80's Engagement Mafia - Day 3 (Game Over)

Nolder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/21/2018 at 10:09 AM, The Crusher said:

I know Im a current train. But for no reason  except I posed early in the game. I voted 80 he voted me later. I voted CTM he voted me later. Spoot jumped from Lizzie to me because of a “ feeling” he represented as some goofy epiphany he came to after reading three posts of Lizzie that said nothing. So jump on my train and lynch a townie too. I will got 80, CTM or Spoot. Good news is if you guys do vote me off I think it’s very possible my partner is scum. So that’s nice. 

So let me do this if it helps ...

unvote vote 80

Looks like this is the first post of Crushlove mentioning his lover being scum.

On 1/21/2018 at 12:33 PM, Jetscode1 said:

^^^scummy vote^^^

On 1/21/2018 at 12:34 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote, vote Crusher

On 1/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, Jetscode1 said:

It was a little early for a self-preservation vote plus Crusher never gets lynched Day 1 and I mean never.

On 1/21/2018 at 6:22 PM, Jetscode1 said:

FWIW I'll confirm I'm 80s lover.  

JC coming across town.  Only posting this because he was my #1 coming into day break.  Gives me a little pause on my scum read.

On 1/21/2018 at 8:01 PM, The Crusher said:

I’m cool with getting lynched. I’m a villager but I think my partner might be scum . 

On 1/21/2018 at 8:46 PM, The Crusher said:

It’s a secret 

On 1/21/2018 at 9:03 PM, Dicetosser said:

So why do you think your lover is scum? or is that a secret too?

On 1/21/2018 at 9:13 PM, The Crusher said:

He is avoiding my questions. I ****img know he is scum

Not really helpful dialogue from Crusher.  It has a "quick, look over there" as Crusher steals a chicken finger off of your plate, type of feel to it.

On 1/21/2018 at 10:14 PM, Kaylee said:

Starting a new train so close to deadline isn't helping. His point was more about Crusher admitting he's ok going down since he, Crush,  thinks his lover is scum. No other info given on the lover, no case. He's instead voting 80. When I asked him for a case, no answer. So I understand Spoot being frustrated there and asking. How else is it even helpful to bring up? If you think you found scum you should be trying to get them lynched. That's playing towards your win con. 

Like this post.  Had the same thought in my catch up as I was reading AVM.

On 1/21/2018 at 10:23 PM, CTM said:

I don't have a clue on most people..

80's thrown out some hair brained ideas that make it seem like he's trying to solve the game (but not really). Throwing JC seemed dramatic, what was the point to do that other than to appear town. Plus, he's done this clueless town leader thign before as scum. That being said, I do get the sense that he wanted the deadline extended, which is not scum like. 

Crusher has been opportunist a bit and clamed up like someone put a vegetable on his plate. He does this as scuim, i am comfortable with this as a day 1 deadline vote, but in no way am I certain

Nyn to me over reacted a bit to 80's hair brained plan. I don't really know what that means for her alignment, although i did try a bit to get under her skin because she becomes obvious town when she's town and pissed off.. didn't see that today btw.. would vote her.

Everyone else I have no clue other than you are being very helpful and inquisitive, i can't meta you so i don't know what to think yet but aren't you the little town helper

On 1/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, CTM said:

crusher should be the lynch based on these posts alone

CTM pointing out the gross Crusher posts...

22 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Top three scum reads:

Crusher

Dice

AVM

This was weird but then explained a little...

21 hours ago, The Crusher said:

It’s Lizzie. I caught him in post four in our Qt.  Can’t show you that honey. But I did. He know he is caught so now he is coming Full omgus. 

And then this is where they reveal.

The I caught him in the QT is a tough sell.

19 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Exactly. So in other words, you're floating this idea out that I'm scum dead to rights, because you know there's no way to disprove your claim.

This is a good point

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would he try to kill you off as scum?  If you die, he dies.  Scum wouldn't be willing to do a 1:1 deal on D1.  

You shouldn't be fighting this that much.

...but this might be better. 

19 hours ago, Lizard King said:

That's not necessarily true. The odds stay almost the same in scum favor if he gets a guaranteed town kill. Town has 3/12 (25%) probability of hitting scum on D1, but on D2, after town dies at night, there is a 3/10 probability (30%). Minimal change in odds for a guaranteed kill. In this game, scum should be actively pushing for their lovers dying early on, and then leave it in the hands of town to kill the rest of itself off.

