I want to trade down from 6 more than anything, but ....

ljr

I am hoping to trade down from 6 more than anything, but ...the projected compensations I'm seeing tossed around don't make any sense?!?

The most likely opportunity being discussed is swapping the 6th pick with Cleveland for their 12th pick + more

all the draft value charts I see have that difference to be equivalent to around 400 points ... Which would be the 50th pick

In addition to picks 1&12, Cleveland has:

the 33rd pick ... Which is round 2 pick 1 (580 points)

52nd pick ... Which is round 2 pick 20 (380 points)

65th pick ... Which is round 3 pick 1 (265 points)

sooo ... Almosr fair compensation is basically the 52nd pick - I take that trade in a second!

word being everyone wants to move down & there is little interest to move up might make the 65th pick the more likely offer ... I make that trade as well.

if Cleveland is hoping for one of the QB's there is 0 reason for them to work with us instead of Jacksonville at 4 (close to fair value on both sides) ... Or even Tennessee at 5.

what say you all ?

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

I am hoping to trade down from 6 more than anything, but ...the projected compensations I'm seeing tossed around don't make any sense?!?

The most likely opportunity being discussed is swapping the 6th pick with Cleveland for their 12th pick + more

all the draft value charts I see have that difference to be equivalent to around 400 points ... Which would be the 50th pick

In addition to picks 1$12, Cleveland has:

sooo ... Almosr fair compensation is basically the 52nd pick - I take that trade in a second!

word being everyone wants to move down & there is little interest to move up might make the 65th pick the more likely offer ... I make that trade as well.

if Cleveland is hoping for one of the QB's there is 0 reason for them to work with us instead of Jacksonville at 4 (close to fair value on both sides) ... Or even Tennessee at 5.

what say you all ?

That's assuming those teams want to move down. It's a deep draft, but some of the guys at the top are really good. Some teams may just want that one stud (fournette/Adams...). For the Jets, with many needs, we are more likely to be willing to trade down and only accept a 3rd (plus a late round swap). 

6 hours ago, ljr said:

In addition to picks 1&12, Cleveland has:

what say you all ?

i tend to agree. i think everyone is on board with getting the 33rd pick to trade down to 12 but there are also other teams in play that pick before 6.  the titans have a qb and the 49ers may chose to go short term with hoyer.  and these teams also need a lot of positions upgraded just like the jets.  so if they do trade down i wouldn't expect much higher than the 52 pick. maybe they could package shelly and get the 33rd and the 65th pick.

13 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Shefter is saying Clevland is NOT trading up.  I have been saying it, they are not giving up picks.  

then the jets will have to entice indy or carolina to go up a few spots.  it would help if fournette is still on the board when the jets pick.

33 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If Trubisky or Fournette are gone before 6, we have no shot at trading down. I think Tennessee is gonna mess us up with Cleveland and swing a dea with them unfortunately.

Then we just have to hope Fournette drops, and Carolina or Cincinnati want him.  

I don't know if that's 100% true. Rumor is the Saints really want McCaffrey, and are trying to trade up ahead of Carolina to get him. Could be a smokescreen, but you never know.

If it is true, that would be an option to move down a few spots and grab an extra pick. 

Shefter also said two RB go in top ten. 

I would think Jets will have a choice between Howard, Adams or Hooker. 

It will I'll be one of those picjs

btw I have an inside scoop that Allen is going to fall and fall hard.  Out of the top ten.  He has arthritis in his shoulder and the teams know it but it has not been released to the public yet. 

With the draft hours away, I have narrowed my wish list down  .  I really want to draft Trubisky but I don't think that will happen . That said, I have narrowed my pick down to McCaffery or Deshaun Watson with the 6th pick.  If the Jets should trade down, then I am focus on Harris, Willis or Lamp .  

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Shefter is saying Clevland is NOT trading up.  I have been saying it, they are not giving up picks.  

I would tell  CLE that the Jets are taking Trubisky if he is there, and the price post pick is 13 plus 33.   

Look at what the Eagles did last year.  They signed  Bradford and then traded him to the Vikings.  QBs are the most valuable assets in football.  

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

I don't know if that's 100% true. Rumor is the Saints really want McCaffrey, and are trying to trade up ahead of Carolina to get him. Could be a smokescreen, but you never know.

If it is true, that would be an option to move down a few spots and grab an extra pick. 

You know I read that as well. I guess I just didn't believe it. I hope its true. Our roster is so pathetic we need as many picks as we can get. 

Can you imagine the Browns taking Garrett at 1 overall & then, try to move up to grab Trubisky at our spot but try to strong arm Macc into taking less than he's asking for, Macc hangs the phone up writes Mitchell Trubisky on his card & sends it in.

Wentz & Trubisky end up being 2 of the faces of the future NFL after Brady, Ben, Rivers, Eli & the old guard guys retire.

Now I get the fact the Jets are a snake bitten franchise, but the Browns have seen more heart ache than any other franchise in the NFL. Could you imagine Browns fans watching the Eagles (Wentz), and the Jets (Trubisky) both succeeding & being top Franchise QBs?

Oh the horror for Cleveland but please lord have this dream come true for us Jet fans. We have to step in big pile of sh*t & have a horseshoe lodged in our azzes at some time in our lives right?

Just now, Lil Woody said:

Successfully?

Well I mean we did get Doug Jolley and used the pick we got on Mike Nugent by trading with the Raiders.  So I'd say....YES!!!

Doug Jolley...lmfao

I should have prefaced in the 1st round. 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Have the Jets ever traded down? 

Parcells did, twice.

Traded a HOF left tackle, for.... another HOF left tackle.....  for an ILB who left to be good on the Steelers and a punt returner.

They did it years ago, moved down like, 1 spot, and got a running back from the Cardinals.  

2 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

That was a 1st round pick.

Ahhhh Jets!

Something like the 25th overall - for - Jolley, their 2nd rounder and some 6th or 7th rounders I think..

I get it but that's not exactly the example I was referring too.  I meant, trade pick to acquire more picks. 

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Parcells did, twice.

Traded a HOF left tackle, for.... another HOF left tackle.....  for an ILB who left to be good on the Steelers and a punt returner.

They did it years ago, moved down like, 1 spot, and got a running back from the Cardinals.  

So not a trade back to acquire more picks scenario?  A player was involved? 

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Parcells did, twice.

1993.  Traded down from #3 to #4. Cardinals threw in RB Johnny Johnson. Cardinals drafted the RB Hearst who busted and we got Marvin Jones. Last time we had a successful 1st round trade down. 

34 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

1993.  Traded down from #3 to #4. Cardinals threw in RB Johnny Johnson. Cardinals drafted the RB Hearst who busted and we got Marvin Jones. Last time we had a successful 1st round trade down. 

Good memory!!  I was thinking that was the Jones draft, but couldn't remember.   I just knew I was in college when it happened.

Every single year with this. Trade down! Thou shalt tradeth downeth! It's the best solution every time!

Someone has to want to trade up for that to happen. And they have to not be robbing us to do so. And that makes things just a bit more complicated than it sounds. Look no further than us not being able to sell the Williams slot.

We need some sort of title for this stuff. Tradownians or something.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

So not a trade back to acquire more picks scenario?  A player was involved? 

No...just picks.

We had #1 which was Orlando Pace.  We traded down to #6 which was Walter Jones (would have been great if he'd stopped there) but he traded down again to pick Vilma.  All for extra picks that didn't amount to much IIRC.

Archived