Bucky Brooks Mock: Jets go...

jgb

On 1/26/2018 at 10:24 AM, jgb said:

Macc is either a hero or on the street this time next year. He will either land a big name FA QB or will pick one in the draft. All or nothing for him this offseason.

I like Mayfield too. Or course, I also liked Manziel...

I don't see the Manziel equation. Just because a guy is outspoken doesn't make him a punk like Manziel was. Joe Namath was a heavy drinker and carouser, so I won't hold it against Mayfield if he parties a little bit. Bobby Layne won a championship with Detroit and he was a hard partyer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/27/2018 at 1:21 AM, BigO said:

He just received a 2 year extension. It’s pretty much a given he’s been told to get a QB one way or the other. So I believe if by 2019 the team hasn’t significantly improved, he’s then a goner. Bowles, on the other hand, not so sure. If after the 2018 season, Bowles hasn’t improved his coaching methods etc, Mac will get to pick his own QB in 2019. 

Extension won't save macc if he flunks at getting a QB this offseason.

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't understand this.  Wasn't hackenburg a big 2nd round risk?  And Lee was a questionable 1st round pick too.  The only slam dunks in rd 1 were Leo and Adams. 

In fairness Lee was on a lot of boards right where the Jets took him so in Maccs mind it was a no risk pick.

Regarding Hack it has been reported how much the Jets braintrust loved his measurables.

I dont think they saw the risk everone else saw. Just dumb.

Where he seems really riskophobic is when a move up deal is needed to jump up and get a guy.

14 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

In fairness Lee was on a lot of boards right where the Jets took him so in Maccs mind it was a no risk pick.

Regarding Hack it has been reported how much the Jets braintrust loved his measurables.

I dont think they saw the risk everone else saw. Just dumb.

Where he seems really riskophobic is when a move up deal is needed to jump up and get a guy.

Almost seems that he grabs whoever drops and has the most perceived value at the draft slot. It's worked out okay but if you want a QB you gotta be bold and over-reach beyond the consensus in the first round.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

I don't see the Manziel equation. Just because a guy is outspoken doesn't make him a punk like Manziel was. Joe Namath was a heavy drinker and carouser, so I won't hold it against Mayfield if he parties a little bit. Bobby Layne won a championship with Detroit and he was a hard partyer

If we're going back to an era where Detroit won a championship in football then we must be talking about quite a while ago. :) 

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Here’s how I’d approach this if I were Macc:

I’d tell Todd that we were 100% drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick. I’d bring in Fitzpatrick two, three times for interviews. I’d ask Todd to host the Fitzpatrick family at his house on the night of each interview. I’d send them to a Broadway show together. I’d fire up Netflix in my office during an interview and we’d all watch one of those Kevin Hart standup specials and we’d all laugh our asses off. I’d order one of those 23andMe DNA test things and fake the results so that they show Todd and Minkah are distant relatives. Then when the day of the draft came, I’d carry a peach in my pocket and when it came my turn to pick, I’d pull out the peach and start eating it. Todd would, no doubt, have leaked to Josina Anderson that we were picking Fitzpatrick, so the ESPN and NFLN cameras would be locked in on Minkah and Todd pointing at each other and laughing and sh*t. But I’d just be eating away at that peach. Fourteen minutes left, I’m eating that peach. Ten minutes, eating that peach. Nine, eight, six. Peach, peach, peach. Sloppy-style, too. Juice dripping all over the card table, onto the card where I wrote the name of the player I’m picking. Albert Breer would be tweeting “It’s Minkah Fitzpatrick” and, like, 26% of the fanbase would be all pumped up. With one minute left, I’d be done with the peach and I’d stare at Todd—stare him straight in the eye, and I’d start sucking that sweet peach juice off my fingers, one by one, making a real show of it. NFLN would be running the Fitzpatrick highlight package. Mel Kiper will have said “versatility” roughly thirty times in the past fourteen minutes. When I got to sucking the juice off my pointer finger, I’d say, “Todd...” (and I’d stick my thumb in my mouth to get the last of the peach juice) “Todd, number one...” and there’d be 15 seconds left “F%ck you and your safeties.” Then I’d use the card where I wrote Fitzpatrick’s name to wipe the peach juice from my chin and, with five seconds left, I’d draft Baker Mayfield.

dhMeAzK.gif&sp=fec8569115f8d0432ad705f09

I'd normally accuse any other poster of having "too much time" on their hands, and of having wasted a good half hour on that post. But for some reason, I have a feeling that for T0m it just kind of rolls off his trolling fingers with ease like they were lubed with chicken drumstick grease. And for future reference T0m, story was legit amazing and believable except one aspect. You're a poster on JetNation, clearly that makes you a fatty too. First off, fatties don't eat fruits and vegetables (hawaiian pizza doesn't count you chunka munkas). Second, if for some freak reason they did, it wouldn't take a behemoth from here that long to finish one dang peach. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Given that it's been like pulling teeth to draft offense, let alone a franchise QB - hearing Mayfield's name called when we make a selection would be akin to Arnie's battle cry in Predator

Amazing and in some odd, unexplainable way.. arousing? 

On 1/26/2018 at 10:24 AM, jgb said:

Macc is either a hero or on the street this time next year. He will either land a big name FA QB or will pick one in the draft. All or nothing for him this offseason.

