Good Combine tidbits from Kim Jones

T0mShane

Good stuff in there.  Really good news on Chubb looking like a top-5 pick.  That's really helpful to the Jets.  Also liked hearing a coach say he'd rather take one of the Georgia RBs later on than have to take Barkley at the very top based on relative value.  I'm hopeful we can get a good RB with one of the 2nd round picks.  

Ah the NFL draft.  The never-ending triumph of hope over experience!

22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Good stuff in there.  Really good news on Chubb looking like a top-5 pick.  That's really helpful to the Jets.  Also liked hearing a coach say he'd rather take one of the Georgia RBs later on than have to take Barkley at the very top based on relative value.  I'm hopeful we can get a good RB with one of the 2nd round picks.  

This is why the draft and off season in general is so great. Every team has hope whether it's FA or the draft most teams have hope. I'd love if the Jets could sit at 6 or move up to 3 for a relatively low amount because the Colts fall in love with Chubb. If we can get one of Guice, Jones, Michel, or Penny in round 2 I'd be very happy.

I feel like Mayfield wants to always prove he's the best and that he's not Manziel 2.0 that after a while it just becomes too much. You love the passion but like one person said it can wear on you. How will he handle losing and rough stretches?

And I'm absolutely convinced Barkley goes 1 or 2. 

11 hours ago, nycdan said:

4 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I feel like Mayfield wants to always prove he's the best and that he's not Manziel 2.0 that after a while it just becomes too much. You love the passion but like one person said it can wear on you. How will he handle losing and rough stretches?

And I'm absolutely convinced Barkley goes 1 or 2. 

To be fair mayfield has had to prove himself his entire career even after winning the heisman and almost beating Georgia.  That's his wiring, he's always trying to prove people wrong.  There's nothing wrong with this, it just makes him want to succeed that much more.

at this point in the game it seems very likely that Chubb and Barkley will go top 6.  The big huge question is, assuming no cousins here, does mccagnan see that much of a difference in these prospects that if darnold and either Rosen or allen go 1/2, is he (finally) willing to pay up to get to 3 to get his man?  I still think he is not inclined to draft mayfield, so i see mccags as more likely to trade to 3 to get Rosen or darnold if one of them is there.  If those guys are gone 1/2, I'm not sure if he would bet the farm on allen since the guy should really redshirt for most of 2018 and that won't save his job.

Archived