80's Engagement Mafia - Day 3 (Game Over)

Nolder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2018 at 9:26 AM, The Crusher said:

Lizzie has an extra vote? I thought that was Dice.

Had an extra vote on him

On 1/20/2018 at 2:12 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I kind of hate deadlines, period.  Here we have 15 pages of game thread, where we're mostly just being social, and now we have to rush to a lynch on a weekend.  

Can't we just do away with deadlines entirely?  Or only utilize them when absolutely necessary?  This is JN, we don't need to operate like other places.  

Also, would a random lynch benefit town more than scum?  I would think scum would want to control the lynch even more than a typical game, since even a random lynch to a townie could kill off a scum love too very easily.  

Random lynch could potentially hit two town, though. Odds are already stacked against town for random d1 lynch, but add in the lovers angle and it has the potential to be crippling. Yes, there are two chances to hit scum, but the odds are significantly in favor of it being two town. 

12 players - probably 3 scum. 75% the random is town. If we assumed the best case scenario for town, each scum is paired with a townie (though I still wouldn't assume this is the setup) - you'd have 3 pairs with scum and 3 without. Not sure how balance would play but you could even take guesses as to whether or not PRs and scum would be distributed per lover pairing. So best case you've got 75% townie for the random with a 50/50 shot that the lover death is scum. Seems somewhat intriguing, but the odds of hitting PRs in a game like this is worrisome. You'd also give scum X amount of days (I think someone said 1-4) to plan then bus whoever we're to get hit. Obviously the 1-4 shot that the random is scum would be great, but that's no different that our normal odds.

worst case would be that only one pairing has scum (or none,I guess - just drawing an assumption based off Nolder mentioning mixed alignment lovers). So either 75% and 100% or 75% and 83%.

On 1/20/2018 at 2:32 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that most people around here agreed that random lynch was more often than not bad for Town?

80 trying to subtly push a random lynch is really, really gross.

Almost always, yes. Worth bringing up to discuss though - especially given the lack of gameplay overall thus far

On 1/20/2018 at 2:37 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I guess game mechanics discussion always = scummy in the new JN Mafia?  

Discussing gameplay on D1 used to always get folks in trouble. That and reaching for tells early D1. Not saying it's bad, always thought theorizing mechanics was wise early on, never know if someone will slip up.

feels like Spoot is kind of pushing too hard above. I know from seeing the last page 80 has already revealed and JC claimed lover, not much else. Continuing to catch up

On 1/20/2018 at 3:10 PM, Kaylee said:

random is bad since then we get no info. 

On 1/20/2018 at 3:13 PM, Kaylee said:

It hurts town more in this case. Scum would know if the lynched is town our scum but town wouldn't be privy to that. Since the rules say a random gets no info. 

I clearly skimmed the rules, but add that to my percentages as another notch against random. Odds are bad, no info for town is worse.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:47 PM, Dicetosser said:

vote 80

unless people start telling me that these too dumb to be a wolf type things are indicative of 80 being town. this makes two and is stretching the coincidence too far for me

Didn't someone else bring up something about 80 being too smart for this? Nyn?

On 1/20/2018 at 2:59 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

We'll see.  If I'm correct about scum only being lovers with townies, and not with each other, and there's 3 scum, that would mean there's a 6/12, or 50 % chance, that scum would be hit on a random lynch.  

Granted, that would also mean a 50/50 shot on lynches we control.  But since scum knows which townies aren't paired with them, there's 6 players in particularly they would want dead.  

Circling back to this - you quoted it in the dice "but you repped this" post -

Again, not quite that simple. 75% that a random lynch hits town...at best 50% chance that scum dies a random number of days between 1-4. If it's 3-4 day phases, not a huge deal. They can gamble on their own, set up the team bussing them, lots. Gives power to scum, even in that scenario. The only 100% good scenario would be scum on the first hit.

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You say this.  

Yet you repped this post:

You scum Dice?

Looked like dice explained it away - but regardless this is 80 town style of questioning 

9 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Nice move pushing the deadline back.  I'm available today.  Really don't want to lynch 80 though I understand the logic.  AVM and JiF both look like they disappeared.

It was a weekend, hombre - all but like 5 people got quiet...what makes you name JiF and I?

