Despite the Ugly Rumor Jets Still In Glennon Hunt!!!!!

Charlie Brown

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

Wrong...

players like Glennon are getting paid because guys like Osweiler are below average setting the QB market at $72 mill contracts. Cutler, Sam Bradford..etc..etc even flacco,although he won a ring so he kind of had a reason to get paid

Glennon is the most unproven out of those QB's sooo idk how you can say he was good..he was average at best

You just proved what I am saying....

Osweiler is getting 18mil and had a much smaller sample size of work when he got paid. This is a QB driven league, teams will overpay for QBs. Mike Glennon can/will get around 15 million a year. Simple as that. Not saying its a good/bad idea, just pointing out that 15 million is right around where he should be salary wise.

Ok fine, if he was even average at best. What do you think an average starting NFL QB gets paid.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

My understanding is that Mark Sanchez would be amenable to returning to the Jets as a veteran mentor for Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, but the team hasn't shown serious interest.

SAR may have just pleasured himself.

1 hour ago, ATX Jetsfan said:

Your opinion of him is irrelevant. Facts are facts. Players with that resume are going to get paid. I am not advocating signing him, just pointing out that 15 million is not too high for a player like him in this league. The Buccs were a very bad team those years, they had a chance to take a Jameis Winston. They had a good QB, and they decided to go for it and draft a potential great QB. So they took it. 

5-13 and he put up 4000 yards and didn't turn over the ball. That should tell you more about the team than his level of play. 

Those are facts friend not opinions. If his level of play was so great why didn't that level of play elevate the team? You know why? Because the outcome of the game was already decided. Amassing stats in that game environment is called garbage time stats. The guy was 5-13. Yet you say it was everyone else fault but his. You are ignoring facts and stating YOUR opinion as fact. The Bucs were bad no doubt but they chose to sit Glennon and start a scrub like McCown over him. Why did they do that if he was so good? You have to be kidding me here bro. McCown is not a good QB. Yet they sat Glennon and started him. Why?

Sure he will get paid but basing it on his "stats" are just plain silly. Time will tell but I'll bet that Glennon is on the bench after next season and whoever signs him will have a chance to draft another "potential" great one.

14 minutes ago, ATX Jetsfan said:

You just proved what I am saying....

Osweiler is getting 18mil and had a much smaller sample size of work when he got paid. This is a QB driven league, teams will overpay for QBs. Mike Glennon can/will get around 15 million a year. Simple as that. Not saying its a good/bad idea, just pointing out that 15 million is right around where he should be salary wise.

Ok fine, if he was even average at best. What do you think an average starting NFL QB gets paid.

Well..

1) although it was a small sample size, osweiler looked wayyyy better last season in those games than he did all year this season.

he wasn't average at the time he signed with Houston, he was a QB who led his team to the super bowl and got benched for an all time great to retire winning the big game. He had leverage cause he actually played good enough to earn a good contract. Houston was just the team desperate enough to find a quality starter better than hoyer that they got duped big time.

2) glennon has never had half a season as good as osweiler had last year, he was already known to be average at best with a much bigger sample size

So to answer your question I would give glennon no more than $12 mill a year...

18 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I'm not suggesting I want to pay him crazy money, but IMO having watched both Osweiller and Glennon play, I have always thought a Glennon is much better than Osweiller. To me, Osweillers upside is a game manager, and Glennons upside is a 2nd tier starting QB.

I agree with this.

12 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

If they do not snag Glennon, don't be shocked if the Jets make a draft day deal for AJ McCarron -- giving up way too much in the process.  It is the most Jetsy move possible.  They tear down the rest of the team but still will not go with either of the kids at QB.

I would rather start Hack for 16 games than play McCarron.

Just now, DetroitRed said:

Bears made the right call signing Glennon. He is lowest paid starting QB in the NFL , who is not on a rookie contract. (14.5 mil)

Not giving him that contract, a year after signing Fitz for $13, makes us look really stupid

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not signing glennon is one of the few smart things our terrible gm has done.

