get the memo?

Just now, thshadow said:

Yeah, with all teams improving every year, my personal prediction is that pretty soon everyone will be 16-0.

Or is the insight that teams are supposed to *improve*, and we failed to get the memo?

Teams improve or they make attempts to improve signing Fitzpatrick set this organization backwards  the draft is still a joke here and coaching is horrendous Woody Johnson must be a bigger moron than Todd Bowles. 

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Teams improve or they make attempts to improve signing Fitzpatrick set this organization backwards  the draft is still a joke here and coaching is horrendous Woody Johnson must be a bigger moron than Todd Bowles. 

Will definitely agree with your last point.

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Playing on the high school level is more than many who were band members or too busy smoking weed to bother. 

Were you semi-pro or prison team? 

Yeah and the weed smokers and band members are also historically big football fans.  I'd tell you to give your head a shake but the last half of you brain might slide out.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah and the weed smokers and band members are also historically big football fans.  I'd tell you to give your head a shake but the last half of you brain might slide out.

Yes personal attacks when you got nothing else I understand. 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Played some ball at Michigan, didn't get drafted very high but I managed to stick with it and impress my coaches and we've won like 4 Super Bowls since. 

Wow cool story bro.

On 11/22/2016 at 8:28 PM, Jet Nut said:

Was he the same kind of shltty neighbor when his Cowboys went from 12-4 in 2014 to one of the worst teams at 4-12 the very next season?

Dont you wish you knew enough to ask him?

I dont argue with my neighbors over football and he was sympathizing with the Jets being his wife is a Jets fan.  

Dont you wish you knew enough not to act like a fool. 

Archived