QB Colin Kaepernick

Rey

13 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Once they break the monopoly that directv has on showing out of market games then viewing will go up.   Plus Kaepernick was a BIG reason viewership was down.  Liberals do not watch football, they watch scripted programs.  Moderates and Conservatives watch sports and that did have an impact because the league didn't stop the disrespect to our Flag and national anthem.   

You don't know a lot of people, huh?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to know the % of prime time games that players knelt, cause I'm pretty sure the dolphins and 49ers were not involved in many. Feel free to make up the % like SAR I has done above with no evidence or support.

If you are not watching a football game cause a player from another team you do not root for is kneeling, you are a pathetic individual.

2 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

I would love to know the % of prime time games that players knelt, cause I'm pretty sure the dolphins and 49ers were not involved in many. Feel free to make up the % like SAR I has done above with no evidence or support.

If you are not watching a football game cause a player from another team you do not root for is kneeling, you are a pathetic individual.

Your a pathetic individual because you believe many things in life are more important then prime time football?  Really?

Just now, flgreen said:

Your a pathetic individual because you believe many things in life are more important then prime time football?  Really?

So you let one individual on a field of 100+ dictate what media you consume, when it has little to no effect on what you are watching?

That is like saying if you don't agree with me, then you should find another message board to bitch about Colin Kapernick on. Please do.

So you let one individual on a field of 100+ dictate what media you consume, when it has little to no effect on what you are watching?

That is like saying if you don't agree with me, then you should find another message board to bitch about Colin Kapernick on. Please do.

LOL

Funny shyt from a poster with 19 posts

My political views are about as diametrically opposed to Kapernick's as possible.

But if he could play, would offer to pick him up at Newark. He would be our incoherent BLM moron SUPERSTAR QB. 

Billy Martin was often quoted that he would readily start an outfield of Hitler, Stalin and Mao if they could hit. 

Alas, he sucks. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

My political views are about as diametrically opposed to Kapernick's as possible.

But if he could play, would offer to pick him up at Newark. He would be our incoherent BLM moron SUPERSTAR QB. 

Billy Martin was often quoted that he would readily start an outfield of Hitler, Stalin and Mao if they could hit. 

Alas, he sucks. 

THIS!

This man has the right attitude. 

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Alas, he sucks. 

Patriots players protested. I would love to find a quote or interview from a Patriot fan saying he missed the Superbowl because of those protests.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Have no idea what % of the down swing is on Kaepernick, but I personally know quite a few fans, who at least claim, they are not watching the NFL right now because of Kaepernick's, and other players, kneeling antics.

Dolphins had their first playoff year in a long time, they also had 4 players who were kneeling.  I know several Fish fans who just stopped watching, during an exciting season for the Fish because of the kneeling.  Certainly proves nothing except that some fans are in fact taking great exception to the behavior.   

This.

Why is it hard for some to believe that the very passions that drive BLM protestors to congregate in groups of hundreds of thousands across the country wouldn't drive anti-BLM citizens to stop participating as NFL fans in the hundreds of thousands on football Sunday's?  You know, only 8 teams each year have an actual shot at winning it all.  Fans of the other 24 teams tune in only because they appreciate the effort of their players and the loyalty they show to their fans.  The BLM kneel was a slap in the face.

You've got a country that lived through this Al Sharpton Tawana Brawley nonsense once before.  Kaepernick wants to bring that crap to our  weekend entertainment?  Bye-bye.  At least enough of a percentage to make a dent in advertising revenue.  We've been heard.  Kaepernick's career is the sacrifice.  I hope he's happy.

SAR I

1 hour ago, mtwarlock31 said:

If Drake started talking about how much he hates white people during his concerts, he'd quickly find out that he offended 80% of his arena audience base and is on track to lose about 30% of his revenue from fans who wouldn't stand for it.  Drake's black, but his concert-going fans are overwhelmingly white.

Dig the analogy?

SAR I

Yes.  Why is that so hard to understand.

I hate Bette Midler.  Hate her.  So if she's in a dozen movies over a decade starring with 100s of actors and writers I admire, doesn't matter, I'm not watching them.  I hate Bette Midler.

As a fan of one of 24 teams that never has a shot to win a Championship each year, I have the ability to watch about 80 non-Jets games each year on the various networks.  Whenever there is a game on a Monday or Thursday, I'm usually excited to tune in.  Doesn't affect the Jets, nothing else on, I love the NFL.  But if a player I don't like is playing?  I'm not watching.  Used to be it was guys like Dan Marino I couldn't watch, he beat my team too many times.  Sometimes it was Brian Bozworth, some blowhard self-promoter.  Richard Sherman, I thought he was rude.  Now it's people like Colin Kaepernick who is a multi-millionaire because of my money and decides to shove his racist morals down my throat, disrespecting a sport I love.

