Roll Call - Who is going to Jets \ Dolphins on 12/17?

Maxman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I sent him my yellow pass for below the current online market price of $50 after fees.

What's the refund policy?  Ha, just my luck...  Wait almost two years to avoid watching Fitz play, and sure enough the POS plays.  

Hopefully you didn't waste the time with public transportation.  Disgraceful game.

I left this monstrosity after the end of the third quarter . I haven't left a game that early since the Pittsburgh snow game about 10 years ago . This organization is going to lose all of it's old time fans soon unless they turn it around . I'm still on the fence for renewing next year.

I didn't see the email about the possible delayed parking lot opening until we were already in line. But it was okay. Put the car in park, turned on the TV and we went to the fridge for some drinks. Started tailgating right in line. Was never happier to have an RV. :)

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

It was criminal with how icy the lots were . They're lucky no one fell and sued them . 

I can not remember having to shovel your own tailgating area before, ever. Security yelled at us when we were pulling in. He said where do you normally park, we showed him. He said that isn't plowed yet, you can't park there. I said okay, where should we park. He said on this site. 

Okay, no problem.

He starts yelling telling us we better listen, that he will check and kick us out. He was really nasty.

I said, I just need to know exactly where you want me to park. I don't care where it is. No reason that we should be getting yelled at. He realized he was over the line, and said yeah its just been a really long day.

I wanted to say (but didn't), yeah a really long day of not removing 2 inches of snow lol.

The best though was the lady taking the parking passes. I hand her three green passes. RV parking is $125. Each green pass counts as $35. She tells me I owe her another $30 in cash. I am like, yeah, no. I don't owe you $30. She added it up on a calculator. But I am like I am not giving you $30. Not sure why the prices would go up when the parking lot is open for less time.

11 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

I left this monstrosity after the end of the third quarter . I haven't left a game that early since the Pittsburgh snow game about 10 years ago . This organization is going to lose all of it's old time fans soon unless they turn it around . I'm still on the fence for renewing next year.

Yes -  I know how it feels. I left 5 years ago after I couldn't handle  MetLife Dump anymore.

Do it . You will enjoy the feeling to give this owner the F-nger.

Just End The Season.

12 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

I left with about 5 minutes to go. Got back to the tailgate in time to watch the end of the final drive. Terrible.

I can't remember ever leaving with 5 minutes on the clock. But the Here we go Dolphins chants were painful.

13 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Couldn't even plow the lots properly. 

So strange. Like the game time was set. The snow had stopped hours ago. It was a Saturday. How was plowing the parking lot not a focus. Someone forgot about the game.

Really bad.

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

So strange. Like the game time was set. The snow had stopped hours ago. It was a Saturday. How was plowing the parking lot not a focus. Someone forgot about the game.

Really bad.

I just wonder If the games were flipped this weekend with the Giants on Sat night and the Jets on Sunday if there would have been a greater focus at clearing the lots - rationally I say no.  But I can't help feeling that they were expecting a marginal turnout and were caught off guard by the rather large crowd considering the weather, team record and the time of year.

29 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I just wonder If the games were flipped this weekend with the Giants on Sat night and the Jets on Sunday if there would have been a greater focus at clearing the lots - rationally I say no.  But I can't help feeling that they were expecting a marginal turnout and were caught off guard by the rather large crowd considering the weather, team record and the time of year.

That's crap . If only two fans show up , all those parking lots should be cleaned . The NJSEA has certainly heard of www.theweatherchannel.com . This is another instance of how the Jets , as an organization , could give a rat's ass about the fans . Just pay for your seats and shut-up . And tweet a few pictures .

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

I can not remember having to shovel your own tailgating area before, ever. Security yelled at us when we were pulling in. He said where do you normally park, we showed him. He said that isn't plowed yet, you can't park there. I said okay, where should we park. He said on this site. 

Okay, no problem.

He starts yelling telling us we better listen, that he will check and kick us out. He was really nasty.

I said, I just need to know exactly where you want me to park. I don't care where it is. No reason that we should be getting yelled at. He realized he was over the line, and said yeah its just been a really long day.

I wanted to say (but didn't), yeah a really long day of not removing 2 inches of snow lol.

The best though was the lady taking the parking passes. I hand her three green passes. RV parking is $125. Each green pass counts as $35. She tells me I owe her another $30 in cash. I am like, yeah, no. I don't owe you $30. She added it up on a calculator. But I am like I am not giving you $30. Not sure why the prices would go up when the parking lot is open for less time.