This doesnt make sense to me.

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thus, resolving Lizzie/Crusher is the # 1 goal for me today.  I don't want to rush either but I also don't want to risk another random, given the no information policy. 

Hmmmm....dont love this.  Crusher doesnt really have anything other than what he claims is in the QT.  I dont see this as a park here until we figure this out sort of situation.  There is still scum hunting to do.

What if they're both town?  This day would be wasted.

You've throwing out faulty logic all game.  It's kind of your thing but it's almost getting overboard.  Not sure you would be this overtly obtuse as scum though. 

So after my catch up:

AVM, 80, JC are all in my line of sight.

If I'm trying to take sides between Lizzie and Crushlove, I'm leaning Crushlove here.  I dont really see why he'd push this agenda unless he was confident he had scum.  I'm not trusting it because it's flimsy as hell but I dont see Crusher doing this as scum.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

So after my catch up:

AVM, 80, JC are all in my line of sight.

If I'm trying to take sides between Lizzie and Crushlove, I'm leaning Crushlove here.  I dont really see why he'd push this agenda unless he was confident he had scum.  I'm not trusting it because it's flimsy as hell but I dont see Crusher doing this as scum.

Crusher has insider information though.  He's scumhunting within the QT too.  We can't really determine if that's flimsy evidence or not because the rules say he has to keep that private.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Crusher has insider information though.  He's scumhunting within the QT too.  We can't really determine if that's flimsy evidence or not because the rules say he has to keep that private.  

You're taking the word of someone about something going on in a private thread.  You cant see this thread and have no clue what was said.  It's literally he said vs. she said.  It's the flimsiest sh*t ever from a case perspective and you're doubling down on it because of "insider information"?

Like, what?

Just now, JiF said:

You're taking the word of someone about something going on in a private thread.  You cant see this thread and have no clue what was said.  It's literally he said vs. she said.  It's the flimsiest sh*t ever from a case perspective and you're doubling down on it because of "insider information"?

Like, what?

If Crusher believes it, who are we to argue?  It's the towniest thing he can do.  So if we can trust Crusher is town, and he has very good reason to believe his lover is scum, that's not "flimsy".

Can you provide some reasons you think AVM and JC are scum?  You've already given your reasons for suspecting me.  If you have something more than what Crusher has on Lizzie, that would be good.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Crusher believes it, who are we to argue?  It's the towniest thing he can do.  So if we can trust Crusher is town, and he has very good reason to believe his lover is scum, that's not "flimsy".

Can you provide some reasons you think AVM and JC are scum?  You've already given your reasons for suspecting me.  If you have something more than what Crusher has on Lizzie, that would be good.  

I'm town trying to figure out the game and I dont take anyone's word for anything.  I mean, you cant argue with someone presenting evidence nobody can verify?  Bro, you're out doing yourself on faulty logic right now.  Especially when you consider the fashion in that Crusher shared this info.  If he had caught in his 4th post of the QT, why not bring it up yesterday? 

JC - most his D1 play to me was strange.  I didnt like his logic when he picked between me and CTM.  I didnt like his pushiness toward the deadline even though he sprinkled in some town posts.  

AVM - seems to be going through the motions and that vote on Spoot was disgusting. 

Nothing else has been overly damning maybe Lizzie's top 3 out of nowhere.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also, Lizzie's OMGUS reaction to Crusher's FOS on-thread was very clear to see.  

Agreed. See above but still, I'm having a hard time parking here when everything we are going off is sh*t we can verify or see.  

And if you were Lizzy, wouldnt you go OMGUS on your lover calling you scum based on something that happened in a QT?  Not to defend Lizzie, I see your point but I think I would do the same thing.

I havent even voted yet because I'm consulting my partner in the QT.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Agreed. See above but still, I'm having a hard time parking here when everything we are going off is sh*t we can verify or see.  

And if you were Lizzy, wouldnt you go OMGUS on your lover calling you scum based on something that happened in a QT?  Not to defend Lizzie, I see your point but I think I would do the same thing.

I havent even voted yet because I'm consulting my partner in the QT.

JC won't talk to me at all, so I'm lone wolfing this thing.  

