Panthers Texans

Matt39

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Nothing Watson does in this game matters, because [it's preseason].* **

*feel free to use this template all season long

**unless he does bad, in which case it proves that proves that drafting safeties in the 1st and 2nd is Actually Good

Adams and Maye will prove their own worth regardless of what Watson does at any point in his career. 

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

**unless he does bad, in which case it proves that proves that drafting safeties in the 1st and 2nd is Actually Good

Did you know that if a QB is good in college he's automatically going to be an awesome Pro? There are zero differences from college to pro. No one is faster or stronger in the pros. It's exactly the same. QED. 

2 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Adams and Maye will prove their own worth regardless of what Watson does at any point in his career. 

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

Did you know that if a QB is good in college he's automatically going to be an awesome Pro? There are zero differences from college to pro. No one is faster or stronger in the pros. It's exactly the same. QED. 

25 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Does this apply to our qb's also or just ones that you like?

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Feel free to use the template for any QB. For example, "It doesn't matter that Hackenberg just passed for 35% with a pick-six; it's just preseason."

And if he were to throw for 2 TD and 60% you could use ** correct?

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Feel free to use the template for any QB. For example, "It doesn't matter that Hackenberg just passed for 35% with a pick-six; it's just preseason."

I've learned that everything is meaningless that happens in camp and the preseason. Practice results, tweets, camp analysis, preseason games.  All meaningless unless it's something good and then it means good things.   

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

It was weird.  Watson threw the ball and threw it well. He ran the ball when needed and ran it well. Looked super comfortable.   Looked like the same kid from college.

49 mph doh and other stuff 

Nothing better than first preseason game victory laps.

watson's arm seems kinda weak, and i think defenders will start jumping those out routes in time.  his scrambling is key.  i don't think his upside is that high.  he may well be better than every qb the jets have but that may not be saying much.  i'd rather have whomever the jets draft in the first round next year, than watson.  

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

watson's arm seems kinda weak, and i think defenders will start jumping those out routes in time.  his scrambling is key.  i don't think his upside is that high.  he may well be better than every qb the jets have but that may not be saying much.  i'd rather have whomever the jets draft in the first round next year, than watson.  

Did you watch the game last night?  His arm strength was fine.  The ball was coming out fast and getting there in a hurry.  I thought his pocket presence was very impressive as well.  Felt the pressure manipulated the pocket well, chose to throw over run.  Had a few where he stood tall and took a hit.  He missed a few throws and had a few dropped but overall, he looked like the same dude that shredded Bama twice in college.  I liked how O'Brien and company designed a friendly game plan too.  Shotgun, role outs and play actions.  Looked like he was running Clemsons offense.  

He surely didn't look like a rookie from my seat.  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Looked like he was running Clemsons offense.  

that's what i didn't like.  you just don't see many qbs in the nfl who are successful running college offenses.  defenses adapt.  i'm not saying he can't be effective.  i just don't see him being anymore than an effective game manager, an alex smith.  of course we jet fans may love this given the crap we've had.  it was a preseason game, he was running all around, and eventually we saw what happened to rg3 when he did that.  

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

that's what i didn't like.  you just don't see many qbs in the nfl who are successful running college offenses.  defenses adapt.  i'm not saying he can't be effective.  i just don't see him being anymore than an effective game manager, an alex smith.  of course we jet fans may love this given the crap we've had.  it was a preseason game, he was running all around, and eventually we saw what happened to rg3 when he did that.  

My assumption is, it was his first ever action and the my destined a game plan to make him comfortable and confident.  

Give a coach who can adjust like that, all day, any day.  Pretty sure could have used it last year when he was called to action. 

Archived