80's Engagement Mafia - Day 3 (Game Over)

Nolder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:
While I don't like 80's reveal suggestion, I'm not about to crucify someone for starting gameplay. And, while I don't like CTM's "overreaction" label and vote on Nyn, it seems too obvious to be scummy this early on.

I could go either Lizzie or Crusher at this point.

vote Lizzie

I took a position by quoting JiF's post earlier and agreed with it. The summary of the post was that it was too early in the game to know all of the mechanics, and that it didn't feel right to reveal so soon. I don't think 80 is necessarily being scummy though, just derp.

15 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

Hi nyn!

you Town hun?

and btw Hardclaim Town Doublevoter

Simple enough, for now

13 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote, vote AVM.

Call it a hunch.

Figured that would come across as overly helpful townie, wondered who would be the first to jump

9 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

Nope it doesnt vet me alignment wise. I AM town and i never have seen this role as scum  (have you? thatd be interesting to see) What i was saying is that im basically modconfirmed   or should be   a doublevoter. 

I think we've had it as scum before - hard to remember but we've certainly had extra vote abilities as scum.  Agreed that it's highly, highly unlikely you're not a double voter -- if you were scum with another power role (or scum with a teammate that had a role) it would be difficult to not accidentally out yourself later.  There would be ways to explain it away but you'd still likely end up lynched with this crowd.

Either way, it'll play itself out now.

38 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Nice to meet you.

Any actual thoughts to share beyond dice's claim?

Not a ton to go on outside of the couple of heavily discussed items - 80's mass reveal talk and the reactions to it, but from who does have something here goes:

80 - his suggestion and defense of the suggestion came across as townie 80, to me.  Adding the second line to the post you pointed out doesn't move the needle one way or another and I think I'm leaning town overall.  Considering it was just a full second sentence, it bothers me less than if something were edited.  The vote on Crush was the most meh thing he's done thus far and does seem weird.

You (Nyn, in case this is quoted later) - The "let's string 80 up" comment - and I'm paraphrasing - was meh, but the rest of the conversation I felt was warranted.  80 is a popular D1 lynch along with folks like Pac so any comments like that come across worse than it would if someone had said it about a difficult D1 lynch like Crush - it could be opportunistic.  Neutral-ish at worst read overall though, provided some of the most meaningful content in the game thus far.

JC - Appears to be thinking/explaining his thoughts very well.  I used to have notes on thinking him announcing things were "very townie posts" being a tell one way or the other but I can't recall which.  Don't really have a problem with his vote on me given the lack of information to go on if you feel good about you and 80, which he's claimed he does.

Spoot - The realization that Lizzie had an extra vote seemed rather genuine - kept unofficial track, added his and I guess figured Nol had counted correctly (or that he himself had made a mistake copy/pasting? IDK).  I tried imagining a scenario where he posts it and a scum QT notices there is an extra vote or something, have him bring it up when Nol makes the official vote but I feel like scum would want to go ahead and bring it up before that 3rd vote.  And it feels like I'm stretching too much to even get to that place.  I think I lean town.

Kaylee - Questioned why Dice voted and "outed" himself at some point.  Struck me as townish - not a ton to go on but I'd probably put her #2 behind dice in terms of who I feel great about

Just not a lot else to go on at this point and I'm going on and on about maybe 10 total posts with the above, so...eh.  

@AVM i actually think that 80 is very intelligent and some of the things he's said so far are really hard to swallow from that mindset. Which makes me think he's doing it on purpose. And I don't see the angle of that from  a town pov.

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Lizzie same question

I FoS anyone who is goofing around in the thread. We are trying to find scum and this is a very serious situation.

Honestly? I'm not sure right now about anything. I have nothing heavy to add that hasn't been said. I think on balance, the 80 philosophy did a good job garnering discussion, but I don't know that the idea itself was good. I've already said this though. I got nothing.

5 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Maybe I am over estimating him but... i think he's a smart cookie over all

No longer the wild and crazy player he once was...now one of JN's best players in the past year or two...definitely learned to mix up his play styles...

6 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

@AVM i actually think that 80 is very intelligent and some of the things he's said so far are really hard to swallow from that mindset. Which makes me think he's doing it on purpose. And I don't see the angle of that from  a town pov.

My thoughts were legitimate.  I actually felt a mass claim would be beneficial to town, and still don't really see how it wouldn't be, but was willing to shut up about it and let things play out.  

Archived