Bowles is sticking with Fitz bec he doesn't want to go 3-13 giving Woody an excuse to fire him.

Jetsbb

19 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

100pct. He may also be auditioning for his next job. He's clearly not thinking about building this team for the future. 

If he started Petty the rest of the season and Petty ends up being bad then the only thing we would have done for our future is hold Hack back from snaps...Bowles sees these players more than we do i would hope he knows that they are capable of.

The Jets are the 1st team to go through the entire Fitzpatrick cycle and then start it all over again. 

I think starting Petty or Hack would be a better way of keeping his job. Losing with Fitzpatrick doesn't do anything for him. Losing with Petty or Hack at least provides some benefit to the team.

40 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Jets are the 1st team to go through the entire Fitzpatrick cycle and then start it all over again. 

I think starting Petty or Hack would be a better way of keeping his job. Losing with Fitzpatrick doesn't do anything for him. Losing with Petty or Hack at least provides some benefit to the team.

Or maybe, if Coach Bowles plays the players who gives him the best chance to win, for as long as he can, he can find out who's with him and who's not .  If you give place to the devil, you can't blame him if he takes it .

Just now, Tinstar said:

Or maybe, if Coach Bowles plays the players who gives him the best chance to win, for as long as he can, he can find out who's with him and who's not .  If you give place to the devil, you can't blame him if he takes it .

At least 3 key defenders have already shown they are not with him and the jets record is part of the result of this. Both he and the rest of the jets should be approaching the last 5 games of this year like this:

Revis is gone so who might replace him?

Richardson is gone who might replace him?

Fitzpatrick is gone who might replace him?

We have a couple young olbs are they good enough to provide us a pass rush?

I have a feeling that after the year is done they will have no clue about any of these things going into FA and the draft.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

At least 3 key defenders have already shown they are not with him and the jets record is part of the result of this. Both he and the rest of the jets should be approaching the last 5 games of this year like this:

Revis is gone so who might replace him?

Richardson is gone who might replace him?

Fitzpatrick is gone who might replace him?

We have a couple young olbs are they good enough to provide us a pass rush?

I have a feeling that after the year is done they will have no clue about any of these things going into FA and the draft.

Those are the obvious ones, because of their attitudes, salary and poor play . Players like Marshall, Mangold, Harris and Giacomini are exempt from this because there status is  up for debate . Now examine the rest of the roster with nothing to play for and tell me how you truly evaluate them  . 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

bowles is trying to win ?

**** that guy

The problem isn't that he's trying to win. It's that he's really bad at it and sacrificing overall benefits to the team in the pursuit of something that is...questionable at best of giving them a better chance to win.

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The problem isn't that he's trying to win. It's that he's really bad at it and sacrificing overall benefits to the team in the pursuit of something that is...questionable at best of giving them a better chance to win.

how is he sacrificing anything ? petty is a practice squad QB only promoted due to injury.

On 11/28/2016 at 7:42 PM, OH THE PAIN said:

Wouldn't you fight for your job  ? All Woody has to do is tell Bowles he won't be fired and then any QB can play . EASY PEASY .

woody told mangini he was safe when they traded for farve, that he wouldn't suffer blowback if it didn't work out

oops

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

fitzpatrick.jpg?quality=90&w=650&h=749

petty was thrown into a game after the starter got hurt, but he came up with "play like crap"

so why does everybody want him ?

I really don't get the petty love, its like he is a lifeboat of hope to keep some folks from realizing this team is sh*t and we are headed for another rebuild with a new staff and more losing 

if petty had earned the back up job from performance, or earned the starter job from performance, I would be thrilled.

that is not the case.  he is a raw QB that would have been on a PS or out on the street if the jets kept 2 QB's like 95% of the league the insanity is fooling yourself into thinking he is some star QB that just needs a chance

he got his chance and was sent back to the bench

What's going to be really interesting to watch unfold is when Bowles comes back next season and is really coaching for his job in year three. Especially with no obvious answer for next season at the most important position readily available to him. The third year is typically make or break and he doesn't have a QB. Crazy. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What's going to be really interesting to watch unfold is when Bowles comes back next season and is really coaching for his job in year three. Especially with no obvious answer for next season at the most important position readily available to him. The third year is typically make or break and he doesn't have a QB. Crazy. 

I think Macc scapegoats him and Woody Johnson fires him at the end of the season. 

Someones head has to roll for this bad season. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I think Macc scapegoats him and Woody Johnson fires him at the end of the season. 

Someones head has to roll for this bad season. 

I just don't see it. I know you don't care for him as coach and this is your personal bias speaking but aside from fans, there is no legitimate talk of his job being in danger. It's just not happening. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I just don't see it. I know you don't care for him as coach and this is your personal bias speaking but aside from fans, there is no legitimate talk of his job being in danger. It's just not happening. 

Carl he's made some really bad and dumb decisions this year we are playing quality NFL teams unlike last year he isn't head coaching material a mistake was made move on. 

Gailey stinks and Rodgers stinks thats all on Bowles. 

I have a feeling Woody Johnson forces the firing. 

He's obviously coaching for his job at this point, but say we get two wins out of the remaining schedule.  It won't matter.  And given the players don't really give a crap, I think he's gone.  Bowles hasn't progressed at all as a head coach and that is very troubling.

Bowles is that stupid to believe an extra two wins would make even the slightest difference .. but woody and Mac look at it this way, why not go into next yr with a new HC/OC with whoever our new qb will be.. Had petty had opportunity to play a bunch of games and do well, he probably saves Bowles

Archived