You dig?

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Drake started talking about how much he hates white people during his concerts, he'd quickly find out that he offended 80% of his arena audience base and is on track to lose about 30% of his revenue from fans who wouldn't stand for it.  Drake's black, but his concert-going fans are overwhelmingly white.

Dig the analogy?

SAR I

No, because people come to see ONLY Drake. No one goes to an NFL game to watch 1 player, particularity a QB that just went 2-14.

Only a few less than Colin's Ws in the NFL. Can't wait to tie his record. Maybe readership on this site will drop 30%.

Why do you think it is that corporations void contracts with productive jocks when they do something stupid?  Is it because CEO's have high moral standards?  LOL

Or perhaps they know that 1000's of consumers will boycott, and stop buying their product because they were offended by what their representative did.

1 minute ago, mtwarlock31 said:

No, because people come to see ONLY Drake. No one goes to an NFL game to watch 1 player, particularity a QB that just went 2-14.

Like a lot of things, it's going over your head.

Loyal Jets fans wouldn't miss a Jets game no matter who was playing.  It's our team.

But loyal Jets fans can watch 15 other NFL games each week that mean absolutely nothing to our playoff standings simply as discretionary entertainment.  That's what's costing the NFL money.  It's not diehard Broncos fans missing Broncos games.  It's diehard Bears fans missing Broncos games because they don't want to watch Player X and his 5 million dollar salary and Ferrari collection protest so-called police oppression caused by ex-con's resisting arrest.

You diggin' this bro?

SAR I

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Why do you think it is that corporations void contracts with productive jocks when they do something stupid?  Is it because CEO's have high moral standards?  LOL

Or perhaps they know that 1000's of consumers will boycott, and stop buying their product because they were offended by what their representative did.

I'm not denying (or agreeing with what he did) that viewership may have had a decline because of him. But to say 30% of the viewership was the cause of Colin Kapernick is absurd. There were so many other factors involved (Presidential election, bad calls, constant ads and commercials). 

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Loyal Jets fans wouldn't miss a Jets game no matter who was playing.  It's our team.

But loyal Jets fans can watch 15 other NFL games each week that mean absolutely nothing to our playoff standings simply as discretionary entertainment.  That's what's costing the NFL money.  It's not diehard Broncos fans missing Broncos games.  It's diehard Bears fans missing Broncos games because they don't want to watch Player X and his 5 million dollar salary and Ferrari collection protest so-called police oppression caused by ex-con's resisting arrest.

You diggin' this bro?

SAR I

No, it's going over your head. Why would Colin affect a Green Bay vs Minnesota game on Sunday night? Are you telling me because some clown in SF on a 2-14 team knelt caused significant viewership to decline for a Sunday night Dallas vs Giants game.

Patriots had players protesting, how come the Superbowl viewership didn't drop 30%?

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You diggin' this bro?

SAR I

The 49ers were 2-14. Why in the world would someone watch them if you are a non fan?!?! I'll tell you why, and it doesn't have to do with someone kneeling.

I'm not denying (or agreeing with what he did) that viewership may have had a decline because of him. But to say 30% of the viewership was the cause of Colin Kapernick is absurd. There were so many other factors involved (Presidential election, bad calls, constant ads and commercials). 

NFL advertising revenue this past year was $3.5 billion dollars and it was off double-digit to prior years. 

Even if Kaepernick's player protests only hurt the league by, say, a paltry 2% that's $70 million dollars.

The difference between CBS collecting 1.1 million for a TV commercial and 800K for a TV commercial is a viewership drop of a couple of percentage points.  Raiders fans watch Raiders games, they're not going to tune in to see Richard Sherman take a knee on a Thursday night when they could be bowling or watching Netflix.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

No, it's going over your head. Why would Colin effect a Green Bay vs Minnesota game on Sunday night? Are you telling me because some clown in SF on a 2-14 team knelt caused significant viewership to decline for a Sunday night Dallas vs Giants game.

Patriots had players protesting, how come the Superbowl viewership didn't drop 30%?

Actually the Super Bowl viewership did drop in spite of it being one of the more exciting SB games in recent memory.

"Fox Television's broadcast of Super Bowl LI on Sunday night drew 111.3 million viewers, according to Nielsen data released by the network on Monday, the smallest audience for the National Football League's title game in four years." 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nfl-superbowl-ratings-idUSKBN15L1L5

This was months after the elections

8 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

No, it's going over your head. Why would Colin affect a Green Bay vs Minnesota game on Sunday night? Are you telling me because some clown in SF on a 2-14 team knelt caused significant viewership to decline for a Sunday night Dallas vs Giants game.

