I'll take any of these 8 players at #6 and be Happy

Sarge4Tide

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/16/2017 at 0:26 PM, J-Diddy said:

Mike Williams WR is the wise choice.  We need to score some points.  Aint gonna happen with Enunwa and Robbie Anderson.

If we don't find a trade-down partner, then I'd strongly consider Mike Williams. He has the potential to be one of those special WRs. The kind every team needs.  Red zone threat with good size (6'3" not 6'4" as advertised) who will win a lot of 50-50's. Physical.  Can manage errant throws (Watson), which he will need to do here.  Very Marshall-ish.  6 might be a little early for him, but I keep saying that about all the options.  Maybe Mac will find a trade down partner.  But passing on him would be very tough.  He's your Marshall replacement.  Yes. We have other needs.  Thinking about who will be on the board there, and I value WR over Safety TBH, which makes a decison there pretty tough.  It's high time to prefer offense over defense for close calls in round 1.  

On 3/16/2017 at 0:29 PM, heymangold said:

if the guy didn't hurt his hammy again at the combine i think i would have been ok with him.  but man, he seems to have some bad hamstrings!

And that's unfortunately enough to make me look past him with relative ease.  Just look at the other options at CB there are tons.  

6 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Definitely a superb talent.  I've watched tons of video on the kid and he just gets it done.  I just wouldn't know where to put him.  OLB?  DE?

My hope is that Kevin Greene knows how to use front 7 talent better than the dopes who were around last year

Just now, JetFanatic said:

Definitely a superb talent.  I've watched tons of video on the kid and he just gets it done.  I just wouldn't know where to put him.  OLB?  DE?

I won't say he CAN'T play OLB, but I'd be very surprised if he did.  He's ideally built for SDE in a 4-3.  I think if you draft him you have to look real hard at converting to a more dominant 4-3 hybrid def. The issue would be LB then. Harris isn't a sideline to sideline guy anymore and Lee would be an excellent OLB. Running a 3-4 doesn't have a competetive advantage anymore because 1/2 the league is also running it.  Less competition for 4-3 talent and more of them.  Wouldn't be the worst idea.

On 3/16/2017 at 0:41 PM, jamesr said:

Lattimore has dropped off my own want list ... we need corners, badly, but I'd rather have a good guy for all the games than a great guy for only some of them. Plenty depth in this draft at corner.

The guy is really love to see us get is Howard. If we can trade back and get him so much the better. But if we're looking at offense and a guy who'll make plays / help out a young QB, this guy fits the bill for me. Rather him than a RB / WR in round one IMO.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I agree with this.  I wouldn't be mad at the pick of Howard even at #6.  I think TEs that have his skill set coming out of college are rare therefore he would be my pick.  WRs and RBs are easier to find which is why I would do it while we have the number 6 pick.

Just now, JetFanatic said:

I agree with this.  I wouldn't be mad at the pick of Howard even at #6.  I think TEs that have his skill set coming out of college are rare therefore he would be my pick.  WRs and RBs are easier to find which is why I would do it while we have the number 6 pick.

If you are buying the Mike Williams is on the Julio Jones/AJ Green level then no, those WRs do not come along often.  If you are looking for guys that are more in the range of  Jarvis Landry or Sammy Watkins then yeah....I'd agree there.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My hope is that Kevin Greene knows how to use front 7 talent better than the dopes who were around last year

Yeah because that means you can use him at multiple positions correctly.  Meaning you won't see them putting a guy like Sheldon Richardson (6'3" 293 lbs) at OLB for some odd reason.  I could see Thomas moving all over the place though in regards to his position and thriving while doing so.  I can also see Greene succeeding based off of his sheer passion alone.  That dude is intense.

I don't know why but I still feel like they have to go offense with the 6th pick.  This offense still doesn't put up more than 10 points a game sadly

17 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I won't say he CAN'T play OLB, but I'd be very surprised if he did.  He's ideally built for SDE in a 4-3.  I think if you draft him you have to look real hard at converting to a more dominant 4-3 hybrid def. The issue would be LB then. Harris isn't a sideline to sideline guy anymore and Lee would be an excellent OLB. Running a 3-4 doesn't have a competetive advantage anymore because 1/2 the league is also running it.  Less competition for 4-3 talent and more of them.  Wouldn't be the worst idea.

Disagree that Lee would be even a decent OLB

7 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Yeah because that means you can use him at multiple positions correctly.  Meaning you won't see them putting a guy like Sheldon Richardson (6'3" 293 lbs) at OLB for some odd reason.  I could see Thomas moving all over the place though in regards to his position and thriving while doing so.  I can also see Greene succeeding based off of his sheer passion alone.  That dude is intense.

I don't know why but I still feel like they have to go offense with the 6th pick.  This offense still doesn't put up more than 10 points a game sadly

Agreed, but the pick on offense is probably a TE, and everyone gets burned when the go TE high

Anyone who questions the pick of Hooker or Adams should check out Brett Kollman's video report on them.  Hes not a great analyst but the videos are informative.

Id be happy with OJ Howard, Adams, Hooker, Fournette or Foster.  Have no interest in a WR and there are edge rushers to be found later in the draft.  If we took Howard/safety and then TJ Watt in the second Id be thrilled.

9 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Anyone who questions the pick of Hooker or Adams should check out Brett Kollman's video report on them.  Hes not a great analyst but the videos are informative

I don't think anyone is doubting their ability and potential.  But the #6 overall is just too high for them for these reasons.

