Love Letter Mafia Game over Scum Wins!

Kaylee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a little time now. We are watching Frozen, again. 

@The CrusherTown. I think he’s done a good job calling it how he sees it. I think he’s catching an unnecessary amount of crap from Nolder. 

@Spoot-Face: I think he’s town. Trying very hard, is locked into Crusher like a pit bull and refuses to let go. My advice? Go with your second best read right now for the sake of the game, we need info ASAP. 

@Leelou: her reads were right in line with my reads. Have to call her town. 

@Jetsfan80has been trying so hard that I am suspect. Knew Jif was town.  I also don’t like Nolder’s ongoing defense of him. Played a perfect D1 and then went totally silent. Scum. 

@Nolder: his logic is inconsistent. He wants us to clear 80 for his call on Jif but won’t give Leelou the same courtesy. His playstyle changed between days 1&2. Day one he was very laid back, but he caught a little heat from Crusher and has been on the defensive since. He also got super townie all of a sudden. Has been putting his body on the line for 80. Strongest read. Scum. 

Day 1 Notes

* Spoot was working very hard to figure out game mechanics.  

* I don't see how Crusher could say in hindsight how easy it was to see that the Dice train was crap.  There were legitimate reasons for voting him.  Just because it was the wrong call doesn't mean everyone trying to lynch him goes in the scum camp. 

* I will admit, however, that once it turned out I was wrong on Dice, as well as being wrong about most things going on, on top of the cards not doing much to help us, I got frustrated with this game.  D1 I was trying hard, but that effort has waned ever since. 

* Crusher was on Spoot from the start.  At least he was consistent...

* Leelou's first game-related post said she'd be willing to vote from the pool of Lizzie, Dice, or Spoot.  Let's see if she stays consistent there. 

* Lizzie and Leelou IMO had the scummiest posts related to JiF's mistake.  While the rest of us debated things before making up our minds, Leelou didn't even think really do any thinking about it when it came to JiF's alignment.  She said "I dunno, I just think he's town."  And Lizzie made up his mind quickly as well, here:

On 2/12/2018 at 2:36 PM, Lizard King said:

I'm coming around on Spliff's point of view. I'll unvote vote JiF

* This post interested me too:

On 2/12/2018 at 3:27 PM, The Crusher said:

Really is. Too funny man. unvote

^^^ Crusher agreeing with me that this was a very JiF thing to do.  Yet Crusher ends up voting JiF....

Official Vote Count 

Lizard (1) - Dice

JiF (4) - Spoot, Lizard, Nolder, Crusher

Nolder (3) - 80, JiF, Leelou

DEADLINE PASSED JIF GETS LYNCHED PER HYBRID HAMMER RULES

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch

DEADLINE IS MONDAY 6PM MST

SCENE INCOMING

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Crusher could have easily swung the lynch to Nolder, who he's been FOSing since Day 1...

I could. But I chose not to give JiF a pass. After reading the cards closely I couldn’t trust him . I expected Nolder but Ive been very clear not totally convinced. Been called out by Spoot for my indecision between him and Lizzy. 

On 2/16/2018 at 9:35 AM, The Crusher said:

So Nolder verses Lizzie? Lizzie is so hard to read because he always does scummy stuff and doesn’t defend very well. 

On 2/16/2018 at 9:37 AM, The Crusher said:

This is what I was talking about in above post. He has done all those things. Yet you can pretty much make that argument against him in almost every game he played. I can’t help but feel you are setting him up a bit. 

You said you'd only vote Nolder or Lizzie today....

On 2/16/2018 at 2:21 PM, Lizard King said:

So let’s just sum this up real fast. Nolder votes me and called me scummy for not scum hunting. I defend, ask for what I did that was scummy. Nolder lays a case. Crusher casts doubt on case. Nolder backs off, unvotes. 

I’m scummy?

This is not a good post.  This is being overly defensive.  

On 2/16/2018 at 6:49 PM, Lizard King said:

Leelou is firmly in my town pile 

Weird post here.  Leelou hadn't provided nearly enough content yet.  

I called her town but it was mostly just d*cking around about the Chaos stuff.  Lizzie had no reason to town-call her here....

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I need to go back and read Leelou's posts.  I'll offer up my reads list after I do that.  

Not a single original thought or read. She did fill in after retiring and that’s mad sexy but still her contribution is questionable. Nyn was scum didn’t have the time to go at it as a two person team? I ain’t  missimg nothing my prince of purity. 

