JetNation Tuesday Tidbits, 6/20/17

JetNation

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

The fact you truly believe that people have vested interest in being right on Hack sucking is strange but I digress.  To each their own. I'm not going to pretend like I know a posters true intent or agenda nor do I want to waste the energy caring.

Petty isnt in the equation.  He's terrible and the Jets arent interested in him starting whatsoever.  That said, if Hack cant beat out McCown.  He's failed.  So you rooting for McCown to lose every game to draft a QB high, means you're rooting for Hack to fail.   Because the second Darnold or Rosen is selected, that's the end of Hack.

My hope is Hack can beat out McCown, and plays well. Im not hoping for McCwon to start, not sure how I can be any more clear than that. If Hack can't beat out McCown, and he has failed, then yeah, I'm rooting like hell for the Jets to lose with him.

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Worst case scenario - Hack will somehow, someway, drag this corpse of a team to 5 wins and prove nothing in the process, thereby handcuffing the franchise once again regarding their QB situation going into 2018.

I see something like this happening.  The defense will overachieve.

8 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Worst case scenario - Hack will somehow, someway, drag this corpse of a team to 5 wins and prove nothing in the process, thereby handcuffing the franchise once again regarding their QB situation going into 2018.

This roster is putrid, in almost every way. I just don't see how they can win 5 games if Hack doesn't show something. If he's as bad as most say he is, he won't win 1.

23 minutes ago, varjet said:

I see something like this happening.  The defense will overachieve.

My question is or would be how is it possible for a kid everyone thinks is a bust to drag a corpse of a roster to 5 wins and not prove anything to anyone  ?  Either the roster is not corpse like or a dead man somehow managed to infused a bunch of dead men to the point where they appear to be alive . 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

If one chose to look at this without a close mind, one could possibly see how it might be better for a young QB to develop his field awareness by having to scan the entire field for the open receiver instead of mostly looking toward a veteran receiver because he's a safety blanket  .   How would the team develop with it's QB getting to learn the moves of a completely young set of receivers and those receivers getting to learn about their QB  ?  Is it more important to develop chemistry with Decker or with 5 receivers learning from their mistakes ?

Wow.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wow.

Right?

When it was Geno, it was "how can he develop, he doesn't have any weapons?" and now it's "not having any weapons is the key to developing him".

Can't make this sh*t up.

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wow.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Right?

When it was Geno, it was "how can he develop, he doesn't have any weapons?" and now it's "not having any weapons is the key to developing him".

Can't make this sh*t up.

You act like you guys havent heard about ASJ losing 20 lbs and getting off the sauce. 

58 minutes ago, bitonti said:

not in a good way tho 

For the past decade, the Jets are 12 games under .500. 6 times at .500 or above.

Certainly not great, but certainly not an outlier in terms of being the worst. Problem for them is 6 straight without playoffs, Can't do that in this league.

For that period, they are ahead of the Dolphins and Bills. Hooray!!

"Eric Decker’s release is easily one of the worst moves we’ve seen under Mike Maccagnan.  In trying to develop a pair of young quarterbacks and several receivers, a player like Decker should have been safe during the team’s purge.  This is a move the team may look back on and regret."

I don't know. I think there is more to Decker than the fans know. He might be a locker room lawyer/politician (Fitz stuff last offseason as an example). I know I would not want that in the locker room, particularly with a young team. His health is enough of a regular concern, and I wonder how much of a part of last years dysfunctional locker room he was. Some people know they're on camera and act as such, at least until there is no camera.

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

"Eric Decker’s release is easily one of the worst moves we’ve seen under Mike Maccagnan.  In trying to develop a pair of young quarterbacks and several receivers, a player like Decker should have been safe during the team’s purge.  This is a move the team may look back on and regret."

I don't know. I think there is more to Decker than the fans know. He might be a locker room lawyer/politician (Fitz stuff last offseason as an example). I know I would not want that in the locker room, particularly with a young team. His health is enough of a regular concern, and I wonder how much of a part of last years dysfunctional locker room he was. Some people know they're on camera and act as such, at least until there is no camera.

Nobody does.  Outside of these forums, I've never heard a bad word about Decker in the locker room, and that's from the Ge-Nooo fans who were jaded ny Decker's lack of support got their guy.

46 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Nobody does.  Outside of these forums, I've never heard a bad word about Decker in the locker room, and that's from the Ge-Nooo fans who were jaded ny Decker's lack of support got their guy.

His locker room politics, when Fitzpatrick was holding out on signing,  it appeared that Decker was trying to make a stand at OTAs, probably did not help his case.

5 hours ago, Tinstar said:

If one chose to look at this without a close mind, one could possibly see how it might be better for a young QB to develop his field awareness by having to scan the entire field for the open receiver instead of mostly looking toward a veteran receiver because he's a safety blanket  .   How would the team develop with it's QB getting to learn the moves of a completely young set of receivers and those receivers getting to learn about their QB  ?  Is it more important to develop chemistry with Decker or with 5 receivers learning from their mistakes ?

fantastic point

Archived