I want to trade down from 6 more than anything, but ....

ljr

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

If Trubisky or Fournette are gone before 6, we have no shot at trading down. I think Tennessee is gonna mess us up with Cleveland and swing a dea with them unfortunately.

Then we just have to hope Fournette drops, and Carolina or Cincinnati want him.  

Wasn't that a great win vs SF?

58 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Every single year with this. Trade down! Thou shalt tradeth downeth! It's the best solution every time!

Someone has to want to trade up for that to happen. And they have to not be robbing us to do so. And that makes things just a bit more complicated than it sounds. Look no further than us not being able to sell the Williams slot.

We need some sort of title for this stuff. Tradownians or something.

I repped this before I got to the last line, and you went full cornball.

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

No...just picks.

We had #1 which was Orlando Pace.  We traded down to #6 which was Walter Jones (would have been great if he'd stopped there) but he traded down again to pick Vilma.  All for extra picks that didn't amount to much IIRC.

Farrior.

Yeah, and Leon Washington in the 4th and some crap that did nothing.

The other trade with the Cards was for a player to go from 3 to 4

59 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Every single year with this. Trade down! Thou shalt tradeth downeth! It's the best solution every time!

Someone has to want to trade up for that to happen. And they have to not be robbing us to do so. And that makes things just a bit more complicated than it sounds. Look no further than us not being able to sell the Williams slot.

We need some sort of title for this stuff. Tradownians or something.

I did it in Madden EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

It's not that hard.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Have the Jets ever traded down? 

1997 Draft: We had first overall pick, traded with Rams, who took Orlando Pace.  We moved down twice, and selected James Farrior at 6 I believe.  He never amounted to much with us, but signed with Pittsburgh and had a helluva career there.  So the pick was good, but we never saw the dividends.

I think the most interesting aspect of this draft is whether or not any team is interested in Richardson. Getting an extra 3rd for him would give us 3 third round picks. Jets could make some hay if guys drop for injury reasons. Big difference taking an oft injured Milliner in the top 10 than taking some flyers in the third round on guys with 1st round pedigree with unfortunate injury timing. That's why Curtis Martin dropped to the 3rd round. Like someone else stated just imagine our fortunes if Gareon Conley & Sidney Jones dropped & Macc boldly drafted both? 

Dreamer....nothing but a dreamer.

I really don't see why Cleveland would trade with us.  What other team outside of the Cleveland, Jets or SF are interested in Trubisky early in the 1st?   If SF passes, then Cleveland has 3 teams to work a deal with before the Jets.   You really think Cleveland would allow the Jets to make them over pay?  The Jets will not pick Trubisky.  Cleveland should roll the dice and probably get Mitch at 12.  Worse case scenario for them is that hey have a ton of picks to improve their squad and will still probably have a high pick next year to draft a QB.   

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I really don't see why Cleveland would trade with us.  What other team outside of the Cleveland, Jets or SF are interested in Trubisky early in the 1st?   If SF passes, then Cleveland has 3 teams to work a deal with before the Jets.   You really think Cleveland would allow the Jets to make them over pay?  The Jets will not pick Trubisky.  Cleveland should roll the dice and probably get Mitch at 12.  Worse case scenario for them is that hey have a ton of picks to improve their squad and will still probably have a high pick next year to draft a QB.   

Possibly Buffalo?

Who knows, maybe a team like AZ wants him and trades in front of Cleveland..

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Possibly Buffalo?

that's the team laying in the reeds.  they didn't want to bring back taylor.  they have a new owner who personally traveled to qb's pro days.  i doubt the jets would trade with them b/c mccags would know they're giving a division rival a qb, so if buffalo wants to trade up for a qb they'll have to go to tennessee at a minimum.

1 hour ago, Phillyjet said:

1997 Draft: We had first overall pick, traded with Rams, who took Orlando Pace.  We moved down twice, and selected James Farrior at 6 I believe.  He never amounted to much with us, but signed with Pittsburgh and had a helluva career there.  So the pick was good, but we never saw the dividends.

Traded down twice.   Gave up Orlando Pace and Walter Jones for James Farrior.  Passed on 2 HOF left tackles for a guy who got pretty good in Pitt.

Archived