That was FUN, Jets win \ Fireman Ed returns.

Maxman

10 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Anyone know why he was in 204?   I thought he sat down in 149. 

He used to sit in the lower level. After he stopped doing the chant he moved to the other side, like you said. But he hasn't sat in that section all year. I am not sure why he moved.

20 hours ago, GATA said:

I did it playing around though not trying to be a d*ck. 

I was in 129 and I saw a ton of commotion up my section and 1 over as well. It's the rivalry. 

I sit in 128. There was a young Bills fan that was acting like a knucklehead. There was also another Bills fan who started a fight with a Jets fan sitting near us for no reason. He later apologized.

The Jax game and this one were two of the most energetic Jets crowds I have seen in a long time. There seemed to be a lot of Bills fans at the game. I dont know how Jets fans would not want to see this team play. I know they arent household names. But they are playing tough football with a ton of heart and effort. They are also much better than advertised. Its really fun to watch and last nights game was awesome!!! 

23 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I sit in 128. There was a young Bills fan that was acting like a knucklehead. There was also another Bills fan who started a fight with a Jets fan sitting near us for no reason. He later apologized.

The Jax game and this one were two of the most energetic Jets crowds I have seen in a long time. There seemed to be a lot of Bills fans at the game. I dont know how Jets fans would not want to see this team play. I know they arent household names. But they are playing tough football with a ton of heart and effort. They are also much better than advertised. Its really fun to watch and last nights game was awesome!!! 

Was that one they were chanting "A$$hole" to in the 3rd qt ? 

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

Was that one they were chanting "A$$hole" to in the 3rd qt ? 

Yeah that was probably the one. There is a guy who always sits in my section that gets really into the first down thing and the game in general. Which is great. He is really nice guy. There was this one Bills fan who said stuff to him for no reason so everyone started chanting "a$$hole" and then security came down. He later apologized.

13 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah that was probably the one. There is a guy who always sits in my section that gets really into the first down thing and the game in general. Which is great. He is really nice guy. There was this one Bills fan who said stuff to him for no reason so everyone started chanting "a$$hole" and then security came down. He later apologized.

Ahhhh yea I'm pretty sure I saw that exchange the guard at the end of the stairs by my section told me those sections gets busy with restless fans lol

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Ahhhh yea I'm pretty sure I saw that exchange the guard at the end of the stairs by my section told me those sections gets busy with restless fans lol

lol Yeah I mean from what I have seen for some reason we get some knucklehead opposing fans in our section. This is the first year I have had season tickets in the new stadium. We have quite the cast of characters there though. Its actually a really fun and friendly group. 

24 minutes ago, RSJ said:

lol Yeah I mean from what I have seen for some reason we get some knucklehead opposing fans in our section. This is the first year I have had season tickets in the new stadium. We have quite the cast of characters there though. Its actually a really fun and friendly group

. . . . and slowly, but SURELY, they return to NY JETS' Zion at Metlife after 8 years of diaspora, FINALLY accepting that the Jets DO have a home and that they are received kindly by their own kind and like-minded Brothers and Sisters that also Bleed Green. 

Glad you're enjoying the STH crowd, and Congrats on making the PROPER decision to join the NYJ STH Cult. :D

22 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Add a number 1 WR to that list

maybe, but quincy, kearse, anderson, stewart/hansen plus asj and tomlinson not to mention powell and mcguire should be a pretty good group.  anderson is really showing something with his speed and hands.  he needs a qb who can get the ball out there and the qb needs an oline who can give him time.

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Anyone know the deal behind why Fireman Ed came back?  And is he back permanently?

Generally I can't stand it when 1 fan tries to be "the fan" of a team but I have to say he does do a good job w/ the chant.  If he's back, I just hope he doesn't try to do interviews on WFAN and that type of stuff.  I guess it would be fine if he acts like an anonymous Jet fan outside of the games themselves.

i don't know.  didn't he have a feud with rex.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:39 AM, Maxman said:

That game was fun. Lots of Bills fans all pissed off. Fireman Ed shows up and rocks the house. The chant is so much louder when he does it. Rob and Scott do an amazing job, I like both of those guys --- die-hard Jets fans --- but there is only one Fireman Ed.

