80's Engagement Mafia - Day 3 (Game Over)

Nolder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Strongest town reads:  Nyn, JiF, JC, AVM.  All are putting good thoughts/votes into the game.  Might be willing to put Kaylee in this pile too, except I haven't played with her a ton.  

Lizzie is being lucid again, which always scares me.  

What do you like from AVM?

With deadline being tomorrow we should come to an agreement and achieve a lynch. I'm frustrated that at this point i still don't know who to vote. So in hopes of changing that let's discuss. 

Current trains are Nyn, CTM, and Crusher. I still have a town read on Nyn and Spoot and to a lesser degree Dice. I won't be voting those 3. 

As for CTM I can't seem to get a read on and I haven't seen anything from Crusher that has me leaning one way or another either. 

@Crusher @CTM Why shouldn't you be the lynch? 

Everyone else: who should be the lynch and why?

5 minutes ago, Kaylee said:

With deadline being tomorrow we should come to an agreement and achieve a lynch. I'm frustrated that at this point i still don't know who to vote. So in hopes of changing that let's discuss. 

Current trains are Nyn, CTM, and Crusher. I still have a town read on Nyn and Spoot and to a lesser degree Dice. I won't be voting those 3. 

As for CTM I can't seem to get a read on and I haven't seen anything from Crusher that has me leaning one way or another either. 

@Crusher @CTM Why shouldn't you be the lynch? 

Everyone else: who should be the lynch and why?

Other than the fact Im town?

19 hours ago, AVM said:

Not a ton to go on outside of the couple of heavily discussed items - 80's mass reveal talk and the reactions to it, but from who does have something here goes:

80 - his suggestion and defense of the suggestion came across as townie 80, to me.  Adding the second line to the post you pointed out doesn't move the needle one way or another and I think I'm leaning town overall.  Considering it was just a full second sentence, it bothers me less than if something were edited.  The vote on Crush was the most meh thing he's done thus far and does seem weird.

You (Nyn, in case this is quoted later) - The "let's string 80 up" comment - and I'm paraphrasing - was meh, but the rest of the conversation I felt was warranted.  80 is a popular D1 lynch along with folks like Pac so any comments like that come across worse than it would if someone had said it about a difficult D1 lynch like Crush - it could be opportunistic.  Neutral-ish at worst read overall though, provided some of the most meaningful content in the game thus far.

JC - Appears to be thinking/explaining his thoughts very well.  I used to have notes on thinking him announcing things were "very townie posts" being a tell one way or the other but I can't recall which.  Don't really have a problem with his vote on me given the lack of information to go on if you feel good about you and 80, which he's claimed he does.

Spoot - The realization that Lizzie had an extra vote seemed rather genuine - kept unofficial track, added his and I guess figured Nol had counted correctly (or that he himself had made a mistake copy/pasting? IDK).  I tried imagining a scenario where he posts it and a scum QT notices there is an extra vote or something, have him bring it up when Nol makes the official vote but I feel like scum would want to go ahead and bring it up before that 3rd vote.  And it feels like I'm stretching too much to even get to that place.  I think I lean town.

Kaylee - Questioned why Dice voted and "outed" himself at some point.  Struck me as townish - not a ton to go on but I'd probably put her #2 behind dice in terms of who I feel great about

Just not a lot else to go on at this point and I'm going on and on about maybe 10 total posts with the above, so...eh.  

Lizzie has an extra vote? I thought that was Dice.

23 hours ago, Lizard King said:

I took a position by quoting JiF's post earlier and agreed with it. The summary of the post was that it was too early in the game to know all of the mechanics, and that it didn't feel right to reveal so soon. I don't think 80 is necessarily being scummy though, just derp.

What reveal is he referring too? Dice had to do something ebcause its obvious he is a double voter.

23 hours ago, Lizard King said:

I really don't have anyone I want to vote yet, nothing is jumping out.

Basically not taking a side.

17 hours ago, Lizard King said:

I FoS anyone who is goofing around in the thread. We are trying to find scum and this is a very serious situation.

Honestly? I'm not sure right now about anything. I have nothing heavy to add that hasn't been said. I think on balance, the 80 philosophy did a good job garnering discussion, but I don't know that the idea itself was good. I've already said this though. I got nothing.