1: They are more than likely not going to be elite. Elite meaning at the very top of their position in the NFL. At 6 overall if we are talking about a safety, we are talking HOF level potential, superior range, ball hawk, willing tackler...basically the total package. Adams isn't at that level in pursuit, coverage and is limited in range. Not trying to sh*t on him, but he's just not at that level to justify at 6.

2: Positional relevance. He doesn't play a premium position that is difficult to find. Again, not saying he won't be good, but he's a defensive secondary player in a passing league that forces him to play the position short handed. Teams can be championship caliber with average secondaries.  Considering the edge rushers, WRs and TE and QBs available at t6...it's hard to justify taking a safety there. Dan Feeney is an elite OG prospect, I wou;dn't dream of taking him until the end of the 1st round and only if my offense was a team strength that I can just make even better with someone like him. Why? Because he's a freaking guard. You get the idea. We don't have a pass rush, so don't worry about getting a upper tier safety until you can fix that. .

On 3/16/2017 at 6:26 PM, j4jets said:

I'd take a flyer on Joe Mixon. His legal trouble aside, he's a mid 1st round talent. Use the third on him. 

I don't think he'll be available then.  Especially after an impressive Pro Day I'd be shocked if he gets out of the 2nd round.  I'm all for taking him in the 2nd

We are still without a franchise QB and although we have many needs without a QB everything else is just a waste.
So to hell with more late 2nd and 3rd rounders, with the sixth pick in the 2017 draft the New York Jets select
Deshon Watson , Clemson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, fltflo said:

We are still without a franchise QB and although we have many needs without a QB everything else is just a waste.
So to hell with more late 2nd and 3rd rounders, with the sixth pick in the 2017 draft the New York Jets select
Deshon Watson , Clemson.

I think he's available to us in the 2nd. And I wouldn't be all that shocked if he lasted to round 3 tbh.

1 hour ago, JetFanatic said:

I don't think he'll be available then.  Especially after an impressive Pro Day I'd be shocked if he gets out of the 2nd round.  I'm all for taking him in the 2nd

Our 2nd is way too high for this woman beating punk. Have you seen the video? It was pretty brutal. 

43 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

What he did was ****ed up no doubt but that chick did go after him first.

Sent from my LG-H910 using JetNation.com mobile app

If you follow what was going on, it's because him n his friends were effing with the girl and her friend. She got upset n did push him. But that's no excuse to punch a girl in the face. Just push her away. Mixon tried to scare her with a jerk move and she thought he was about to hit her and so she was really trying to fight back. He's still an idiot and I actually hope he doesn't get picked in the first 3 rounds. 

I think he's available to us in the 2nd. And I wouldn't be all that shocked if he lasted to round 3 tbh.

I believe he will be long gone in the top of the first round. Deshon Watson that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, fltflo said:

I believe he will be long gone in the top of the first round. Deshon Watson that is

I understand the allure of a "big game" QB, but his accuracy is a huge issue. He's scattershot. Some of his throws downfield are just Fitztragic level horrible landing 10 yards away from a player, others throws are on a dime. On many of his intermediate throws the ball is poorly placed much of the time and it causes the WR to stop the route. Accuracy in QBs is widely conidered to be the most important attribute you can have. If some coaches think it's just mechanical and they can fix it and the intangibles are worth it they will take a shot. But imo you can't fix accuracy and ball placement on QBs. They either have it or they don't.

17 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Who do you think?  Corey Davis or John Ross?

John Ross speed is unreal, and would do wonders in any offense, though I think we already have that type of guy in Robbie Anderson. People can have pros/cons about Robbie Anderson, but one thing for sure that stood out about Anderson is he knew how to get behind the defense...even when they were in obvious prevent defense. That's talent in and of itself. 

With that said, I think Corey Davis is the more complete WR. I think Davis is legit. The cool thing is, you dont even need to take him at 6. You can trade down to somewhere by pick 20 given that Williams and Ross will probably be the first 2 WR's taken. You can pick up another high draft pick and still get Davis. Or, if another team is smart and picks Davis over Williams...you still have Williams. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

With that said, I think Corey Davis is the more complete WR. I think Davis is legit. The cool thing is, you dont even need to take him at 6. You can trade down to somewhere by pick 20 given that Williams and Ross will probably be the first 2 WR's taken. You can pick up another high draft pick and still get Davis. Or, if another team is smart and picks Davis over Williams...you still have Williams. 

I'd expect that Davis is going to go top 10. He's a reasonable pick at 6.

Assuming Garrett is gone obviously....Williams, Davis, Barnett, Howard are primary targets at 6. Taking a safety or CB is a waste there.

5 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I'd expect that Davis is going to go top 10. He's a reasonable pick at 6.

Assuming Garrett is gone obviously....Williams, Davis, Barnett, Howard are primary targets at 6. Taking a safety or CB is a waste there.

Generally speaking, I totally agree. However, the fact that he missed the combine given ankle surgery im thinking that teams may overlook him in the top 10 because of that. 

He's a reasonable pick at 6, however, with our receiving corp I'd rather take the chance of trading down, grabbing another high draft pick and taking my chances somewhere in the teens. If he's not there then it is what it is. However, if we stay at #6 I'd rather get Fournette or McCafferey

Archived