QB Colin Kaepernick

Rey

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/12/2017 at 3:46 PM, T0mShane said:

Hello, my name is Vinny Giambattista from Staten Island. I'm 33 years old and move twenty units a month down at Bay Ridge Nissan. In my spare time I like to lift weights, eat pasta, and crush bitches. On game days, I wear a custom Jets jersey, number 69, with "Vinny Bats" printed on the back. I listen to some rap music while driving my Maxima to the gym, but I otherwise believe that the existence of the welfare state is to blame for my inability to afford a split ranch in Oyster Bay. Ironically, my dad (Vinny Sr.) has been on disability since '86. I'd trade three ones for Jimmy Garropolo and I'd have Colin Kaepernick thrown into Gitmo. 

Thumbs up on your post.  You might be the only person on this forum who is weirder than I am.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, mkajet01 said:

Kaepernik is sh*t! Traitor to Americans everywhere!now the hypocrite says he'll stand for national anthem so he can get another contract! There isn't a team in this league who wants that loser. I'm wondering how low your IQ is to even suggest this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

excellent point, no guarantee he doesn't pull the same crap after he is signed. And I don't think that would go over to well in the shadows of Manhatten.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, HighPitch said:

I agree the politics and sports thing sucks. Thats why u never even consider a foolish twit like kap. 

Kap is still an ass im my eyes, but 100 times better than the dog torturer we had at qb. He killed mans best friends and aucked at qb and this place defended his ass big time. It was sad to me to see such support for that bastard. I wish cancer upon him. 

u r an ass...be careful, ever hear of KARMA?

I dont get it.

Kap makes a political statement, (albeit a naive, uninformed, knee jerk reaction to media manipulations young people have always been known for)

and he is looked upon worse than the  woman beaters the NFL has been known to sweep under the rug.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

I dont get it.

Kap makes a political statement, (albeit a naive, uninformed, knee jerk reaction to media manipulations young people have always been known for)

and he is looked upon worse than the  woman beaters the NFL has been known to sweep under the rug.

Let me clarify:

Players are human, they have personal issues just like we do.  Wife beating, drug abuse, petty crime, assault, dog fighting, weapons possession, DUI, it's all terrible but it's a personal problem, it affects one individual.  That's very different than someone getting up to a microphone and making a political spectacle out of himself in an attempt to influence millions of people with his own personal opinion and selfish agenda.

Michael Vick didn't put on dog socks, schedule press conferences, and lead a movement to bark during the national anthem trying to convince millions of NFL fans that dog fighting should be legalized.  What he did was awful and illegal, but he wasn't trying to use our Sunday entertainment as a way to shove it down our throats.  Our athletes are allowed to be flawed.  What they are not allowed to do is try to use our sport to preach their values.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let me clarify:

Players are human, they have personal issues just like we do.  Wife beating, drug abuse, petty crime, assault, dog fighting, weapons possession, DUI, it's all terrible but it's a personal problem, it affects one individual.  That's very different than someone getting up to a microphone and making a political spectacle out of himself in an attempt to influence millions of people with his own personal opinion and selfish agenda.

Michael Vick didn't put on dog socks, schedule press conferences, and lead a movement to bark during the national anthem trying to convince millions of NFL fans that dog fighting should be legalized.  What he did was awful and illegal, but he wasn't trying to use our Sunday entertainment as a way to shove it down our throats.  Our athletes are allowed to be flawed.  What they are not allowed to do is try to use our sport to preach their values.

SAR I

Good points no doubt but you are wrong in saying what I bolded above. People ARE allowed to do what he did. If I dont like, and I dont, I tune out. If I am a 49er psl owner I cancel. For the record I dont agree with his views. I personally cant stand it when I go to a show and the entertainer takes time away from what I paid for to talk politics or speak ill of our past and or present President etc. Thats not what he did. He didnt take time away from what the audience tuned in for or paid for.  People could have boycotted 49ers games and to the best of my knowledge didnt. 

There are 3 elite QBs in the NFL, 10-12 very good QBs, then some passable ones.

After that, there are the ones who might start for the Jets next season.

It is truly depressing. Draft a promising QB, throw him in there and see what happens. Gotta be better than watching Colon sit for the anthem then end every play on his ass too.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Spike Lee just made the news claiming it's "fishy" no one is showing interest in Colin Kaepernick. 

He never should have thrown that garbage can through that window. 

SAR I

Kaep will be out of the NFL forever for the same reason Tim Tebow is

Neither player is good and they want the political Spotlight and attention.  

36 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Good points no doubt but you are wrong in saying what I bolded above. People ARE allowed to do what he did. If I dont like, and I dont, I tune out. If I am a 49er psl owner I cancel.  People could have boycotted 49ers games and to the best of my knowledge didnt. 

So we don't get caught up in semantics:  Yes, he is technically allowed to do what he did.  However, as a result of what he did he now suffers the consequences and so he, Spike Lee, and yourself can't point the finger the other way.

