QB Colin Kaepernick

Rey

I could care less about his political stance or kneel or sit or whatever. 3 years ago he was on a meteoric rise. Since then he had his coaching staff gutted multiple times, lost all the talent around him, lost a ton of muscle weight and right or wrong seems distracted from football. That's why you pass on him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Is breaking the law the only reason a person can be fired?

If you went to your employer today and told them "I'm going to tell every white customer/client they're racist, because I have rights and am protesting!" would you keep your job or be fired?

And yet the guy you said did that, not only put his job on the line, but flat out quit his Job and threw himself at the mercy of the very folks you say he criticized . The guy has enough money hopefully that he doesn't have to work ever again to sustain himself . What ever happens to him going forward will either make him a martyr or will further the conversation he fathered  . 

I can't say that I would have done what that kid did , but regardless, he's has become important to many in the black community .

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

And yet the guy you said did that, not only put his job on the line, but flat out quit his Job and threw himself at the mercy of the very folks you say he criticized . The guy has enough money hopefully that he doesn't have to work ever again to sustain himself . What ever happens to him going forward will either make him a martyr or will further the conversation he fathered  . 

I can't say that I would have done what that kid did , but regardless, he's has become important to many in the black community .

And yet when this courageous young man realized there were probably going to financial ramifications to his "look at me" demonstration, he has decided that he caused change in America, so he will now stand for the anthem. :)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/02/colin-kaepernick-plans-to-stand-for-the-national-anthem/

He's a pistol qb who works best when running a ton of options. Dudes got a cannon but if the rumors about Morton running a West Coast style offense, Kaep isn't a fit. I also don't want the attention he brings either. Talented kid but not a fit here

22 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Any response to this will fall over the line into pure Political Talk, so yeah.  Sorry for not rising to such obvious bait.

Personal politics do not belong in the workplace, and the vast majority of Americans would be fired for what Kap did.  He had every right to speak.....but not in his workplace.  It's a shame, IMO, the NFL (a league who fines you for the wrong color shoes at work) did so little to stamp down what Kap and other employees did.

Of course, the NFL is pants of head stupid when it comes to player discipline, so par for the course I suppose.

14 minutes ago, flgreen said:

And yet when this courageous young man realized there were probably going to financial ramifications to his "look at me" demonstration, he has decided that he caused change in America, so he will now stand for the anthem. :)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/02/colin-kaepernick-plans-to-stand-for-the-national-anthem/

What further good would kneeing do if what you wanted to do by kneeling in the 1st place was accomplished ?  IMO, and mind o, it's my Opinion, to continue to kneel would make what folks who say he was disrespecting the flag be correct . He accomplished what he started out to do, so now it's time to show that it wasn't disrespect,.

That's the opinion I choose to believe in .

By the way, I never said he was courageous, you did .

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Any response to this will fall over the line into pure Political Talk, so yeah.  Sorry for not rising to such obvious bait.

Personal politics do not belong in the workplace, and the vast majority of Americans would be fired for what Kap did.  He had every right to speak.....but not in his workplace.  It's a shame, IMO, the NFL (a league who fines you for the wrong color shoes at work) did so little to stamp down what Kap and other employees did.

Of course, the NFL is pants of head stupid when it comes to player discipline, so par for the course I suppose.

I wasn't baiting you and just so you know, I did the same thing  myself before I made that post and answered flgreen .  This is a conversation I am no comfortable having period .

This is a sore subject among many. I don't care about his politics its an ethics thing for me. All that aside Kaepernick was woeful last season and didn't look too good even against a crappy Jets team. That in and of itself is why I don't want him. I believe opposing DC's have figured him out. Blitz him unmercifully and he is exposed. Can he adjust? He hasn't been able too so far and I have no faith in this coaching staff to bring out about the changes in his game. The reason for that is we simply have no idea what the offense will look like or how it will be implemented. I say start from scratch with a younger guy with less mileage on him.

25 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

This is a sore subject among many. I don't care about his politics its an ethics thing for me. All that aside Kaepernick was woeful last season and didn't look too good even against a crappy Jets team. That in and of itself is why I don't want him. I believe opposing DC's have figured him out. Blitz him unmercifully and he is exposed. Can he adjust? He hasn't been able too so far and I have no faith in this coaching staff to bring out about the changes in his game. The reason for that is we simply have no idea what the offense will look like or how it will be implemented. I say start from scratch with a younger guy with less mileage on him.

