80's Engagement Mafia - Day 3 (Game Over)

Nolder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean that was a fun ruse and all but it's pretty hilarious to think I got "trapped" by that.  Getting play going and for people to bite is fine, but since we can't see what is going on in the QT, I hardly see how that makes me look bad.

Whatevs.  I get it, I'm getting votes because of my play cumulatively to this point.  I hope JC is scum.  

Let's talk about Nyn, instead.  Said folks were underestimating how good you were at the game, seemed 100% sold you're scum...and she turns up dead.

Who would you propose set you up to look bad there?

55 minutes ago, AVM said:

Let's talk about Nyn, instead.  Said folks were underestimating how good you were at the game, seemed 100% sold you're scum...and she turns up dead.

Why does it have to be a setup?  Maybe scum thought she was a power role, and nailed it?  Have you considered that?

If you guys are gonna rip on me for setup talk all game, I should be able to rip you here for trying to guess who would NK a player.  100 % of the time that's proven to be a fruitless endeavour.  But I won't, because I <3 you.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why does it have to be a setup?  Maybe scum thought she was a power role, and nailed it?  Have you considered that?

If you guys are gonna rip on me for setup talk all game, I should be able to rip you here for trying to guess who would NK a player.  100 % of the time that's proven to be a fruitless endeavour.  But I won't, because I <3 you.  

we've used that at DM successfully before. Not me personally but have seen it successful. It takes really knowing the player and how they think. Also has to be taken with a grain of salt cuz you'd have to figure in scum motives. *shrug* 

Just saying it has worked. Just as likely here it's as you said scum thought she could be a power role. 

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

Nyn, Town Cop, has been killed

son of a bitch.

3 hours ago, AVM said:

I don't want to edit the previous question - but it more feels like a "eh, better than whatever else we're voting on" with bonus points if he ended up scum and hopeful to see who would jump?

For what it's worth after a bunch of nonsense the first real thing my lover and I asked each other was if we were scum or third party

me and mine haven't but our qt while having a fair few posts isn't exactly deep and trusting  its fairly obvious that I don't trust lovers

3 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Maybe I'm dense, and it could certainly be argued as such, but I don't see why anyone would expect an honest answer to that question.

because the person answering IS town? theyd answer honestly. Also you might be able to toneread their answer  but itd be very hard especially if they just say no.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean that was a fun ruse and all but it's pretty hilarious to think I got "trapped" by that.  Getting play going and for people to bite is fine, but since we can't see what is going on in the QT, I hardly see how that makes me look bad.

Whatevs.  I get it, I'm getting votes because of my play cumulatively to this point.  I hope JC is scum.  

Werent you the one Jif was just saying this too??

1 hour ago, AVM said:

I had these thoughts too

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I knew. And im totally sitting here trying to work out who else might have known to try and find the killer cause I remember her being after you so that's one motivation for killing her   from you or jc   but otherwise she wasn't very active  she wasn't pointing out a ton of scummy behaviours   ie I don't think she was having one of her "ive found most of the scum D1" games so im thinking someone worked it out.

4 minutes ago, Kaylee said:

Unofficial Vote Count

80 (5 ) - Lizard, JiF, AVM, Crusher, Spoot

80 IS AT L-1

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Can we please slow down a bit? lets not rush the day. I wont be hammering at this point

lets look at others

@Lizard King

you named me AVM and crush as scummy right? Why? reasons for me and avm please

1 hour ago, Kaylee said:

Let's not rush this. More discussion is helpful. 

I still don't like 80 or JC so seeing lynch isn't bad in my opinion. 

If anyone hasn't stated thoughts please do it now! 

1 hour ago, Dicetosser said:

Can we please slow down a bit? lets not rush the day. I wont be hammering at this point

lets look at others

@Lizard King

you named me AVM and crush as scummy right? Why? reasons for me and avm please

Fine.

unvote

4 hours ago, AVM said:

vote 80 -

Add Nyn's death as another black mark against him

But while we're doing that -- seriously, if you think asking the question is silly then fine.  I don't really disagree, because the odds of a lie detector are exceedingly low...but not answering because you think it's a silly question is just dumb.  There is literally zero downside to saying you're not scum/third party (especially in a QT) if you're town.

I actually have no problem taking issue with being asked or someone volunteering the information because it feels like posturing...but otherwise I don't get the outrage.

Archived