I like Mayfield too. Or course, I also liked Manziel...

No he won’t. Even if he gets a prospect QB, Bowles won’t play him so it will have no bearing on Mac either way. McClown will be resigned and will play as last year or until he gets injured.  Mac is going nowhere other than to the coffee shop. ☕️ 

On 1/26/2018 at 6:25 PM, T0mShane said:

I’d tell Todd that we were 100% drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick. I’d bring in Fitzpatrick two, three times for interviews. I’d ask Todd to host the Fitzpatrick family at his house on the night of each interview. I’d send them to a Broadway show together. I’d fire up Netflix in my office during an interview and we’d all watch one of those Kevin Hart standup specials and we’d all laugh our asses off. I’d order one of those 23andMe DNA test things and fake the results so that they show Todd and Minkah are distant relatives. Then when the day of the draft came, I’d carry a peach in my pocket and when it came my turn to pick, I’d pull out the peach and start eating it. Todd would, no doubt, have leaked to Josina Anderson that we were picking Fitzpatrick, so the ESPN and NFLN cameras would be locked in on Minkah and Todd pointing at each other and laughing and sh*t. But I’d just be eating away at that peach. Fourteen minutes left, I’m eating that peach. Ten minutes, eating that peach. Nine, eight, six. Peach, peach, peach. Sloppy-style, too. Juice dripping all over the card table, onto the card where I wrote the name of the player I’m picking. Albert Breer would be tweeting “It’s Minkah Fitzpatrick” and, like, 26% of the fanbase would be all pumped up. With one minute left, I’d be done with the peach and I’d stare at Todd—stare him straight in the eye, and I’d start sucking that sweet peach juice off my fingers, one by one, making a real show of it. NFLN would be running the Fitzpatrick highlight package. Mel Kiper will have said “versatility” roughly thirty times in the past fourteen minutes. When I got to sucking the juice off my pointer finger, I’d say, “Todd...” (and I’d stick my thumb in my mouth to get the last of the peach juice) “Todd, number one...” and there’d be 15 seconds left “F%ck you and your safeties.” Then I’d use the card where I wrote Fitzpatrick’s name to wipe the peach juice from my chin and, with five seconds left, I’d draft Baker Mayfield.

Too much foreplay. I’d immediately tell Todd Bowles to **** off. I’d trade back and make all the draft picks offensive players and make sure to pick 2 QB’s just to spite his dumb ass.  But before anything I’m changing the channel to HBO and Dave Chapelle. 

On 1/26/2018 at 10:26 AM, Kleckineau said:

If Macc has shown us anything its that he is not a risk taker.

No way he picks Mayfield. No way.

Good thing for us he can’t afford to play it safe anymore. When he wiffs on cousins he won’t have a chioce but to grab 1 of the qbs Who falls to 6. The fans will be screaming for his head if he picks a corner. 

31 minutes ago, BigO said:

Too much foreplay. I’d immediately tell Todd Bowles to **** off. I’d trade back and make all the draft picks offensive players and make sure to pick 2 QB’s just to spite his dumb ass.  But before anything I’m changing the channel to HBO and Dave Chapelle. 

Definitely 3 of top 4 picks we have in top 3 rounds should be O. I hope somebody in the org in that draft room records Bowles faces in that draft room lol

On 1/26/2018 at 6:25 PM, T0mShane said:

I’d tell Todd that we were 100% drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick. I’d bring in Fitzpatrick two, three times for interviews. I’d ask Todd to host the Fitzpatrick family at his house on the night of each interview. I’d send them to a Broadway show together. I’d fire up Netflix in my office during an interview and we’d all watch one of those Kevin Hart standup specials and we’d all laugh our asses off. I’d order one of those 23andMe DNA test things and fake the results so that they show Todd and Minkah are distant relatives. Then when the day of the draft came, I’d carry a peach in my pocket and when it came my turn to pick, I’d pull out the peach and start eating it. Todd would, no doubt, have leaked to Josina Anderson that we were picking Fitzpatrick, so the ESPN and NFLN cameras would be locked in on Minkah and Todd pointing at each other and laughing and sh*t. But I’d just be eating away at that peach. Fourteen minutes left, I’m eating that peach. Ten minutes, eating that peach. Nine, eight, six. Peach, peach, peach. Sloppy-style, too. Juice dripping all over the card table, onto the card where I wrote the name of the player I’m picking. Albert Breer would be tweeting “It’s Minkah Fitzpatrick” and, like, 26% of the fanbase would be all pumped up. With one minute left, I’d be done with the peach and I’d stare at Todd—stare him straight in the eye, and I’d start sucking that sweet peach juice off my fingers, one by one, making a real show of it. NFLN would be running the Fitzpatrick highlight package. Mel Kiper will have said “versatility” roughly thirty times in the past fourteen minutes. When I got to sucking the juice off my pointer finger, I’d say, “Todd...” (and I’d stick my thumb in my mouth to get the last of the peach juice) “Todd, number one...” and there’d be 15 seconds left “F%ck you and your safeties.” Then I’d use the card where I wrote Fitzpatrick’s name to wipe the peach juice from my chin and, with five seconds left, I’d draft Baker Mayfield.152E834E-CBC9-44DA-A4F3-604593AAC1F6.jpeg

Archived