I could be wrong but to the best of my memory Kap didn't play poorly on a bad team. I think he's a good option for us in 2017. He's as good as is available on the market and talent wise was a good Qb. With a smart offense that takes advantage of his legs and a good short passing game he could be a good signing for us. It depends on his price tag. I was surprised he voluntarily left the Niners. 

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I could be wrong but to the best of my memory Kap didn't play poorly  on a bad team. I think he's a good option for us in 2017. He's as good as is available on the market and talent wise was a good Qb. With a smart offense that takes advantage of his legs and a good short passing game he could be a good signing for us. It depends on his price tag. I was surprised he voluntarily left the Niners. 

Hey anything can happen. If he was signed at a decent price I truthfully would give him the benefit of the doubt but I feel he would be mercilessly beaten in the press and by fan's. Does he have the ability to face the mental rigors of playing in an emotional place like NY? Its tough on anyone but with his baggage it would be tougher. I just don't want to spend the precious cap space to find out.

A younger QB?  The man is 26 with great experiences; led team to super bowl and NFC championship game in successive seasons.  Then the team is gutted, 3 coaches and no direction.  The talent is there, you just have to acknowledge it. 

I could see giving Kap an RG3 kind of a deal. Like the one he got last year at about 7.5 per for 2 years. Toss in some makeable incentives. I would say more money but his market is down. When you look at the market he's probably the best talent available after Romo. I mean I can see 3 guys we could sign who might be ok. Kap, Cutler or a deal for Siemien. Of the 3 I might choose Kap. 

3 minutes ago, Rey said:

A younger QB?  The man is 26 with great experiences; led team to super bowl and NFC championship game in successive seasons.  Then the team is gutted, 3 coaches and no direction.  The talent is there, you just have to acknowledge it. 

No I don't. Especially not to someone who calls another team a real team and by that statement implies that the team they claim to be a fan of is not. Your entering troll territory here my friend.

I don't understand how the Jets can even look at Osweiler without bringing a proven winner to New York like Colin Kaepernick.  
Sure, he's had problems in San Francisco, but then again who wouldn't when your team is completely gutted in one year.
Colin Kaepernick has the age, ability and winning attitude that is missing in New York.    
Don't pass....take a look....he's the best QB available right now and the best chance at a competitive 2017 and beyond.

this has to be a troll post ... Kap has been abysmal for years

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

18 minutes ago, Rey said:

You are the only TROLL who accepts perennial losing without looking for options to make the team better.   Over and out troll!

LOL you gave yourself a reputation point. Apparently your the only one who agrees with you.

Don't you understand that with the schedule they have next season and the roster they have they will be lucky to win 3-4 games? No matter who the QB is. Most of us understand this. Most of us are tired of the quick fix bullspit that has gotten the team in this mess. Its time to abandon the failed ways of the past and build through the draft with young players that can grow together from the start. What good is it if they sign a vet and win 5-6 games if we in the same boat season after season as we have been? Time try a new approach here. This draft has depth at need positions. Draft at those positions and use the same formula in subsequent drafts. Sign FA's to supplement that philosophy but don't pay them for what they have done but they will do. Its the only way to build a winner not for one season but many. It will be painful but the rewards will be great. Think about that and you will see its the only way my friend.

1 hour ago, Rey said:

I know a QB who led his team to two successive AFC championship games.  He'd come even cheaper.

No, No NO NOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo

The NFL figured him out years ago.

Play Hack or Petty. Or draft a QB. We need to DEVELOP our own QB. In my view every single available QB sucks and is a boar anchor to the future of this team, especially stiffs like Cutler and Kaperdick

17 hours ago, Rey said:

I don't understand how the Jets can even look at Osweiler without bringing a proven winner to New York like Colin Kaepernick.  

Sure, he's had problems in San Francisco, but then again who wouldn't when your team is completely gutted in one year.

Colin Kaepernick has the age, ability and winning attitude that is missing in New York.    

Don't pass....take a look....he's the best QB available right now and the best chance at a competitive 2017 and beyond.

Why is anyone paying attention to this poster who is obviously trolling. ?

Archived