JN Mafia: Revenge of the Nerds

26 minutes ago, D P R said:

Nah, at this point scum would just frame someone for the mislynch. Bring it to down to 8 players, lynch 80, then 6 players with probable 2 scum left and endgame at the lynch. 

I'm leaning town on 80.

Vote JC for the CFD when he should have made a more logical choice that would have produced info. 

lol, holy bazinga...

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Town watcher (80, town?)
Town vig (at least 1-shot, Lamar is likely not a 3rd party)
Town with camera (nyn, Takashi)
Town lover (verb, gilbert)
The other lover (???, probably the hot chick)

That's a lot of roles, and we haven't really even gotten into investigative and protection type roles yet. Scum is likely roled to the gills.

fear mongery

80 could be scum and who the **** knows what town with a camera is (actually sounds like a watcher tbh), but it could easily be popo or tracker

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

fear mongery

80 could be scum and who the **** knows what town with a camera is (actually sounds like a watcher tbh), but it could easily be popo or tracker

Watcher is just as easy scum too 

could have lied and thrown in the girls only to make him sound more nerd than jock

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

fear mongery

Don't be stupid - fear mongering is DPR talking about how scum will just frame a townie for the D1 mislynch, then 1, 2, 3 over... then voting JC for the D1 mislynch.

I'm trying to get my bearings on roles and balance - as I consider the likelihood of 80 being a scum watcher.

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Watcher is just as easy scum too 

could have lied and thrown in the girls only to make him sound more nerd than jock

Why go to all that trouble and elaborate planning form D1? Plus, to your point earlier about trusting meta - does that sound like 80 to you? Gotta be one way or the other... You're all over the place. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Don't be stupid - fear mongering is DPR talking about how scum will just frame a townie for the D1 mislynch, then 1, 2, 3 over... then voting JC for the D1 mislynch.

I'm trying to get my bearings on roles and balance - as I consider the likelihood of 80 being a scum watcher.

Actually, that's what people refer to as the maths. 

You keep trying though. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know I'm a really good scum player and all, but I'm not THIS good.  This is gonna be a tinfoil thing all game long isn't it.....

This. Again - to support the "80's Mastermind Long-game" play, you have to accept that he planned all of this from the start of D1, which is pointless as it's unpredictable at best. 

Common sense.

• Upvote 1

Just now, D P R said:

Why go to all that trouble and elaborate planning form D1? Plus, to your point earlier about trusting meta - does that sound like 80 to you? Gotta be one way or the other... You're all over the place. 

You keep trying though. 

This. Again - to support the "80's Mastermind Long-game" play, you have to accept that he planned all of this from the start of D1, which is pointless as it's unpredictable at best. 

Common sense.

If only the town were paying attention, they might wonder why you keep defending 80, and why you never once pondered if I'm scum considering how we've been at it... always humors me when scum inadvertently acknowledge they know you're town, by never considering your motives as scum.

You're only alive because you cried so much about a bad joke. 

24 minutes ago, D P R said:

You keep trying though. 

Common sense.

You should probably just play with first timers in the future so you can teach them how to play mafia. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

This vote pings

meh, seems like a reasonable place to go particularly since day 1 is a wash with no alignment on nolder, 80 and I would include DPR as well .

At this point he's so far boxed in I don't see the urgency in getting rid of the virgin.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CTM said:

meh, seems like a reasonable place to go particularly since day 1 is a wash with no alignment on nolder, 80 and I would include DPR as well .

At this point he's so far boxed in I don't see the urgency in getting rid of the virgin.

After a couple people questioned it, but it also feels like a safe place to go, not Apelike. 

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

So it really felt like ballin was scumhunting early. Then fell of the map, became indecisive, put a pretty big vote on 80 that I thought would seal 80's fate. Would like to hear more from him.

Yeah.  Keeping my vote on him for the time being.  He pinged early, defended well, then pinged again late.  Can't ignore that anymore. 

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Wrong.

Hey dopey, the point of the game is for everyone to convince everyone that they are town. There's no mafia, if there's no "I'm town". 

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

You should probably just play with first timers in the future so you can teach them how to play mafia. 

LOL

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

This vote pings

That's okay.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

After a couple people questioned it, but it also feels like a safe place to go, not Apelike. 

I always take the easy, safe path in everything I do.