“Spoot, you come on here say I’m confusing things I will poke you in your fury little eye.” Read me. Solve the game with me. Love you little buddy. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Weird post here.  Leelou hadn't provided nearly enough content yet.  

I called her town but it was mostly just d*cking around about the Chaos stuff.  Lizzie had no reason to town-call her here....

Yep. Said that earlier you in the batter’s box mother fucker. 

On 2/17/2018 at 6:06 AM, Leelou said:

Voting, especially eod. I know I’m town, and JiF was town. Both of us were voting you. There have been a few posts that seem out of place from you. 

Crusher has my guts in knots, but he does have reasonable posts. But that vote tho, and the JiF doubt.

80 seems more town than scum, a couple posts had me scratching my head during my read, but once I got to eod he was back on the townie side for me.

Lizzie is a hot mess, not the right distraction for right now, more likely than not, he’s just outrageous Lizzie.  

Spoot is trying, not really hating his case on Crusher. I’d expect less from him if scum in this instance.

How did I go to the town side in a matter of minutes?  

* Spoot:  Not willing to vote at all.  If he's scum, hats off.  He's been trying hard and come off as genuine all game long.  

* Crusher:  Had some inconsistent moments but damn he's worked his ass off.  Not getting my vote either.

* Nolder:  Taking his overall body of work into consideration, I really didn't see a single problem with his game.  Another player who, if scum, deserves the win.

* CTM:  Ruins everything.  Would kill with a quickness.  

So that leaves Leelou and Lizzie as the only 2 I'm willing to vote after re-read.  They had the scummiest posts around the lynch of JiF.  Leelou has especially been lacking in providing content, and what little she's given, there's been just too many weird posts there.

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

* Spoot:  Not willing to vote at all.  If he's scum, hats off.  He's been trying hard and come off as genuine all game long.  

* Crusher:  Had some inconsistent moments but damn he's worked his ass off.  Not getting my vote either.

* Nolder:  Taking his overall body of work into consideration, I really didn't see a single problem with his game.  Another player who, if scum, deserves the win.

* CTM:  Ruins everything.  Would kill with a quickness.  

So that leaves Leelou and Lizzie as the only 2 I'm willing to vote after re-read.  They had the scummiest posts around the lynch of JiF.  Leelou has especially been lacking in providing content, and what little she's given, there's been just too many weird posts there.

Agreed Vote CTM

The filthy fuck ruins everything. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

“Spoot, you come on here say I’m confusing things I will poke you in your fury little eye.”

But the Doc says I'm not supposed to get pudding in my eye.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Read me. Solve the game with me. Love you little buddy. 

Yeah, I've been reading. You've made a number of good points, but that doesn't make you Town. My gut wants to believe you're Town, but, as I've said earlier, I'm trying to look at the things that are not so obvious to me. Outside of one person, the whole Town has been pretty active, so at least half of Scum team has been involved this game. That's who I'm trying to pin down. If no one else sees what I see, then fine, I'll accept that.

<3 you, too, big guy.

16 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

But the Doc says I'm not supposed to get pudding in my eye.

Yeah, I've been reading. You've made a number of good points, but that doesn't make you Town. My gut wants to believe you're Town, but, as I've said earlier, I'm trying to look at the things that are not so obvious to me. Outside of one person, the whole Town has been pretty active, so at least half of Scum team has been involved this game. That's who I'm trying to pin down. If no one else sees what I see, then fine, I'll accept that.

<3 you, too, big guy.

I think you're trying to pull a George Costanza here.  "If all of my instincts are wrong, then doing the opposite must be right."  It's an easy trap to fall into.  

Just because you've been wrong about people earlier in the game doesn't mean Crusher's alignment is the opposite of what you think it is.  We've all been wrong this game, because there's only 2 scum vs 6 town and math says that's what happens.  Unfortunately, with such a small game, we're already at lylo here in just D2.  

Go with who you think is scummiest and see what happens.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think you're trying to pull a George Costanza here.  "If all of my instincts are wrong, then doing the opposite must be right."  It's an easy trap to fall into.  

Just because you've been wrong about people earlier in the game doesn't mean Crusher's alignment is the opposite of what you think it is.  

Go with who you think is scummiest and see what happens.  

Well, if I go that route, then Lizzie has looked the scummiest.

But, the bold here pings. It's LYLO. If we're wrong here, then "what happens" is Town looses. You sound too blasé here, dude.