Max, this is no dig against you.  Honestly.  But the thought of charging fans that much to park--RV or not--is shocking if not criminal.  This team and entire organization could go frig themselves sideways before I would ever pay them that exorbitant amount to park.  The sky high prices of everything from parking to beer is what caused folks in my age group to abandon going to games.  Especially when the product on the field does not merit the cost or when simple things like plowing the lots becomes more than these dopes can manage.  

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Max, this is no dig against you.  Honestly.  But the thought of charging fans that much to park--RV or not--is shocking if not criminal.  This team and entire organization could go frig themselves sideways before I would ever pay them that exorbitant amount to park.  The sky high prices of everything from parking to beer is what caused folks in my age group to abandon going to games.  Especially when the product on the field does not merit the cost or when simple things like plowing the lots becomes more than these dopes can manage.  

I honestly thought it was going to be $75. I didn't check until after I bought the RV lol.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I honestly thought it was going to be $75. I didn't check until after I bought the RV lol.

That bugs the crap out of me.  RVs and all those huge vehicles which were once staples of the tailgating experience are all but gone.  Just another way for teams and the NFL to remove more "personality" from the game day experience.  All for the ability to charge folks more money.  As someone who is still bringing some spirit to the tailgate through your RV, you deserve better than the team treats you.

20 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

That's crap . If only two fans show up , all those parking lots should be cleaned . The NJSEA has certainly heard of www.theweatherchannel.com . This is another instance of how the Jets , as an organization , could give a rat's ass about the fans . Just pay for your seats and shut-up . And tweet a few pictures .

I agree it was certainly crap. I'm just not certain where the blame lies. Is it the team's fault or is it incompetence on the NJSEA's part. 

5 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I agree it was certainly crap. I'm just not certain where the blame lies. Is it the team's fault or is it incompetence on the NJSEA's part. 

I don't think it was the team, but honestly I really don't know. I just can't see the Jets being in charge of this. Seems like it is on the stadium people.

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

That bugs the crap out of me.  RVs and all those huge vehicles which were once staples of the tailgating experience are all but gone.  Just another way for teams and the NFL to remove more "personality" from the game day experience.  All for the ability to charge folks more money.  As someone who is still bringing some spirit to the tailgate through your RV, you deserve better than the team treats you.

Thanks.

I agree, I know we have to pay more because we take up more room. But we are being charged for more room than we take up.

We are lumped in with the party buses that come in with 50 people. We make a mess that is equivalent to 4 people, because that is what we normally have. Oh well.

Just now, Maxman said:

I don't think it was the team, but honestly I really don't know. I just can't see the Jets being in charge of this. Seems like it is on the stadium people.

I have to think someone from the Jets organization is responsible for the contract/contact with the stadium crew. Like you said though I have no idea what the gameday procedures are from both sides. The stadium itself appeared to be clear of snow/ice but the lots  were a disaster.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

It's definitely NJSEA . We once emailed them about port-o-sans that were in the wrong place and before the next game , they were moved .

19 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

After reading all of the above.... I feel very satisfied with my decision to attend a client Christmas party. I asked that the game be out on the house TV.  It was.... but replaced by college football.   I didn't miss much. 

That's because you're not a FAN .

31 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

After reading all of the above.... I feel very satisfied with my decision to attend a client Christmas party. I asked that the game be out on the house TV.  It was.... but replaced by college football.   I didn't miss much. 

Smart man.  My dumbass actually went to the game.

On 12/18/2016 at 11:07 AM, OH THE PAIN said:

Because you're not a true fan. ?

13 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Question is who is going New Years Day?  Have not missed a home game since 2002, and it may be time to break the streak. 

I'll probably go but may get there more like 10 am.  All depends on the weather.  Since 1998 I've only missed 2 games when I had leg surgery in 2012.  The advanced forecast shows rain and snow again on New Years Day.

38 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Question is who is going New Years Day?  Have not missed a home game since 2002, and it may be time to break the streak. 

This is a tough one. I don't drink, so I feel like I am at a competitve advantage for this game. Because everyone else will be drinking on New Years Eve. I should just work for uBer that day and drive everyone in haha.

Go though, you won't want to miss Rex's last game as a head coach in the NFL.

Archived