Jets need Sean Payton and Sam Darnold to become next Bill Belechick and Tom Brady

joewilly12

I think the retread previously very successful HC is the next step for the Jets.  Payton fits the bill.

Giving up a number 1 for him is very, very expensive, particularly for where the Jets will be picking.  The Saints should be happy to unload the $9mm/year for a coach that will not go to the playoffs this year.

But the Jets need a coach that will restore some order into the building, and yes he will need a real DC.

15 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Sean Payton is the most over-rated HC in football. Top 3 QB the entire time he is with Saints, only wins 1 championship because Greg Williams D.

This.  The league is moving towards young offensive minds(Gase, mcvie, k shannahan).

We need James Robert Cooter.  Hes turned Matt Stafford into an all pro qb and makes Jim Caldwell look like a real coach.

Sean Payton is old hat.  Hes done.

Give me some Cooter.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Oh, That's simple, his name is not Todd Bowles or Herman Edwards  and he doesn't look like either one of them . 

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm not sure what you mean by Payton not looking like Bowles or Edwards, and I'm almost afraid to ask. :(

Why ask it is transparent and in poor taste.

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Payton with Gregg Williams as DC:  3 seasons; 37-11; 3 seasons with 11+ wins; 3 playoff berths; 1 superbowl win

Paytone w/o Gregg Williams as DC: 7 seasons and 2 games; 57-48; 1 season with 11+ wins; 2 playoff berths; 0 superbowls

At the conclusion of this season Payton will likely have posted his 4th consecutive losing season --- with the most accurate passer in the history of the NFL as his QB.

If he can't win with Brees, why would he win with Darnold?

I agree 110%, that was my poor attempt at sarcasm. 

29 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm not sure what you mean by Payton not looking like Bowles or Edwards, and I'm almost afraid to ask. :(

He means you're a racist if you don't think they're good HCs. It doesn't matter how much hope you had in them or how disappointed you were in how they actually worked out.

5 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Payton with Gregg Williams as DC:  3 seasons; 37-11; 3 seasons with 11+ wins; 3 playoff berths; 1 superbowl win

Paytone w/o Gregg Williams as DC: 7 seasons and 2 games; 57-48; 1 season with 11+ wins; 2 playoff berths; 0 superbowls

At the conclusion of this season Payton will likely have posted his 4th consecutive losing season --- with the most accurate passer in the history of the NFL as his QB.

If he can't win with Brees, why would he win with Darnold?

because it's the JETS!

Let's just put this into perspective for a second the saints look pretty bad right now they are probably in the conversation for the number one pick. If they finish poorly there is a good chance they just drop Payton and he wouldn't cost anyone a pick. Payton has not had much success in the past few years with brees throwing the ball what makes you think that he is going to come to New York with a rookie qb and suddenly become the next Bb. Before anyone puts words in my mouth there is no doubt that he is better than todd Bowles but realistically this guy probably would not be the savior everyone would blow him up to be and within the first year half the forum would be screaming for him to get fired.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, Toua77 said:

Payton is the offensive version of John Fox & Lovie Smith. He knows nothing about the other side of the ball and defers to the expertise of his coordinators. It doesn't work unless you have a crazy good defensive coordinator.

This is one reason I like Bowles. I think he is really trying to learn offensive football, so he can coach the whole team.  Unfortunately, his  effectiveness doing so is as yet unproven.

Archived