If Petty Proves to be the Real Deal... Then what?

JetBlue

Dak Prescott says hello. We took Hack with a second rounder. Let's see what he can do next year. 

Oh I can't wait, considering he's currently behind Bilal Powell on the QB depth chart. Maybe Hack will graduate to putting pads on next year. Hopefully he remembers how.

As for Dak....again do I need to list the hundreds that suck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I'm going by odds. 4th round QB's rarely amount to anything. Yes Russell Wilson and Tom Brady are nice stories. Meanwhile behind them is a massive heap of bodies of late round QB's that don't make it. Bryce Petty is your typical Case Keenum, Jay Feely, Bryan Hoyer, never ending list of guys that never amount to more than solid backups. I'm confident saying that because every ounce of historical evidence proves it. You wanna throw the next 2 years on a roulette wheel 0 bet by all means that's your prerogative. Personally given that we haven't had a franchise QB in 50 years I'd like this team to start investing in serious prospects instead of scratch off tickets.

I'd rather go by giving the kid a shot and seeing what abilities and talents he has and can develop instead of going by odds. He may not end up being be a Brady or Peyton but I got to see what he's got before I write him off. Right now he has an O-Line that's not giving him good protection. But that's the game. One things for sure he can take a good hit.

I'd rather go by giving the kid a shot and seeing what abilities and talents he has and can develop instead of going by odds. He may not end up being be a Brady or Peyton but I got to see what he's got before I write him off. Right now he has an O-Line that's not giving him good protection. But that's the game. One things for sure he can take a good hit.

Bowles should have benched Fitz much earlier than he did. Maccagnan should never have signed him in the first place.
I was perfectly fine with starting Geno to start the season and using Fitzie's money to shore up other positions.
Bowles is a Parcells disciple and hates playing younger players.
Did any of the Jets brain trust look at our schedule and think they were going 12-4?
By week 15 we would have confirmed that Geno sucks, and had a better look at the young players and determine our course of action going forward.
Now because of a stubborn HC, we go into the off season wondering if Petty can be a game manager we can build around or if he is in fact the next Brooks Bollinger.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 12/16/2016 at 2:31 PM, LionelRichie said:

2 things the Jets shouldn't do: 

1-  draft a TE in rd 1 

2- draft a QB in rd 2  

I understand that there is no correlation to what's happened over the past 25 years but sometimes you just can't fight city hall.   

I have been waiting for years for them to take ann edge rusher in round one.

On 12/17/2016 at 4:55 PM, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think regardless of how good or bad Petty plays nothing is going to be secure. 4 games is simply not enough time to get a perfect read on a guy. Especially with a second round pick sitting on your bench. The Jets are definitely going to give a Hack a chance to win the starting job.

I will go on record as saying that if Petty wins his last two (unlikely---plus, he may not even play the games) the Jets might breathe a sigh of relief that they are assured a backup QB of the future--at least.  Beyond that?  Bowles should have done this at the 9 game mark, instead of crossing his fingers and hoping--his second half of the season game plan.

On 17/12/2016 at 9:57 AM, Snell41 said:

This is mind blowing. Please let this sink in-Petty sucks. If it's not clear as day to you that he's completely outclassed out there I don't know what to tell you. The guy's ceiling is Case Keenum. As for Hack...he can't even dress, with 3 of the worst QB's in the league ahead of him and a RB on the depth chart...and he can't even dress. He's not even good enough to put a uniform on. If Petty and Fitz get injured we have a better chance seeing Bilal Powell at QB over him.

We do not have a QB on this team. None. If we don't draft a QB waiting on these 2 schlubs to prove something you might as well throw away the next 4-5 years.

I just don't get it....Did u see Petty get destroyed on Saturday.  What did u expect from him on his second start when he had no support from his offensive line.  I watched the Dallas game last night and Dak really got lucky.  He has forever and ever to throw and on top of that he has a top flight tight end in Jason Witton and a great wide receiver.  Ezekiel Elliot is no slouch in pass protection either and can rush/catch.  What do u think petty could do with that time and offense.  We 150% need to upgrade the offensive line and get a viable TE.  We don't need to waste a pick on a qb that could turn into a complete bust ....See the real deal Jared Goff. 

4 minutes ago, August said:

Anybody will look good if you give them all the time in the world to stand in the pocket, survey the field and make throws. I want to see how my QB performs in not so ideal situations. 

Yes true but that said qb should have some situations that allow him to grow his confidence and develop.  That won't happen being on his back or on ir or not getting chemistry with his team

2 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

Yes true but that said qb should have some situations that allow him to grow his confidence and develop.  That won't happen being on his back or on ir or not getting chemistry with his team

Or not all his problems are attributed to the oline. He held the ball too long at times. Keep in mind that these are young guys on the line getting their first extended look of the season so there would be expected struggles. 

20 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Oh I can't wait, considering he's currently behind Bilal Powell on the QB depth chart. Maybe Hack will graduate to putting pads on next year. Hopefully he remembers how.

As for Dak....again do I need to list the hundreds that suck?

You only need to be right once.... 

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

They should still draft a QB with a 1-3 pick and sign a veteran.

BS...not again.

We did that sh*t this year, and all it got was Petty and Hack no reps...and Petty hurt for half the season.

As soon as Fitz was signed, Geno should have been shown the door...or, Fitz should not have been signed in the first place.  Keeping 4 QBs was asinine this year and would be even worse next year.

MAKE. A. CHOICE.

If you sign a vet, and draft another QB, then by all means sh*tcan Petty if that's your choice...for everyone's sake.

Honestly, if you have 4 QB's on your roster then in reality you have none.  There ain't enough time, reps, PS games and practice to develop anyone and you're constantly f*cking with peoples heads.

14 hours ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Bowles should have benched Fitz much earlier than he did. Maccagnan should never have signed him in the first place.
I was perfectly fine with starting Geno to start the season and using Fitzie's money to shore up other positions.
Bowles is a Parcells disciple and hates playing younger players.
Did any of the Jets brain trust look at our schedule and think they were going 12-4?
By week 15 we would have confirmed that Geno sucks, and had a better look at the young players and determine our course of action going forward.
Now because of a stubborn HC, we go into the off season wondering if Petty can be a game manager we can build around or if he is in fact the next Brooks Bollinger.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agree with 100%.  Been saying since we before we signed the bearded wonder. Jets Braintrust totally blew it this year.

Remember when the Seahawks paid all that money for Matt Flynn but then benched him for Wilson?  How did that work out?

I honestly believe that the Jets are in incapable of doing something like that.  I believe that either directly or indirectly, Woody makes them play and keep signees and high draft picks.  Just my theory, but there is no other good explanation.  

Woody made Macc sign Fitz and Mo.  Those were not Macc's fault 

Woody also sat in the draft room and made them reach for need.  

Just my theory.   

Archived