NFL's best (and worst) arsenals: 32-1 offensive weapons ranking.. we're... LAST :(

kelly

This team needs major surprises at QB, TE, and a couple WRs to have any hope of an offense. Even if the defense is any good, they won't look any good if the offense can't stay on the field more than three plays at a time. 

10 hours ago, jamesr said:

I think the difference - with the benefit of hindsight - is that the team is in Year 1 of a rebuild in 2017, rather than Year 3.

Had we made the playoffs in 2015 this may be viewed in a different light, and partly justify the "competitive rebuild" approach. Thing is while were competitive in 2015, the "rebuild" part got rather more neglected than it should have.

i agree.  i know people don't necessarily want to pile on idzik but in reality idzik's inability to get players through the draft has hampered this team and this is what we have now. teams need that steady stream of fresh players and if it dries up for even a couple of seasons in a row then bad things happen.  free agents can only make up for so much mainly because the game is very hard and career span so short.

11 hours ago, jamesr said:

To be fair, it's hard to find wide receivers, tight ends, and running backs when you only draft defensive players. Ever.

Calvin Pryor over Derek Carr.

Jets currently sport all of 1 defender who is a genuinely great player, despite all these high picks spent on the defense. 

Post your example of imbecilic and slavish devotion to drafting defense as if there is some magic bullet defense that is a rock solid lock to win NFL games.  And there are so many to choose from.   

Bonus points for any DB picks who disappear like a fart in a hurricane rather than merely productive offensive players.   

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My plan for Sundays this season is to check out Adams and Williams when we don't have the ball and then when we do have the ball I am going to set myself on fire. 

Lots of 3 and outs, so may not get too badly burned. 

18 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Do you think that based on the talent that Bowles is extra safe if he wins 5 games?

Honestly I think the Johnsons expect us to suck, and unless we really surprise. The die is already cast for Bowles. His job is to deliver us the 1# pick. 

On 7/27/2017 at 5:44 PM, rangerous said:

i wouldn't go so far to say he loved fitz.  maybe he was bowled over by fitz' performance in 2015 and thought he could do the same in 2016.  many people were very hopeful.  it didn't work out.  the vets mailed it in and here the team is.  we can only hope that both mac and bowles have learned from what happened and have made the changes necessary to turn their games and the team around.

I would say you're correct, and Mac has been Bowled over. He just took away all his veteran talent, and now he begins to transition Bowles authority to someone else.

Maybe Morton. Lets win the NFL QB lottery and start fresh with a new coach next year. 

On 7/27/2017 at 5:35 PM, T0mShane said:

All but #1 is bad, and the chances of #1 happening are infinitesimal.

What? I'm told all the time that you can't judge hackenberg's likelihood based on the evidence that exists until there is evidence from the future. It's just like in terminator. They think they changed the future. Then in every movie Skynet is still there! This is just like hackenberg!

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Honestly I think the Johnsons expect us to suck, and unless we really surprise. The die is already cast for Bowles. His job is to deliver us the 1# pick. 

& the/our #1 pick better be...

hqdefault.jpg

cheers ~ ~

:beer: 

Archived