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm a "Villager" aka Vanilla Town.

My lover is JC.  Lynch me and he dies also 1-4 phases later.  

Believe this, feeling less good about JC

39 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, how is it helpful to Town that you're not telling us who it is?

Don't like. We've already covered that a mass lovers claim is bad, which is what originally got 80 in hot water - now we want to get a second pairing out there?

vote spoot 

1 minute ago, AVM said:

Don't like. We've already covered that a mass lovers claim is bad, which is what originally got 80 in hot water - now we want to get a second pairing out there?

vote spoot 

Are you really comparing 80's "Hey all, let's all shout our Lovers' name aloud at the count of three" to Crusher's "My Lover is deffo Scum, but I won't tell you who it is, even though we're coming up on a deadline tomorrow morning"?

Really?

On 1/20/2018 at 2:12 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I kind of hate deadlines, period.  Here we have 15 pages of game thread, where we're mostly just being social, and now we have to rush to a lynch on a weekend.  

Can't we just do away with deadlines entirely?  Or only utilize them when absolutely necessary?  This is JN, we don't need to operate like other places.  

Also, would a random lynch benefit town more than scum?  I would think scum would want to control the lynch even more than a typical game, since even a random lynch to a townie could kill off a scum love too very easily.  

^ it's only good to get people playing, but forcing a speed lynch ruins the game imo

1 minute ago, AVM said:

vote spoot 

Starting a new train so close to deadline isn't helping. His point was more about Crusher admitting he's ok going down since he, Crush,  thinks his lover is scum. No other info given on the lover, no case. He's instead voting 80. When I asked him for a case, no answer. So I understand Spoot being frustrated there and asking. How else is it even helpful to bring up? If you think you found scum you should be trying to get them lynched. That's playing towards your win con. 

On 1/20/2018 at 2:51 PM, Spoot-Face said:

"Hey guys, instead of trying to find the scummiest person, how about instead we just put our hands in our pockets and play with our genitals while we leave it up to the Random Gods?"

No.

Random lynch is stupid, but he's advocating for the deadline to be removed so I don't think it's scummy

2 hours ago, Kaylee said:

Ill be up an hour before deadline. Still likely to vote tonight. 

Quiet players weigh in! 

@CTM some game thoughts would be nice. What do you think about the fact that Crusher and 80 are now tied as trains? 

I don't have a clue on most people..

80's thrown out some hair brained ideas that make it seem like he's trying to solve the game (but not really). Throwing JC seemed dramatic, what was the point to do that other than to appear town. Plus, he's done this clueless town leader thign before as scum. That being said, I do get the sense that he wanted the deadline extended, which is not scum like. 

Crusher has been opportunist a bit and clamed up like someone put a vegetable on his plate. He does this as scuim, i am comfortable with this as a day 1 deadline vote, but in no way am I certain

Nyn to me over reacted a bit to 80's hair brained plan. I don't really know what that means for her alignment, although i did try a bit to get under her skin because she becomes obvious town when she's town and pissed off.. didn't see that today btw.. would vote her.

Everyone else I have no clue other than you are being very helpful and inquisitive, i can't meta you so i don't know what to think yet but aren't you the little town helper

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m cool with getting lynched. I’m a villager but I think my partner might be scum . 

2 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

this is the second time uve said this i think. But you dont say who ure lover is. There a reason for that?

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

It’s a secret 

1 hour ago, Dicetosser said:

So why do you think your lover is scum? or is that a secret too?

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

He is avoiding my questions. I ****img know he is scum

Man the harpoons!

Not feeling good about 80's game thus far, as I think he could be playing into the "80 being Derp is cute" angle, but I'm reading JC as Townish so far, so not quite ready to take him down as well.

Haven't liked Crusher's game from that first suspicious vote on CTM, to his defensive attitude towards me, to his claiming he's sure his Lover is Scum, but not elaborating on it.

I'm still gonna be up for awhile, so I'm gonna even up the votes for now. Then, all we'll need is Dice and one other person to jump on either train.

2 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

im not sure  i havent got the DL counter up here at work so am not sure what time it is here.

Here, use this Time Zone Converter:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Nolder is at PST, so just use that as the first city/time zone and set it to 5am, then add in your timezone.

Archived