Will giants take Barkley?

kevinc855

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

That's true but honest question when has 3 QBs ever gone 1,2,3 and  if it ever happened, when has that 3rd QB ever worked out? 

Im not saying take Barkley at all costs but there's probably not 3 QBs on Mac's list. There could be only 2. If those 2 are Rosen and Darnold you want them to reach for QB3? 

Elway, Kelly and Marino should have gone 1,2,3. So should Eli, Rivers and Big Ben. I like Sony Michel and Nick Chubb almost as much as Barkley.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want the Giants to but I just don't see how they trot Eli Manning out there for a few more seasons out there and pass up on a potential franchise QB.

Eli is done and has been done for years.... and even when he wasn't done, he wasn't that great anyway... They have to take a QB

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jets fans would buy Barkley jerseys by the boatload. This team doesn't have a star as big as he's about to be.  

I believe that, but they’re still going QB at 3.

If the Jets traded 3 picks to move up to 3 to take a RB it would be the dumbest mover ever by a jets gm.

Barkley is being so monumentally overrated it is tough to believe.

Barkley is the josh allen version of RBs.  All world, build, talent and appearance but like Allen just where is the frigging production.  For an all world generational talent the college production is okay but most of the guys who are 'not as good as barkely' all have better production. 

4 stinking 100 yard plus games in the last college reg season.

Barkley is a bit better version of dalvin cook.  His run stats will look like this in a game.  1, -5, 5, 4, -2, 3, 50, 1, -3

DXOvuqTXUAAew1l.jpg

I pray that one of the 1st two teams takes this guy,  I would be elated at their idiocy.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Barkley is being so monumentally overrated it is tough to believe. but like Allen just where is the frigging production.

while I appreciate the spiciness of the take 

Saquon Barkley recorded 5500 all purpose yards in 3 seasons. 500 of those was on kick returns 

The production question can be answered not like Allen at Wyoming didn't get above 2000 yards that's quite a different story 

And no he doesn't like yards after contact. Neither did Curtis Martin and look how long he lasted. 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

while I appreciate the spiciness of the take 

Saquon Barkley recorded 5500 all purpose yards in 3 seasons. 500 of those was on kick returns 

The production question can be answered not like Allen at Wyoming didn't get above 2000 yards that's quite a different story 

And no he doesn't like yards after contact. Neither did Curtis Martin and look how long he lasted. 

1) There are almost no kick returns in the nfl

2) A guy gets whacked hard once on a punt return and he is off teams if he is a starter.

about 1200 yards rushing the last two years.  4 100 plus yards games last year in the reg season.

Is he the best back in the draft?  Yeah.  Is he better than the likes of Elliot?  Not in my mind.

Is it worth trading 3 picks to get a RB?  Insanity when we can get a good back with one of those 2nd rounders we coughed up.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

That's true but honest question when has 3 QBs ever gone 1,2,3 and  if it ever happened, when has that 3rd QB ever worked out? 

Im not saying take Barkley at all costs but there's probably not 3 QBs on Mac's list. There could be only 2. If those 2 are Rosen and Darnold you want them to reach for QB3? 

1999 - Couch, McNabb and Akili Smith went 1,2,3.  Only time.  #3 didn't work out so well.  Neither did #1 for that matter.

We need a QB badly, but if we end up taking Barkley, I wouldn't HATE it.  if he turns out to be the next coming of AP as opposed to drafting the next coming of Akili Smith that would be a positive.  But all things equal, I think QB is such a need that I can see taking a riskier prospect over a nearly sure-thing RB this year.

18 hours ago, nycdan said:

1999 - Couch, McNabb and Akili Smith went 1,2,3.  Only time.  #3 didn't work out so well.  Neither did #1 for that matter.

We need a QB badly, but if we end up taking Barkley, I wouldn't HATE it.  if he turns out to be the next coming of AP as opposed to drafting the next coming of Akili Smith that would be a positive.  But all things equal, I think QB is such a need that I can see taking a riskier prospect over a nearly sure-thing RB this year.

not saying the Jets are 100% on Barkley but this idea that they HAVE to take QB3 at 3 if 2 are already gone I'm not buying. They probably really like Darnold and can talk themselves into Rosen. Both were 5 star guys.  Mac probably wants nothing to do with Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen at 3 is a spicy meatball for a guy who needs that much work. It wouldn't be surprising if they did but the expectations are Allen will not help the team in 2018 and maybe not in 2019 im not sure Mac has that kind of leash.

Barkley is better than all these guys. they paid 10 mil to McCown and probably like Bridgewater (TB5)

Bilal Powell is 30, Mac is a BAP guy this is more than a 0% chance. 

Mara said #2 is definitely not too high to pick an RB.

But then went on to say he liked to the way Green Bay handled the transition from Favre to Rodgers.

But then propped up Davis Webb, saying he could be Eli's successor.

Giants are playing this close to the vest, so there's gonna be a lot of double talk for the next month

On 3/24/2018 at 10:16 AM, bitonti said:

The Jets second round picks are disposable. They are not premium picks when 6 out of the last 7 2nd round picks have been absolute value less busts

There aren't any Saquon Barkleys in this draft or any others. He's better than Fournette, Zeke and Gurley. 

Meanwhile these QBs are all coin flips at best. Just cause they take their Josh of choice doesn't mean he pans out. Barkley's panning out. 

We need to flip the friggin' coins. We just do.

Archived