The risk he took by taking a racial stand at a weekend entertainment event that, in part, promotes racial harmony is that some would see it his way and embrace it, and some would see it differently and reject it.  Colin Kaepernick decided he could be a hero, perhaps he didn't realize he could also be a villain.  The knife goes both ways.  

SAR I

44 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

For the record I dont agree with his views. I personally cant stand it when I go to a show and the entertainer takes time away from what I paid for to talk politics or speak ill of our past and or present President etc. Thats not what he did. He didnt take time away from what the audience tuned in for or paid for.

I wanted to address your second point separately.

Like you, millions of concert goers can't stand it when the act uses their microphones and our attention and forces a political message at us and I think they do it because they are completely out of touch with their fans.  Does Katy Perry think that everyone who listens to her music likes Hillary Clinton?  Did she think that her album sales and ticket sales wouldn't suffer if the parents who hold the purse-strings of the 12 year old girls who like her music didn't agree with her views?  Has Meryl Streep's arrogance and self-importance hurt her brand in the eyes of 50% of the movie goers in this country? 

The national anthem isn't some unimportant pregame ritual.  Fans are just arriving in their seats, they are pumped up, the players have just rushed on the field, fireworks have gone off, adrenaline is flowing, it's the moment of heightened anticipation and something you've waited weeks for and it is about to begin.  And then a self-important millionaire adopted by wealthy white people decides what we should or shouldn't feel at that moment because he's the self-appointed avatar of racial relations in inner cities.  That's bullsh*t. 

SAR I

55 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

People could have boycotted 49ers games and to the best of my knowledge didnt.

The average 49ers fan remembers the Kaepernick that almost won the Super Bowl, they like the guy and will give him the benefit of the doubt.

The rest of the NFL has no such nostalgia.  They view him as a spoiled kid who lost his ability and caused an unnecessary ruckus.  And, most of all, he's bad for business.  NFL owners aren't going to give him a job so they can teach an important lesson to the other NFL players now and into the future-  count your money, count your blessings, keep your mouth shut.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I wanted to address your second point separately.

Like you, millions of concert goers can't stand it when the act uses their microphones and our attention and forces a political message at us and I think they do it because they are completely out of touch with their fans.  Does Katy Perry think that everyone who listens to her music likes Hillary Clinton?  Did she think that her album sales and ticket sales wouldn't suffer if the parents who hold the purse-strings of the 12 year old girls who like her music didn't agree with her views?  Has Meryl Streep's arrogance and self-importance hurt her brand in the eyes of 50% of the movie goers in this country? 

The national anthem isn't some unimportant pregame ritual.  Fans are just arriving in their seats, they are pumped up, the players have just rushed on the field, fireworks have gone off, adrenaline is flowing, it's the moment of heightened anticipation and something you've waited weeks for and it is about to begin.  And then a self-important millionaire adopted by wealthy white people decides what we should or shouldn't feel at that moment because he's the self-appointed avatar of racial relations in inner cities.  That's bullsh*t. 

SAR I

Could it be that he may have been looking past his NFL career? There are other professions aside from pro football? I think he has made more than $30 MM USD.

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

Could it be that he may have been looking past his NFL career? There are other professions aside from pro football? I think he has made more than $30 MM USD.

That's great. 

Perhaps he should tell Spike Lee that he was willing to throw away his NFL career because he wants to be a civil rights activist so Spike doesn't run around implying that the New York Jets are a racist organization which is what he did last night.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's great. 

Perhaps he should tell Spike Lee that he was willing to throw away his NFL career because he wants to be a civil rights activist so Spike doesn't run around implying that the New York Jets are a racist organization which is what he did last night.

SAR I

Did Kaepernick beat his wife? What crime did he commit? Doesn't Spike Lee get to say what he feels on social media? Why is it that you appear to be against Americans expressing their views if they are not in lock step with yours? That in itself is UN-American. 

You should really review your opinions here and then post something with some sanity. 

From a pure football perspective, it does look funny that a QB better than any the Jets have right now is not being pursued by them (at least publicly). Just saying. Don't think that the other 50% of the fans don't see this. 

8 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Did Kaepernick beat his wife? What crime did he commit? Doesn't Spike Lee get to say what he feels on social media? Why is it that you appear to be against Americans expressing their views if they are not in lock step with yours? That in itself is UN-American. 

You should really review your opinions here and then post something with some sanity.

Kaepernick committed no crime and I'm sure he's a good person.  I, for one, agree with some of his views.  But that's not the point.

The point is that there is a time and a place for protesting racism and it's not at a Sunday entertainment event filled with overworked people looking to get away from life's problems and spend some quality time with their wives and children.  And, my opinion, attending live NFL games is a shining example of racial harmony.  Black, white, young, old, male, female, Christian, Jew, Muslim, we're all together and unified behind our football team.  It's just about the last place this type of protest belongs.

Sane enough for you?

SAR I

36 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

From a pure football perspective, it does look funny that a QB better than any the Jets have right now is not being pursued by them (at least publicly). Just saying. Don't think that the other 50% of the fans don't see this. 

