Your 2017-2018 New York Knicks Thread--The Unicorn & the French Prince!!!!!

SMC

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/8/2018 at 3:25 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Another April of wondering how the Jets will cock up the top of the draft and crossing my fingers that the Knicks get the top lottery pick. Just as the caterpillar becomes the butterfly, the Spring always delivers such wonders. 

Spring hopes eternal .... or is it the other way around?  Screw it.  It's too cold for spring anyway.

Season is mercifully almost over.  Like you said, there are those 2 traditions of Knicks lottery and Jets drafting a defender in the 1st.  Will this year be different?

At least for you the Mets look good so far.

I want Kidd.  Thought he did an underrated job in Milwaukee they were a 17 win team when he took over he got them to the playoffs the next several seasons and he developed Giannis Antekonompo.  I think him and Frank will be good together

On 4/8/2018 at 3:25 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Another April of wondering how the Jets will cock up the top of the draft and crossing my fingers that the Knicks get the top lottery pick. Just as the caterpillar becomes the butterfly, the Spring always delivers such wonders. 

Knicks will be picking around 8 or 9 again like always while the Lakers and Bulls both get top 3 picks again guy I want is Mykal Bridges long rangy player who can shoot the 3

Perry should try to trade KP see if maybe Spurs give us Kawaii

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I want Kidd.  Thought he did an underrated job in Milwaukee they were a 17 win team when he took over he got them to the playoffs the next several seasons and he developed Giannis Antekonompo.  I think him and Frank will be good together

I want Fizdale.  He's a good coach with a defensive background and a good communicator.  

The problem with Kidd is that he wears out his welcome real quick.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

I want Fizdale.  He's a good coach with a defensive background and a good communicator.  

I think it's safe to say that whoever they hire will wear out their welcome real quick. This is gonna be their 13th coach since Y2K.

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think it's safe to say that whoever they hire will wear out their welcome real quick. This is gonna be their 13th coach since Y2K.

LUCKY 13!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 4/12/2018 at 11:50 AM, SMC said:

You’re higher on Fizdale than I am.  I wouldn’t be unhappy with him and it’s pretty much a lock he gets the job I just thing Kidd has more upside with this roster.  His issue in Milwaukee was he didn’t get along with the GM but apparently Giannis liked him a lot and even asked him if he wanted to lobby the owner to keep him

On 4/12/2018 at 2:45 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Meanwhile Bowles is going to miss the playoffs 4th year in a row and him and Macagnan basically have jobs for life

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Heard you bros we’re gonna hire Mike Woodson again and to that I say, nice.

Wouldn’t mind getting Woodson back he’s a good coach who got blamed unfairly for the Knicks window closing in 2013

Mills/Perry just interviewed Budenholzer, who reportedly wants the job if offered.  Depending on the compensation (he's still under contract), I think he'll be the choice.

Otherwise, the final 4 IMO will be Fiz, Bud, Stack and Blatt.  MOJ already reported that Mark Jackson was an afterthought. 

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So Noah looks like he's doing well.

Getting cut with stretch provision which saves $12 million against the cap.  Guy I want in the draft when we draft 8 is Mikal Bridges from Villanova him and Frank are going to be excellent defense on the perimeter next 10 years

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I'm fine with the Fizdale hire but I want one of the Bridges in the draft either Mikal or Miles.

If they stay at 9, I think one of the Bridges will be a Knick.  They need a 3-D wing who can play multiple positions to fit in with KP and Frank

• 3 weeks later...

ESPN just mocked Mikal Bridges to the Knicks at 9 :)

Knicks should try to trade KP to Phoenix for the #1 pick overall and draft Deandre Ayton.  I’m concerned about Porzingis’s health going forward plus I think he’ll demand a trade next year anyway

• 3 weeks later...

Archived