Was there ANY doubt? (Fitztragic)

Dcronin

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I still like Mauldin. I hate what the coaching staff did to him

I agree. I think they have made some good choices at LB.

But, in true Todd Bowles mode, they continue fool themselves into thinking David Harris is needed. He's more of a liability than a strength at this point. If nobody else can relay the defense to the other players, they are too stupid to play and be successful in the NFL.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, phill1c said:

But, in true Todd Bowles mode, they continue fool themselves into thinking David Harris is needed. He's more of a liability than a strength at this point. If nobody else can relay the defense to the other players, they are too stupid to play and be successful in the NFL.

David Harris is a shell of his old self time to move on...

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So instead of attacking my central point and telling me why I am wrong, you go after name calling too. Seems familiar

I attacked your central point: that your posts ALWAYS excuse losing play and suggest that it's ok to do the same thing with the same result (losing).

I'm sorry that wasn't clear. I thought calling you the Todd Bowles of the forum said all that in two words.

Just now, phill1c said:

Well what could happen is that Harris will be cut., and Lee and Peppers (maybe) fall into place.

5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

NO, they need two OTs, left and right, they need a RB. They need a big CB or FS.

Every year the NFL has players that fit that bill coming out of college.

They absolutely don't need a "marquee" player at QB.

Ijalana has played fine enough to hold the fort down at RT. He's playing out of position right now and doing OK.  He was much better as a RT.  LT is a tough one though.  There are no LT's worth the pick we will likely have so we're going to either be forced to reach on a player or look elsewhere for a solution.  I hope it's the latter.

A top 5 corner would be laughably stupid.  As would a safety.  The next Revis and Reed aren't in this group.

We aren't good enough to draft and plug a RB like Fournette and get success like the Cowboys did with Zeke.  

Without a franchise QB, we will go nowhere.  We picked one of the worst draft classes to blow up over.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I dont care about Fitz's history. That's not what my point was.

Those who forget that past are condemned to repeat it.

And your point was football-dumb. There definitely IS a thing called Pocket Presence. YOu know, that's what allows Brady to avoid Mo Wilkerson and throw a completion and what causes Fitzpatrick to get strip-sacked.

Just now, phill1c said:

I attacked your central point: that your posts ALWAYS excuse losing play and suggest that it's ok to do the same thing with the same result (losing).

I'm sorry that wasn't clear. I thought calling you the Todd Bowles of the forum said all that in two words.

I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a bad QB. He has sucked this year. Didn't suck today, stat wise. His one turnover came because he couldn't see a guy behind him.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ijalana has played fine enough to hold the fort down at RT. He's playing out of position right now and doing OK.  He was much better as a RT.  LT is a tough one though.  There are no LT's worth the pick we will likely have so we're going to either be forced to reach on a player or look elsewhere for a solution.  I hope it's the latter.

A top 5 corner would be laughably stupid.  As would a safety.  The next Revis and Reed aren't in this group.

We aren't good enough to draft and plug a RB like Fournette and get success like the Cowboys did with Zeke.  

Without a franchise QB, we will go nowhere.  We picked one of the worst draft classes to blow up over.

A franchise QB is only one IF the OL is good. The Jets OTs are not very good. I'm wiling to give Ijalana some slack playing at LT when he did "ok" at RT. But the OL really is not overwhelming and without it, you could have Tom Brady back there and you're not going to win enough.

There are plenty of good players in the rounds not named "First". but, hey, maybe you're right. I don't really follow college enough to argue too vociferously on it.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

He had the turnover that cost us and lost us the game...along with Robbie Anderson

That's a fallacy. You can't have a turnover cost you the game if you are behind.

It cost us the opportunity to win the game. Difference.

Michael Kay uses Fallacy of the predetermined outcome

And stop with Robby Anderson. HIs fumble wasnt run in for 6 or close to the red zone.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

That's a fallacy. You can't have a turnover cost you the game if you are behind.

It cost us the opportunity to win the game. Difference.

Michael Kay uses Fallacy of the predetermined outcome

And stop with Robby Anderson. HIs fumble wasnt run in for 6 or close to the red zone.

Robbie Anderson fumbled didnt he then NE scored a TD didnt they....COME ON MAN get a clue 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Robbie Anderson fumbled didnt he then NE scored a TD didnt they....COME ON MAN get a clue 

You do know that Brady could have easily turned the ball back over or heaven forbid we might have stopped them. That's what I mean. You can't say that turning the ball over there would have directly led to points. Because you would have had to be a psychic.

Fallacy of the predetermined outcome

It did cause "Same Ol' Jets" mode to be invoked. It gave the Pats the KNOWLEDGE that it was just another game the Jets would cough up in the end...

If you are being serious, God help you and him.

Dude, that I can recognize patterns is a help to me. You're like Charlie Brown and the football.

I called the turnover at the end of the game.....its automatic with Fitzpatrick no brainer 

Pretty much, because it always happens. The guy is a choker of the 1st magnitude.

Just now, phill1c said:

Dude, that I can recognize patterns is a help to me. You're like Charlie Brown and the football.

Pretty much, because it always happens. The guy is a choker of the 1st magnitude.

There are no patterns. Each year, for the most part, has very little impact on the next. Look at the Cardinals and Panthers. 

Sports are unpredictable. If they were, the Pats would have 10 Super Bowl rings right now. 

This is why expecting success in sports is dumb. Because of the unpredictability the "Any Given Sunday" nature of the sport.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If you are being serious, God help you and him.

God help YOU.