Just like Kaepernick protesting racism in a stadium filled with 80,000 fans of all ethnicities in racial harmony is out of place, so too is your anti-Jets stance.

Name an NFL team that has had more black head coaches (Edwards, Bowles) and more black quarterbacks (JJ Jones, Lucas, Carter, Vick, Smith) than the New York Jets, a team whose AFL stars boycotted the 1965 AFL All Star Game because black players were forced into segregated hotels in New Orleans, a team whose owner clearly has no racial bias based on the massive salaries doled out (Wilkerson, Revis, Harris, et al) and the high-focus positions (HC, QB) provided. 

You are way out of line here.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Doesn't Spike Lee get to say what he feels on social media?

I just found out that today is Spike Lee's 60th birthday.  What an unusual coincidence.

So just like Colin Kaepernick, he dropped his "Jets are a fishy racist organization" Tweet in the right town on the right day, he's trying to sell racism to promote his brand, sell a few DVD's.  What a great cause.  So free of hypocrisy and agenda.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Just like Kaepernick protesting racism in a stadium filled with 80,000 fans of all ethnicities in racial harmony is out of place, so too is your anti-Jets stance.

Name an NFL team that has had more black head coaches (Edwards, Bowles) and more black quarterbacks (Lucas, Carter, Vick, Smith) than the New York Jets, a team whose AFL stars boycotted the 1965 AFL All Star Game because black players were forced into segregated hotels in New Orleans, a team whose owner clearly has no racial bias based on the massive salaries doled out (Wilkerson, Revis, Harris, et al) and the high-focus positions (HC, QB) provided. 

SAR I

The record you cite regarding the Jets hiring and treatment of minorities is certainly something to be proud of.

PS  No respect for JJ Jones?

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Kaepernick committed no crime and I'm sure he's a good person.  I, for one, agree with some of his views.  But that's not the point.

The point is that there is a time and a place for protesting racism and it's not at a Sunday entertainment event filled with overworked people looking to get away from life's problems and spend some quality time with their wives and children.  And, my opinion, attending live NFL games is a shining example of racial harmony.  Black, white, young, old, male, female, Christian, Jew, Muslim, we're all together and unified behind our football team.  It's just about the last place this type of protest belongs.

Sane enough for you?

SAR I

That first part is all that is needed to sign Kaepernick. The second paragraph omits the fact that there is life after the game. Life that may not be equal for others.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

The record you cite regarding the Jets hiring and treatment of minorities is certainly something to be proud of.

PS  No respect for JJ Jones?

Just looked him up, 1975 was before I became a fan, I'll add him to the list.

The Jets have done a few things right since Namath, I think their stance towards ethnicities has been admirable, glad you feel likewise.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Name an NFL team that has had more black head coaches (Edwards, Bowles) and more black quarterbacks (JJ Jones, Lucas, Carter, Vick, Smith) than the New York Jets, a team whose AFL stars boycotted the 1965 AFL All Star Game because black players were forced into segregated hotels in New Orleans, a team whose owner clearly has no racial bias based on the massive salaries doled out (Wilkerson, Revis, Harris, et al) and the high-focus positions (HC, QB) provided. 

SAR I

Out of line? Really? The topic is Colin Kaepernick

If Kaepernick was even decent a team would have signed him.  He sucks.  I don't even really have a problem with his flag stance thing even though I find him to be a not bright person

What Vick did was worse but he got another chance because teams knew he could still be effective

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He had a contract, he opted out, he chose his actions re the whole kneeling ultra league distraction, he is not that good he is going downwards not upwards, he is a limited QB.

Opted out because he knew he was getting cut

51 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Out of line? Really? The topic is Colin Kaepernick

....yes, until you said this:

"it does look funny that a QB better than any the Jets have right now is not being pursued by them (at least publicly). Just saying"

Which makes it about Spike Lee's actions and the Jets.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

That first part is all that is needed to sign Kaepernick. The second paragraph omits the fact that there is life after the game. Life that may not be equal for others.

Yes, I'm sure all ex-con's with 22 prior's speeding in a car with broken taillights and an unregistered handgun while high with their pregnant girlfriends begging them to sit still and listen to the officer are all thinking about poor, misunderstood Colin Kaepernick and his $30 million dollar bank account as they resist arrest and get shot.

SAR I

He can sit during the anthem and be the first open gay QB in the league and owners will deal with the backlash as long as he was a good QB that can lead his team.  He's not and no one wants to deal with the circus atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Training camp scenario  Petty,Hackenberg,RG III,Kaep,Manzeil,Cutler may the best man win.

Talk about an underwhelming cast. Everyone after Hack is a has been or never was. How about Watson,Hack,Petty, and the best man wins. The result would be about the same as the stiffs you put up there.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Opted out because he knew he was getting cut

That's the same reason he started the whole kneel down thing in the first place. Niners were going to cut him and he made his announcement so it was then impossible to cut him without a ton of negative backlash. Now he announces he will end his crusade so he can get another deal but this time team's ain't taking the bait. Chickens are coming home to roost for him now.

Archived