The defensive front 7 is starting to come together a bit. Wilkerson is showing signs of life. Lee is showing signs of maturity and Jenkins was very impressive. They still need CB help but the D did a great job against Taylor.

The offense got the job done. As scary as this statement is, they have to keep playing McCown. Not because they will sweep the table, but because he is playing well. Especially when he avoids 1) Interceptions and 2) He stops melting down when the pocket collapses.

Great game for all the coaches and front office. Total team effort today.

Max,

Do you know whether or not he's permanently back? 

On 11/3/2017 at 1:54 AM, Maxman said:

Yeah it is about as excited as you can be with a 38 year old QB. But what gets me pumped is maybe they can get free agency right and do some damage with Cousins next year!

I think Cousins, Smith or even Brees for 3 years & also draft another QB if one drops. What I find funny is other than the Broncos (who are also getting old & expensive), this idea that a free agent QB wouldn't want to come to the Jets is ridiculous. Football players tune into primetime games & the Jets look like a team on the rise. 

Browns? (Losing again),  49ers? (Another team with older players & a losing record), Colts? (Their defense & Oline is horrific). 

So if your a free agent QB & you see what the Jets are building, a better than average D, a 38 year old QB who was 2-22 in Cleveland & has all ready won 4 games, with 3 losses in the 4th quarter, a team that's run for 200 yards a couple of times, 90 million in cap space & an extra 2nd rounder in the 2018 draft, the NY Jets are certainly not the worst choice you could make, in fact, it would probably be high on their list. All 3 of those QBs are competitors that would love nothing more than wrestle the AFC East away from Brady & Belichick.

13 hours ago, redlichtie said:

And it was on National (and for that matter, global)TV...how many times down the years have we been embarrassed in those nationally televised games?

last night was a joy

That was HUGE for the Jets & their fans. It literally took the stink off the team that permeated last years MNF debacle vs the Colts. That game was so bad I couldn't bear to where anything that said NY Jets on it for some time.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I think Cousins, Smith or even Brees for 3 years & also draft another QB if one drops. What I find funny is other than the Broncos (who are also getting old & expensive), this idea that a free agent QB wouldn't want to come to the Jets is ridiculous. Football players tune into primetime games & the Jets look like a team on the rise. 

Browns? (Losing again),  49ers? (Another team with older players & a losing record), Colts? (Their defense & Oline is horrific). 

So if your a free agent QB & you see what the Jets are building, a better than average D, a 38 year old QB who was 2-22 in Cleveland & has all ready won 4 games, with 3 losses in the 4th quarter, a team that's run for 200 yards a couple of times, 90 million in cap space & an extra 2nd rounder in the 2018 draft, the NY Jets are certainly not the worst choice you could make, in fact, it would probably be high on their list. All 3 of those QBs are competitors that would love nothing more than wrestle the AFC East away from Brady & Belichick.

Those are excellent points I did not think of. Brees with the Morton connection makes a lot of sense for both sides. If the Jets do nothing other than resigning their own free agents and Brees they still should have a lot of cap space and and extra 2nd rounder. Plus a young roster on the rise. What would be better for one of these QB's legend than coming here and beating Brady and BB on their way to the AFC title?

Are the Jets getting Fireman Ed back?

Gang Green's most famous fan resurfaced at MetLife Stadium on Thursday night. Is he back for good?
jets_helmet.gif
One of the Jets' most famous fans came out of hiding on Thursday night against the Bills. (Photo: Getty Images)

Could ‘Fireman Ed’ be making a comeback? The superstar New York Jets fan made an impromptu appearance as the leader of the J-E-T-S chant last week, leading to speculation that he will reprise his role as the face of the team’s fanbase.

Two years ago, ‘Fireman Ed’ made a brief comeback, the man known formally on his driver’s license as Ed Anzalone coming back on opening day to lead the infamous J-E-T-S chant on the video boards. This comeback was less planned out, Anzalone this time getting on fans shoulders and leading the chant in an impromptu fashion.

After several times of leading the chant, the in-stadium cameras caught wind of this and found Anzalone in the crowd, leading to a huge cheer at MetLife Stadium. Anzalone then led fans in the chant for the first time in years, the energy of the moment helping to spark the Jets to beat the Buffalo Bills:

Archived