I'm always willing to be proven wrong, and I usually go into a season optimistic. But I'm not going to look at the same train wreck, week after week, and pretend like I don't know what time it is.

Take your ridiculously ignorant optimism and shove it. You sound stupid at this 3-8 point in the season.

There are no patterns. Each year, for the most part, has very little impact on the next. Look at the Cardinals and Panthers. 

Sports are unpredictable. If they were, the Pats would have 10 Super Bowl rings right now. 

This is why expecting success in sports is dumb. Because of the unpredictability the "Any Given Sunday" nature of the sport.

WHAT?! There are no patterns?

He does the same thing virtually EVERY GAME.

• 1st quarter FG drive
  • 2nd quarter TD drive
  • 3rd Quarter ZERO points
  • 4th quarter ZERO come-from-behind TD drives in the last 2 minutes.

That you refuse to see them speaks negatively to your football acumen. You really ARE Todd Bowles. And that is very sad.

Just now, phill1c said:

God help YOU.

I'm always willing to be proven wrong, and I usually go into a season optimistic. But I'm not going to look at the same train wreck, week after week, and pretend like I don't know what time it is.

Take your ridiculously ignorant optimism and shove it. You sound stupid at this 3-8 point in the season.

There is a difference. I have accepted that the team sucks and instead of wallowing in negativity, I am looking at the performance of the young players so that we might be good in the future. In other words, this is a rebuild, no matter what the FO did,

You obviously have not accepted it or you have and prefer to wallow in misery.

Just now, phill1c said:

• 1st quarter FG drive
  • 2nd quarter TD drive

That you refuse to see them speaks negatively to your football acumen. You really ARE Todd Bowles. And that is very sad.

HE's Todd Bowles?  I can see that. 

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

• 1st quarter FG drive
  • 2nd quarter TD drive

You dont remember the Browns game do you? Because it clearly did not go like that. 

THERE ARE NO PATTERNS WHEN IT COMES TO TEAM SUCCESS.

Players in the abstract. like Fitz sucking in second halves, fine. But not to the specificity that you state. By the way, this game didnt even follow that pattern.

They scored a TD in the first half and the second half. So your pattern doesn't even work for this game.

There is a difference. I have accepted that the team sucks and instead of wallowing in negativity, I am looking at the performance of the young players so that we might be good in the future. In other words, this is a rebuild, no matter what the FO did,

You obviously have not accepted it or you have and prefer to wallow in misery.

No, I enjoy the good. But I don't lie to myself about the bad.

You make nonsensical arguments about the bad that cannot be substantiated by the facts.

So, yeah, there's a big difference between delusion and acceptance, you being the former and me being the latter.

You dont remember the Browns game do you? Because it clearly did not go like that. 

THERE ARE NO PATTERNS WHEN IT COMES TO TEAM SUCCESS.

Players in the abstract. like Fitz sucking in second halves, fine. But not to the specificity that you state. By the way, this game didnt even follow that pattern.

They scored a TD in the first half and the second half. So your pattern doesn't even work for this game.

Patterns don't ALWAYS happen, but when they happen enough, a discerning eye recognizes them. Yeah, the Brown game it didn't happen. That said, the Browns are a winless team, so, not all that surprising. AND, Geno Smith started that game, thereby preventing the Fitzpatrick pattern from repeating itself.

Just now, phill1c said:

No, I enjoy the good. But I don't lie to myself about the bad.

You make nonsensical arguments about the bad that cannot be substantiated by the facts.

So, yeah, there's a big difference between delusion and acceptance, you being the former and me being the latter.

Did you not see when I said Fitzpatrick sucked. I said he has sucked this year.

That's not lying to myself. 

But even sucky players have good days and this was a good day for him. 

In baseball the worst team wins about 50 games a year.

Just now, phill1c said:

Patterns don't ALWAYS happen, but when they happen enough, a discerning eye recognizes them. Yeah, the Brown game it didn't happen. That said, the Browns are a winless team, so, not all that surprising. AND, Geno Smith started that game, thereby preventing the Fitzpatrick pattern from repeating itself.

Geno Smith did not start that game. He started the Ravens game.

This is the pattern about Ryan Fitzpatrick. He has played worse in the second half this year than the first. That has happened. And as it is abstract, I can accept that. 

But today, for the most part, he played a thorough game. And I am not going to put all the blame on him for not being able to see a guy that was behind him.. 

Now if he had thrown a pick right to a guy then yes I would put the blame on him squarely. 

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Geno Smith did not start that game. He started the Ravens game

Oh, my bad. I was wrong.

The pattern thing still remains:

• Squandered 1st Quarter drive that should have been a TD; settling for a FG.
  • After the other team scores a TD, a TD drive to keep hope alive.
  • 3rd quarter impotence
  • 4th quarter hope and then
  • Game-killing turnover (usually an INT).

Seen it or a slight variation at least 5 times this year.

Just now, phill1c said:

Oh, my bad. I was wrong.

The pattern thing still remains:

• Squandered 1st Quarter drive that should have been a TD; settling for a FG.
  • After the other team scores a TD, a TD drive to keep hope alive.
  • 3rd quarter impotence
  • 4th quarter hope and then
  • Game-killing turnover (usually an INT).

Seen it at least 5 times this year.

I'm trying to figure out in which games you saw it.

Not Cincy, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, KC, Seattle, Ravens, Cleveland, LA (Petty Started), Arizona, 

The only two I could think of where all of those flag posts could have been hit were Miami and New England

Archived