[In your example] if 6 players on the Packers and Vikings were known protesters and I'm a Jets fan who is turned off by that behavior, I'm doing something else on that Sunday night rather than watching selfish, ungrateful players disrespect my sport and my flag.  I'm a Jets fan, the Vikings and Packers mean nothing to me, I don't have to watch.

Now, you can say that no way 100% of Jets fans would act that way or even 50%.  But even if it's only 10%, that's a significant loss of viewers for NBC in the country's biggest market and that is going to cost them millions of dollars.  10% of all potential NFL viewers in New York on a Sunday night in October is roughly equivalent to the entire city of Indianapolis going dark on NBC.  That's a big deal.

Dig it?

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

NFL advertising revenue this past year was $3.5 billion dollars and it was off double-digit to prior years. 

Even if Kaepernick's player protests only hurt the league by, say, a paltry 2% that's $70 million dollars.

The difference between CBS collecting 1.1 million for a TV commercial and 800K for a TV commercial is a viewership drop of a couple of percentage points.  Raiders fans watch Raiders games, they're not going to tune in to see Richard Sherman take a knee on a Thursday night when they could be bowling or watching Netflix.

SAR I

Can you please provide evidence of this 2% and 70million? I have yet to meet someone who stopped watching because of the protests. I'd prefer you can support this without your made up %s that you keep throwing around.

I no doubt agree that he caused a small drop of viewership, but to say it affected the whole league for an entire season is ludicrous. I also agree that no owner should give him a job, I certainly wouldn't. Who needs the headache with similar bums of his talent level currently on the market.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

[In your example] if 6 players on the Packers and Vikings were known protesters and I'm a Jets fan who is turned off by that behavior, I'm doing something else on that Sunday night rather than watching selfish, ungrateful players disrespect my sport and my flag.  I'm a Jets fan, the Vikings and Packers mean nothing to me, I don't have to watch.

Now, you can say that no way 100% of Jets fans would act that way or even 50%.  But even if it's only 10%, that's a significant loss of viewers for NBC in the country's biggest market and that is going to cost them millions of dollars.  10% of all potential NFL viewers in New York on a Sunday night in October is roughly equivalent to the entire city of Indianapolis going dark on NBC.  That's a big deal.

Dig it?

SAR I

Where do you get these percentages?

12 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

The 49ers were 2-14. Why in the world would someone watch them if you are a non fan?!?! I'll tell you why, and it doesn't have to do with someone kneeling.

Stop talking about the 49ers.  No one watches the 49ers except 49er fans.

Realize that if the average NFL fan watches 2.5 games a week he is spending more time watching non-favorite teams than he is his favorite team.  So if something happens to disrupt the casual, non-Jets games you and I watch each week and viewership comes crashing down that just kills the networks, the advertisers scream for refunds, and the NFL faces metrics of decreasing eyeballs which means they lose leverage in upcoming TV contract negotiations and might even have to settle for lower prices for the first time in league history.

Get your dad to the keyboard.  I'm tired of playing teacher to a kid.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Actually the Super Bowl viewership did drop in spite of it being one of the more exciting SB games in recent memory.

"Fox Television's broadcast of Super Bowl LI on Sunday night drew 111.3 million viewers, according to Nielsen data released by the network on Monday, the smallest audience for the National Football League's title game in four years." 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nfl-superbowl-ratings-idUSKBN15L1L5

This was months after the elections

I never said it wasn't down.

I have listed plenty of other reasons why viewership wasn't down, not related to protests and presidential elections. Feel free to take a look at my various posts and/or take a read through the credible sources I provided, unlike other people throwing out %s and #s for the sake of it.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stop talking about the 49ers.  No one watches the 49ers except 49er fans.

Realize that if the average NFL fan watches 2.5 games a week he is spending more time watching non-favorite teams than he is his favorite team.  So if something happens to disrupt the casual, non-Jets games you and I watch each week and viewership comes crashing down that just kills the networks, the advertisers scream for refunds, and the NFL faces metrics of decreasing eyeballs which means they lose leverage in upcoming TV contract negotiations and might even have to settle for lower prices for the first time in league history.

Get your dad to the keyboard.  I'm tired of playing teacher to a kid.

SAR I

Please name ONE GAME that you refused to watch this year that was in Prime time due to someone protesting. Please. 

I guarantee you watched the Opening game, as did the rest of America. No one turned it off when Brandon marshall knelt. In fact, they cheered when he got hurt.

Archived