"He's not an NFL Quarterback. It's just that simple"

Paradis

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

If nothing means not playing in 2016, that is what mcc said (to the media and hack) since the day they picked him..

which is not OK when you're talking about a top 50 pick with a sh*tty college resume. You wanna do circles here pal? Let me install a 2-way LSD. 

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Sh*t, I might be Hackenberg's biggest fan on this entire forum and I'm salivating at the idea of possibly having a high draft pick if he fails and we suck again in 2017.  Not saying that I want us to fail, just that all the big names excite me next year. 

Ideally though, I hope he finally is the guy.

And you know what, as a jets fan -- we should all be banging the table on the hope that he does develop into something. Only short sighted low brow fools should be calling for his release/head... 

I feel like there's not enough recognition that the Christian Hackenburg the player and his future -- is independent of the frustration aimed at management for taking him where they did. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

which is not OK when you're talking about a top 50 pick with a sh*tty college resume. You wanna do circles here pal? Let me install a 2-way LSD. 

To YOU. When YOU become the GM then you can institute your plan.  

Never knew we were pals. Sorry I forgot your Xmas gift  

"I think quarterbacks are probably one of the harder positions to transition into in the NFL. I know there's always a desire and feel to have them go out there and play right away. The reality of it is, though, it's going to be determined by how he does. And I think my personal opinion is we'll see where he's at and how he is in terms of assimilating to our offense and our system. But like I said, I think it's a natural maturation process."

56 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Easy there big fellow, we got ASJ locked up for next season  .  That should make you feel better .  I get your frustration, but you have to admit, if the GM was willing to hitch his wagon to this player knowing what folks thought. then he knew what he would be hearing . 

You gotta admit, taking Hackenberg with that pick and stashing him calls for some brass "sand" .  

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

To YOU. When YOU become the GM then you can institute your plan.  

Never knew we were pals. Sorry I forgot your Xmas gift  

Yes, the league is overflowing with GMs who redshirt their 2nd round broken college passion projects. Clearly.

I'm wayyyyy out in left field, and you have a better handle on what's sage and prudent drafting in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Yes, the league is overflowing with GMs who redshirt their 2nd round broken college passion projects. Clearly.

I'm wayyyyy out in left field, and you have a better handle on what's sage and prudent drafting in the NFL. 

Nah, you're just pissed because he passed on your boy Lynch for a player you think have no chance at succeeding . Oh but when he does, I know Paradis will be his biggest cheer leader . It's that passion that makes you the fan you are . Just don't take it so personal .

Just now, Tinstar said:

Nah, you're just pissed because he passed on your boy Lynch for a player you think have no chance at succeeding . Oh but when he does, I know Paradis will be his biggest cheer leader . It's that passion that makes you the fan you are . Just don't take it so personal .

that's totally wrong, and honestly, really deflating that you don't understand. I'd give up spanking my meat for year (no more tho) for Hackenburg to be the guy. He might. Chances aren't great, but he might. 

The rest seems lost on some of you. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

that's totally wrong, and honestly, really deflating that you don't understand. I'd give up spanking my meat for year (no more tho) for Hackenburg to be the guy. He might. Chances aren't great, but he might. 

I know that Paradis  . It's what we all want  .  You just wouldn't have spent that pick on that player and you don't think our GM should have either . 

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I know that Paradis  . It's what we all want  .  You just wouldn't have spent that pick on that player and you don't think our GM should have either . 

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Paradis would give up spanking his meat for a decade if we sign Pettigrew in the offseason lol

19 hours ago, Paradis said:

And you know what, as a jets fan -- we should all be banging the table on the hope that he does develop into something. Only short sighted low brow fools should be calling for his release/head... 

I feel like there's not enough recognition that the Christian Hackenburg the player and his future -- is independent of the frustration aimed at management for taking him where they did. 

We all should and that's where my only frustration comes when discussing Hack.  There are too many people here who call themselves "fans" who basically make it seem like they WANT him to fail, just to say "I told you so".  I've said it you before, I don't lump you in that group, but there are some.

I've also stated a hundred times that I know I'm in the minority when I said I love Hackenberg and was okay with where we took him.  Hell, I've admitted that it was a reach move made to ensure we got him because I think another team would have taken our same gamble in the 3rd and I will always be ok with a move to get the QB you love (minus Tebow). 

Think of Hack as my ASJ lol.

On 12/27/2016 at 10:33 PM, bitonti said:

rotoworld hates the Jets but they are actually right about this. Christian Hackenberg stole his paychecks this year and hasn't contributed to this team in any way 

people talk about firing Bowles? Nothing Bowles has done is as bad as Mac's 2nd round picks. 

Every Jets GM has had problems with 2nd round picks. Let's go down memory lane Mark Merrill, Reggie Rembert, Dorian Boose, Stephen Hill, Kellen Clements, Justin Miller, Rick Terry Alex Van Dyke, Marion Barber, Lester Lyles, Alex Gordon and David Williams who didn't even make it out of training camp. There are so many more. So really can't beat up on Macc its the Jets legacy.

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

We all should and that's where my only frustration comes when discussing Hack.  There are too many people here who call themselves "fans" who basically make it seem like they WANT him to fail, just to say "I told you so".  I've said it you before, I don't lump you in that group, but there are some.

I've also stated a hundred times that I know I'm in the minority when I said I love Hackenberg and was okay with where we took him.  Hell, I've admitted that it was a reach move made to ensure we got him because I think another team would have taken our same gamble in the 3rd and I will always be ok with a move to get the QB you love (minus Tebow). 

Think of Hack as my ASJ lol.

Tebow might be a huge upgrade to Hackenberg. I think Hackenberg psyche is shot and it got worst when the same coach he had issues with get's a new QB and they are top 10 team again. Ouch! The one guy I didn't want in the draft the Jets took. Hack couldn't adapt to Franklins offense so how is he gonna adapt to one in a year or so when Bowles is bounced out of here? I would draft another QB this year but no way wil I have 4 QB. Sign a veteran and let Petty and Hack fight it out in training camp. The one that loses hits the street. Its time to stop babying these prima donnas.

Archived