against Miami and he's "shredding" them.  I don't know if this is the game
of his life but he's someone to track going forward:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/545645/kurt-benkert

- Excellent frame
- Mobility inside and outside the pocket.  Throws well on the run
- Strong arm
- Accurate
- Good vision with the ability to look one way and throw the other

He's been on the radars of scouts for the last month or so. He had himself a game yesterday, but a brutal pick 6 (they happen). I have no watched enough of him honestly to give any real assessment. But he is a name that could be rising up boards once combine and senior bowl start coming around.

"While most of the top-rated quarterbacks have failed to meet expectations, Kurt Benkert of Virginia continues to swiftly move up draft boards. The Week 2 riser entered the season literally ignored by scouts but is now receiving some early- to mid-round grades around the league. Expect Benkert to be invited to a major postseason All-Star game (Senior Bowl?) as well as the combine."

http://draftanalyst.com/tuesday-draft-notes-60

Well, this is essentially his 2nd year playing, and his completion percentage this year is 60.4%.

CAREER STATS
SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT RAW QBR ADJ QBR
2017 265 439 2876 60.4 6.55 81 25 8 26 130.5 46.0 52.2
2016 228 406 2552 56.2 6.29 84 21 11 31 120.6 47.2 50.5
2014 8 10 58 80.0 5.80 22 0 1 0 108.7 - -

Started his career at ECU behind Carden with Lincoln Riley (current OK HC) as the OC.  He must have transferred when Riley left to be OK’s OC.

And while there are dozens of QBs that come up as prospects, it doesn’t necessarily mean top prospects.  Several QBs that will get drafted next April could be developmental players sitting behind established starters.

Unfortunately, we never have an established starter so finding a developmental prospect is moot because we can’t answer the question of who is our starter next year, let alone three years from now.

Archived