So FOS people goofing around in thread? Seriously? Basically still not sticking to his guns on nothing. His response is a giant "I don't know"

17 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Feeling good about Lizzie's response after my vote, so I'm gonna take it off him for now.

unvote

vote Crusher

Yet, Spoot feels better about Lizzie after Lizzie said nothing. Really would like to know what made you feel better about him.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

What reveal is he referring too? Dice had to do something ebcause its obvious he is a double voter.

So FOS people goofing around in thread? Seriously? Basically still not sticking to his guns on nothing. His response is a giant "I don't know"

Yet, Spoot feels better about Lizzie after Lizzie said nothing. Really would like to know what made you feel better about him.

I like this post. Interested in the response. 

I kind of hate deadlines, period.  Here we have 15 pages of game thread, where we're mostly just being social, and now we have to rush to a lynch on a weekend.  

Can't we just do away with deadlines entirely?  Or only utilize them when absolutely necessary?  This is JN, we don't need to operate like other places.  

Also, would a random lynch benefit town more than scum?  I would think scum would want to control the lynch even more than a typical game, since even a random lynch to a townie could kill off a scum love too very easily.  

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

He didn't get defensive. Simple as that. Like I said, I'm okay with his response. For now.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I kind of hate deadlines, period.  Here we have 15 pages of game thread, where we're mostly just being social, and now we have to rush to a lynch on a weekend.  

Can't we just do away with deadlines entirely?  Or only utilize them when absolutely necessary?

Also, would a random lynch benefit town more than scum?  I would think scum would want to control the lynch even more than a typical game, since even a random lynch to a townie could kill off a scum love too very easily.  

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that most people around here agreed that random lynch was more often than not bad for Town?

80 trying to subtly push a random lynch is really, really gross.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that most people around here agreed that random lynch was more often than not bad for Town?

80 trying to subtly push a random lynch is really, really gross.

I love how we have a totally unique setup we've never seen before, but people jump down my throat when I suggest something outside the box.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I love how we have a totally unique setup we've never seen before, but people jump down my throat when I suggest something outside the box.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I guess game mechanics discussion always = scummy in the new JN Mafia?  

Because there's a fine line between suggesting an innocent question and subtly pushing a scummy agenda. And you, sir, have proven as of late that you are verrrrryyyyy good at walking that line as scum.

unvote

vote 80

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Because there's a fine line between suggesting an innocent question and subtly pushing a scummy agenda. And you, sir, have proven as of late that you are verrrrryyyyy good at walking that line as scum.

unvote

vote 80

lol.  There was nothing subtle about it.  I asked a question about whether it would be beneficial for us to have a random lynch  Rather than deciding to talk about it, you jumped to an immediate, kneejerk, and incorrect conclusion.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  There was nothing subtle about it.  I asked a question about whether it would be beneficial for us to have a random lynch  Rather than deciding to talk about it, you jumped to an immediate, kneejerk, and incorrect conclusion.  

"Hey guys, instead of trying to find the scummiest person, how about instead we just put our hands in our pockets and play with our genitals while we leave it up to the Random Gods?"

No.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

"Hey guys, instead of trying to find the scummiest person, how about instead we just put our hands in our pockets and play with our genitals while we leave it up to the Random Gods?"

No.

"Hey guys, since the deadline is on a Sunday at midnight, and we've had a lot of random lynches in JN games when idiotic deadlines are set, let's discuss the merits or downside of a random lynch, to see whether it's worth it to potentially out a cop or doc."

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I maintain it's very possible that a random lynch potentially hurts scum more than town, if it comes to that.  Did you even consider the question?  No.  You said "Random lynch.  Always bad.  80 scum."

Caveman.  

Yes, it's possible, but the numbers indicate that it's most likely going to hit a Townie, and, because there's still more Town than Scum, their Lover is most likely going to be Town as well. Add in Scum's NK tonight, plus their Lover, and we're lookin at a net loss of 4 Townies.

And it's "Captain Caveman", to you!

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yes, it's possible, but the numbers indicate that it's most likely going to hit a Townie, and, because there's still more Town than Scum, their Lover is most likely going to be Town as well. Add in Scum's NK tonight, plus their Lover, and we're lookin at a net loss of 4 Townies.

And it's "Captain Caveman", to you!

giphy.gif

We'll see.  If I'm correct about scum only being lovers with townies, and not with each other, and there's 3 scum, that would mean there's a 6/12, or 50 % chance, that scum would be hit on a random lynch.  

Granted, that would also mean a 50/50 shot on lynches we control.  But since scum knows which townies aren't paired with them, there's 6 players in particularly they would want dead.  

Archived