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, if I go that route, then Lizzie has looked the scummiest.

But, the bold here pings. It's LYLO. If we're wrong here, then "what happens" is Town looses. You sound too blasé here, dude.

My point wasn't to go "YOLO" really.  I was saying you can talk yourself into lynching or NOT lynching anyone.  What it comes down to is who's scummiest.  Since there are 2 scum, you should be able to pick 2 people you think are scummiest and vote one of them, no?  

Obviously if we're wrong we lose.  But what do you propose is a better way to play this today?

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My point wasn't to go "YOLO" really.  I was saying you can talk yourself into lynching or NOT lynching anyone.  What it comes down to is who's scummiest.  Since there are 2 scum, you should be able to pick 2 people you think are scummiest and vote one of them, no?  

Obviously if we're wrong we lose.  But what do you propose is a better way to play this today?

That's exactly what I did.

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But you're not thinking Crusher is scum because he's scummy, from what I gleaned.  You're thinking Crusher is scum because you think he's town.  

No, you're either misinterpreting, or misrepresenting what I said. He was my strongest Town read at one point in the game, yes, but that has since changed after I decided to take a look at the players who I had already checked off as Town. That is when I started to see some cracks in his play that I laid out in my case.

I simply decided to put down my previously held notions and look at the game with a fresh perspective. Sometimes when you build a read on someone early on, it's hard for that to not influence how you see that player for the rest of the game. But, early reads are more often than not wrong, and alignments aren't always that obvious. That is my current perspective.

I do not still think Crusher is Town and I am not only voting him simply to go against my gut. He's made some Town points, yes, but that's kinda what Scum does.

If you don't like my case on him, fine, but don't try to frame it like I'm just blindly throwing darts around at my Town reads hoping to hit Scum.

8 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

No, you're either misinterpreting, or misrepresenting what I said. He was my strongest Town read at one point in the game, yes, but that has since changed after I decided to take a look at the players who I had already checked off as Town. That is when I started to see some cracks in his play that I laid out in my case.

I simply decided to put down my previously held notions and look at the game with a fresh perspective. Sometimes when you build a read on someone early on, it's hard for that to not influence how you see that player for the rest of the game. But, early reads are more often than not wrong, and alignments aren't always that obvious. That is my current perspective.

I do not still think Crusher is Town and I am not only voting him simply to go against my gut. He's made some Town points, yes, but that's kinda what Scum does.

If you don't like my case on him, fine, but don't try to frame it like I'm just blindly throwing darts around at my Town reads hoping to hit Scum.

You’re tunneling. The game is gonna end soon. Move on. 

20 hours ago, Lizard King said:

I have a little time now. We are watching Frozen, again. 

@The CrusherTown. I think he’s done a good job calling it how he sees it. I think he’s catching an unnecessary amount of crap from Nolder. 

@Spoot-Face: I think he’s town. Trying very hard, is locked into Crusher like a pit bull and refuses to let go. My advice? Go with your second best read right now for the sake of the game, we need info ASAP. 

@Leelou: her reads were right in line with my reads. Have to call her town. 

@Jetsfan80has been trying so hard that I am suspect. Knew Jif was town.  I also don’t like Nolder’s ongoing defense of him. Played a perfect D1 and then went totally silent. Scum. 

@Nolder: his logic is inconsistent. He wants us to clear 80 for his call on Jif but won’t give Leelou the same courtesy. His playstyle changed between days 1&2. Day one he was very laid back, but he caught a little heat from Crusher and has been on the defensive since. He also got super townie all of a sudden. Has been putting his body on the line for 80. Strongest read. Scum. 

Your reads on Nolder are interesting but I’ve found him defending Leelou as well. When I went back pulled two instances. 

Spoot: played his heart out. Tried solving the game and his thoughts are genuine. Tunneled on JiF and then me but gotta respect the effort. Comfortable with him as town. 

80: Put himself into the middle of the game very quickly with his reveal, set up talk and went right after Dice. Honrestly he has become the player Suspect and worry about. Prolly not lynching him today. If we survive who knows what tomorrow brings?

lizzie: wtf, all Over the place with his logic and certainly hit some scum tells. Put in a very good amount of work and seems to be trying to solve the game. His read list almost sounds like he got help writing it. Haha. Very succinct for him. 

I gotta to get ready for the office will do Leelou and Nolder. As a spoiler they are the two I’m likely to lynch today. I’m going to tead more so who knows? Anything can happen. 

Archived