Are you watching Jax in this Playoff game?

Jet_Engine1

See Blake Bortles?

Thats Josh Allen. Bortles season this year is probably Allens ceiling. Same size, arm strength, athleticism, and erratic and piss poor accuracy. 

The only difference is that in Bortles biggest game at the NCAA level, he managed to beat U of F. 

Allen was horrible against the 2 FBS schools he played against. And No, when Bortles was at UCF, they werent a very good program either. 

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

See Blake Bortles?

Thats Josh Allen. Bortles season this year is probably Allens ceiling. Same size, arm strength, athleticism, and erratic and piss poor accuracy. 

If you think they have the same arm strength you don't know what you're looking at.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I assume this means you think they have similar arm strength.  That is funny. 

Let's also forget one hasn't even gotten to the NFL the other has played 4 seasons.  

They do. Allen has an edge, but its not enough to negate the comparison.

Ill bet you $100 the Bortles comparison will start to be made by the draft "analysts" and pundits on a regular basis. 

Because THATS the comparison as far as actual play. Not Wentz and not Roethlisberger.

Im watching Josh Allen highlights on You Tube and the Playoff game. They are so similar its freaky. The difference is Bortles is struggling against the Buffalo Bills and Allen is throwing against such powerhouses as Utah State, New Mexico, and UNLV....

30 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

See Blake Bortles?

The only difference is that in Bortles biggest game at the NCAA level, he managed to beat U of F. 

Allen was horrible against the 2 FBS schools he played against. And No, when Bortles was at UCF, they werent a very good program either. 

Everyone crying for a top 5 qb, just take a look at bortles ha. Jags are about to make it to the 2nd round with a bad qb. We made it to afc championship game twice with mark Sanchez who was even worse. 

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Not many other reasons to move to Gainesville....lol. I went to the Florida State Fire College down the road in Ocala years ago (and periodically go back for classes). G'ville a fun place to party....

I’ve seen signs for that a few times. Got my car down there in ocala. They have a really good Indian restaurant there which almost killed me in my way back to Gainesville.

Haven’t partied here much, yet. Went to UF - LSU tho and the tailgate was fantastic.

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

They do. Allen has an edge, but its not enough to negate the comparison.

Ill bet you $100 the Bortles comparison will start to be made by the draft "analysts" and pundits on a regular basis. 

Because THATS the comparison as far as actual play. Not Wentz and not Roethlisberger.

Very good.  Now he had a stronger arm but not by much, isn't worth discussing.  Who brought it up? 

Everyone is comparing his physical skills to those 2QBs, especially Ben.  

See Blake Bortles?

So, if he’s the guy to draft let’s take 2-3 years to find out. Is Blake Bortles really any worse than Fitz or McCown?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

23 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

See Blake Bortles?

In fairness, Josh Allen looks like a natural throwing the Football.  Whereas, Blake has outright admitted that throwing the Football isn't natural for him at all.

I think there is something to be said about that but don't deny they look like similar prospects.  

Also, I was at that game, the wind was crazy.  I'm not sure how much you can knock either QB. And Blake had a 5 week run this year where he was playing like the best QB in Football, crazy as that sounds. 

Archived