Please shut down all glennon threads moving forward.  No need to mention this scrubs name anymore.

6 hours ago, thadude said:

3 Qb's whose careers started in Tampa and they went on to win a Super Bowl with different teams:

1. Steve Young

2. Doug Williams 

3. Trent Dilfer

Glennon could be #4 but Mac is a P-SSY

LOL. Now he is gonna win a Super Bowl? Just so you know the Bears are still going to draft a QB even after signing Mike"Super Bowl"Glennon. Maybe he will be the league's highest paid back-up after all.

53 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Please shut down all glennon threads moving forward.  No need to mention this scrubs name anymore.

Do you really think that will happen? You know no matter how he plays in Chicago there will be a thread about Glennon. His every move will be analyzed by posters, whether he blows in Chicago or he plays great. I would expect more Glennon threads, especially once the season stars. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not signing Glennon is going to get our terrible GM fired next January 

23 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Interesting. Wonder what Mac's is thinking. Does he go with the young guys, draft a QB? 

I imagine there will be a veteran signed.  I imagine that the veteran will start the season.  I imagine that Hack will take over mid-season.  I imagine that Petty will take over from Hack by the end of the season.  I imagine that Darnold or Rosen will be a Jet.

24 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Interesting. Wonder what Mac's is thinking. Does he go with the young guys, draft a QB? 

He's going to go after Romo or Cutler

So forget about Darnold but at least Bowles and Mac are both fired after next season

Just now, gEYno said:

I imagine there will be a veteran signed.  I imagine that the veteran will start the season.  I imagine that Hack will take over mid-season.  I imagine that Petty will take over from Hack by the end of the season.  I imagine that Darnold or Rosen will be a Jet.

I imagine we go 4-12 and miss out on both Darnold and Rosen

28 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Do you really think that will happen? You know no matter how he plays in Chicago there will be a thread about Glennon. His every move will be analyzed by posters, whether he blows in Chicago or he plays great. I would expect more Glennon threads, especially once the season stars. 

Why not?

His deal isn't even close to what Osweiler got.  

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

I imagine we go 4-12 and miss out on both Darnold and Rosen

Unlikely, unless there's any truth to the Jay Cutler rumors.

This team, as currently constructed, will be lucky to score 4 TDs, let alone win 4 games.

Why not?

His deal isn't even close to what Osweiler got.  

Because there are posters who wanted to sign Glennon and others who wanted nothing to do with him. You don't think if he plays  well people won't  be saying we should have signed him or if he sucks there will be the good thing we didn't sign Glennon threads. I was for signing Glennon but he is not a Jet so that's the end of it for me. It has nothing to do with money.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Unlikely, unless there's any truth to the Jay Cutler rumors.

This team, as currently constructed, will be lucky to score 4 TDs, let alone win 4 games.

We're not even the worst roster in the NFL 

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Because there are posters who wanted to sign Glennon and others who wanted nothing to do with him. You don't think if he plays  well people won't  be saying we should have signed him or if he sucks there will be the good thing we didn't sign Glennon threads. I was for signing Glennon but he is not a Jet so that's the end of it for me. It has nothing to do with money.

This is going to be the next "Wes Welker? seriously?" Thread

"Mike Glennon?Seriously?"

What are you trying to argue? If Glennon comes out and throws for 350 yards and 3TD's, you don't think someone will start a thread pointing that out, or if he throws 4 picks someone wont point that out? 

6 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

What are you trying to argue? If Glennon comes out and throws for 350 yards and 3TD's, you don't think someone will start a thread pointing that out, or if he throws 4 picks someone wont point that out? 

If Glennon is good next year get ready for the litany of "he wouldn't have been good here" nonsense

I for one will have no problem with saying we should have gotten Glennon if he ends up being a top ten QB!!!!

And I will be more than willing to be hypocritically silent should he suck!!! :) 

Hey I'm a fan I'm entitled to being an idiot!!!!

Archived