Could be town-on-town violence with Crusher-Lizzie.  If Lizzie had shown up in time to vote, and NOT voted Crusher out of self-preservation, that would have been telling.  But he wasn't here so we'll never know....

OK.  Unvote

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We can't. Only sum knows. That's why we can't just take it at his word. Do I believe he thinks his lover is scum? It's more likely since he seems earnest about it. However if my lover thought they had something one me, and I knew being town they were wrong, then I'd be arguing that they were wrong. Wouldn't necessarily think it made them scum, just wrong. 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm town trying to figure out the game and I dont take anyone's word for anything.  I mean, you cant argue with someone presenting evidence nobody can verify?  Bro, you're out doing yourself on faulty logic right now.  Especially when you consider the fashion in that Crusher shared this info.  If he had caught in his 4th post of the QT, why not bring it up yesterday? 

JC - most his D1 play to me was strange.  I didnt like his logic when he picked between me and CTM.  I didnt like his pushiness toward the deadline even though he sprinkled in some town posts.  

AVM - seems to be going through the motions and that vote on Spoot was disgusting. 

Nothing else has been overly damning maybe Lizzie's top 3 out of nowhere.

I like these recent posts from JiF. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If either Crusher or Lizzie are scum, it's far more likely to be Lizzie.  It would not be a brilliant scum play for Crusher to go after his teammate without any provocation, knowing he could die as early as D2/N2.  Scum would not aggressively go after a 1:1 deal that hard.

I don't disagree, but that doesn't make Lizzie scum - just means Crush is convinced he is.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think JC is town so I'm not quite willing to lay down today.  But there are worse lynches than me since I'm vanilla, aka "Villager".

Because of his reaction to and around your train, his general posts, what?

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This was weird but then explained a little...

And then this is where they reveal.

The I caught him in the QT is a tough sell.

I feel like Crush has done this before, as town, on a game I modded.  Setting that aside though this seems like town-Crush -- but again, doesn't make Lizzie scum.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Hmmmm....dont love this.  Crusher doesnt really have anything other than what he claims is in the QT.  I dont see this as a park here until we figure this out sort of situation.  There is still scum hunting to do.

What if they're both town?  This day would be wasted.

You've throwing out faulty logic all game.  It's kind of your thing but it's almost getting overboard.  Not sure you would be this overtly obtuse as scum though. 

Agree, don't want to waste the day focusing on them.  However - a lot of times we'll park issues that can be resolved with a cop, which we lost.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

So what is this proof Crusher has.

Why weren't we told what CTM was?  Some lame additional punishment because we didn't come to a consensus on a lynch?

Random lynch doesn't reveal information, typically..

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JC won't talk to me at all, so I'm lone wolfing this thing.  

Could be town-on-town violence with Crusher-Lizzie.  If Lizzie had shown up in time to vote, and NOT voted Crusher out of self-preservation, that would have been telling.  But he wasn't here so we'll never know....

OK.  Unvote

Only JC claims he was in thread.  He has a perfectly viable excuse, though - and I wasn't here either so I can't really talk.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I am? My QT has 6 post. I simply ask Lizzie if he was scum. He made a joke and never asked me if I was. I decided to toss it out here to see if anyone would bite. Got you? 

8 minutes ago, AVM said:

I don't disagree, but that doesn't make Lizzie scum - just means Crush is convinced he is.

Because of his reaction to and around your train, his general posts, what?

I feel like Crush has done this before, as town, on a game I modded.  Setting that aside though this seems like town-Crush -- but again, doesn't make Lizzie scum.

Agree, don't want to waste the day focusing on them.  However - a lot of times we'll park issues that can be resolved with a cop, which we lost.

Random lynch doesn't reveal information, typically..

Only JC claims he was in thread.  He has a perfectly viable excuse, though - and I wasn't here either so I can't really talk.

I have no idea if Lizzie is scum. I just thought it was odd that he never asked me if I was scum. So Tossed it into the thread to see if anyone would bite on it. Call scum hunting kids. Crushlove  bringing scum hunting back to JN mafia . Is it Even day yet? 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This reaks.

Just now, The Crusher said:

I have no idea if Lizzie is scum. I just thought it was odd that he never asked me if I was scum. So Intissed it into the thread to see if anyone would bite on it. Call scum hunting kids. Crushlove  bringing scum hunting back to JN mafia . Is it Even day yet? 

What would be the point?

Archived