The draft is stacked at RB and we need one

Pointdexter

I know you guys are having fun - but I thought I would try to get back OT if that's ok.

I read someplace that Fournette has the exact same size/speed/strength as Bo Jackson and that he is the best RB since Adrian Petereson. If that is the case I would love for the Jets to pick him. If the Jets pick Watson you wont see me posting here as a Jets fan any longer.

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

We need linemen more than we need running backs. There's no point of getting a running back with the offense of line that we have unless it's reincarnated Barry Sanders.    

Problem is this draft has no OL until at the very least 15. If Fournette is really a stud you take him. There are tons of edge rushers, lots of CB's and RB's. But only one potential RB stud.

17 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Problem is this draft has no OL until at the very least 15. If Fournette is really a stud you take him. There are tons of edge rushers, lots of CB's and RB's. But only one potential RB stud.

I actually like Cook better. I think he's a better all around player but I'd rather get the best oline and pick up a back later. 

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I actually like Cook better. I think he's a better all around player but I'd rather get the best oline and pick up a back later. 

I agree but only if they can trade down. We really need a LT. The interior line has actually been good and I wouldn't want to wast a high pick on a G or C anyway. RT may be here now or you can get one later in the draft. We will see how Shell looks tonight - but I thought he looked very good last week albeit against the 49ers. As far as Cook goes, I want to see what he weighs in at. I do like him too though. I certainly understand the concerns with Fournette. I want to see his combine numbers. I certainly do not want the next Cedric Benson.

7 hours ago, Larz said:

as parcells says, "they all look the same with nowhere to run"

build the o-line first

Clady did not replace Brick, and Mangold may be done. Elliott is having a monster year because Dallas has beefed up their OL at every opportunity. Absent a can't miss QB( a pipe dream with 4 wins), LT should be priority #1. 

45 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I know you guys are having fun - but I thought I would try to get back OT if that's ok.

I read someplace that Fournette has the exact same size/speed/strength as Bo Jackson and that he is the best RB since Adrian Petereson. If that is the case I would love for the Jets to pick him. If the Jets pick Watson you wont see me posting here as a Jets fan any longer.

I was having fun. I'm not going to lie. 

14 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Anyone remember the wr draft that we passed on multiple #1's for Jalen Saunders and the kid from UCLA? That draft did give us Enunwa.

This year the strength is at the RB position and we should be smart enough to grab one of them.

Top guy is Dalvin Cook. By far he's the most explosive,  can run btw tackles, and is versatile in passing game. After that is Fournette and they're both top 15 guys. Perine, Pumphery, McCaffrey, Foreman, Freeman, Gallman, Chubb could all be taken in the first 2 rounds as well.

A dream draft would be Watson in rd 1 and McCaffrey in round 2. Add some FA OL and we would be in business.  Just a dream though bc I'm sure in actuality we'll go Dline and CB with our first 2 picks. Afterall, we're the Jets. ;)

You've started two topics about drafting prospects. Is there a reason why you feel these topics don't belong in the draft forum? Just asking cause this place is a wasteland. 

15 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Anyone remember the wr draft that we passed on multiple #1's for Jalen Saunders and the kid from UCLA? That draft did give us Enunwa.

This year the strength is at the RB position and we should be smart enough to grab one of them.

Top guy is Dalvin Cook. By far he's the most explosive,  can run btw tackles, and is versatile in passing game. After that is Fournette and they're both top 15 guys. Perine, Pumphery, McCaffrey, Foreman, Freeman, Gallman, Chubb could all be taken in the first 2 rounds as well.

A dream draft would be Watson in rd 1 and McCaffrey in round 2. Add some FA OL and we would be in business.  Just a dream though bc I'm sure in actuality we'll go Dline and CB with our first 2 picks. Afterall, we're the Jets. ;)

We're going DT the first two rounds. Then a kicker after we trade up into the 2nd. 

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Just SU with this stupid nonsense about Mac.  This stuff is getting old.

Yes lets get bright and new and find new ways to get utterly embarrassed on national tv by getting blown out by sub par teams like the fish.     

10 hours ago, RSJ said:

You can get a running back that can start day one in rounds three and beyond. First round pick needs to be a dominant offensive lineman, a dominant pass rusher, or a shut down corner. 

Archived