Connnor Cook

Esquire

Looks like we are going to find out if this guy is any good when he starts for the Raiders in the wild card game next week.  I really wanted this guy for the Jets late in the draft and I thought the Raiders stole him with the number 100 pick.  He fell in the draft not because of his talent but because his father is supposedly a real outspoken A-hole.  

In any event we will see if he can play.  Basically his first start is a playoff game.

1 hour ago, Esquire said:

Looks like we are going to find out if this guy is any good when he starts for the Raiders in the wild card game next week.  I really wanted this guy for the Jets late in the draft and I thought the Raiders stole him with the number 100 pick.  He fell in the draft not because of his talent but because his father is supposedly a real outspoken A-hole.  

In any event we will see if he can play.  Basically his first start is a playoff game.

No, he fell in the draft because he's an a$$hole.

1 hour ago, Esquire said:

He is way better than Hackenberg. Taking Hackenberg so early was a drastic mistake by our GM. 

He finished up yesterday 14-21 with 1 TD and 1 INT.

Got a lot of help from Cooper on the TD and the INT was just an ugly overthrown pass, right to a DB.

That being said, I thought he was one of the most pro-ready QB's in the draft and wanted him in round 1.

After reading about his dad's Twitter feed, I kind of understood why teams backed away.

7 hours ago, Esquire said:

I also wanted this kid for the Jets. He won some huge games in college and would have been a better pick than the bum we have now. This blows away all that let Hack hold a clipboard nonsense. Cook is playing/starting in a huge playoff game but Hack can't see garbage time (which has been all year). I'll be rooting for Cook this weekend for sure.

5 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

I don't think we should be drawling any conclusions from his first NFL start, good or bad

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I say its all good. Granted he got in due to injuries but what matters is that he is not only playing but will be playing a playoff game. Our piece of crap can't even get in a blow out game.

2 minutes ago, Harlemnite1 said:

I also wanted this kid for the Jets. He won some huge games in college and would have been a better pick than the bum we have now. This blows away all that let Hack hold a clipboard nonsense. Cook is playing/starting in a huge playoff game but Hack can't see garbage time (which has been all year). I'll be rooting for Cook this weekend for sure.

Jmo In time Connor Cook going to be pretty good starting NFL Qb.( like the kids makeup + his ability ).    If he has to start the playoff game ( rookie making his first NFL start) , the Raiders have no shot of advancing.    Simple he isn't ready / experienced enough to deal with playoff caliber defense yet.       IF Derek Carr was thrown into the same situation, he wouldn't  faired any better.( only way you get experience is by playing the game)

The only thing positive about yesterday . The Broncos have by far the best pass defense in the NFL.   ( so as good as playoff defenses are , they won't face a pass defense as good as the Bronco's).

The Raiders most likely aren't going anywhere this year( after Carr injury), so give Connor Cook( will be the Raiders  backup Qb next) actually game experience.( let him start knowing the chances aren't great of them advancing by doing so).

The biggest thing Raiders must do in offseason . 1. Find an experience DC - to call the defense( tough trying to break in inexperience DC- Ken Norton Jr) .  Inexcusable to play that bad on defense, against an inept Denver offense.     Knowing The Raiders Qb situation, that was the game for the Raiders defense to rise up, and they Put the offense in tough situation.( playing from behind on the rad) 2.  Figure out the defense you want to play. you can't have two diffrent philosophies .  Ken Norton wants to play like Seattle defense, and Delrio prefers diffrent kind of defense- you add personnel that aren't a good mix with each other.

Case in point Sean Smith- to be effective. he needs to be playing man to man, and being physical at the line of scrimmage.   ( D Amerson Similiar style) They can't be playing off coverage, as that isn't their strength.   Both need a FS with way more speed than Reggie Nelson provides). 

Archived