Will Gase clean house, gut roster and start from scratch......once again?

Kleckineau

Just now, BettyBoop said:

I don't believe Gase will be given a long leash.  He likely has two years to get to the playoffs and gutting this team will not get him there.  I'm sure his sales pitch to CJ was that he could make this team relevant quickly.  Combine that with Mac's really short leash and it's likely they don't take drastic measures.

Gase will have some personnel input but the GM is still the GM

Kearse has always been inconsistent.  That is why Seattle moved on from him.  I'd probably let him walk, unless he is coming back super cheap.  

Burnett is the kind of guy Jets fans always overrate.   I think he can be useful and is good value as an UDFA, but he adds nothing on specials and probably isn't good enough to stick around long term.

Peake is interesting.  Physically he is great - big, fast, long arms, but he didn't have much college production and I believe two serious knee injuries.  Jets fans seem to act like he can't produce, but he actually did as much as a rookie as any of Maccagnan's other drafted WR's have done in their careers.  He may prove a useful WR under a new OC.

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase will have some personnel input but the GM is still the GM

I think it's even less likely Mac will gut this team.  He has 2019 to show significant improvement.  Gutting won't get him there.

They likely went down the roster one by one during the interview and Gase suggested who he would keep and who would go and Mac and CJ agreed on that.  CJ is not ready to hit the reset button at this point or he would have fired Mac this year.  Gase convinced them they are not that far off with this roster and that's what CJ wanted to hear.

What the **** does gutting this team consist of?  As some one else stated, Williams is the only guy to make a decision on.  Darnold and Adams are the only two players I would be surprised to see them move on from.  Unless they dump all three, I don't consider it a gutting.  Like 2015, this roster came pre-gutted.  Ready to be filled with whatever yes-men and coaches pets the coach wants.  This sh*t almost makes me feel sorry for Mangini and Tannenbaum who were saddled with injured/useless Pennington and Martin on big extensions and Abraham already having played out the tag.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Will Gase tear this team down and start from scratch?

Other than the obvious who survives?

Is this yet another full on rebuild coming?

Would that be #3 in like 5 years?

Oh and btw....

Since BB was hired in New England the rest of the AFCE teams have had 22 different HC's.

I dont think he will have a mandate to do that.  They are looking for at least 8 wins next season

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Will Gase tear this team down and start from scratch?

Other than the obvious who survives?

Is this yet another full on rebuild coming?

Would that be #3 in like 5 years?

Oh and btw....

Since BB was hired in New England the rest of the AFCE teams have had 22 different HC's.

The team is gutted.   Other than one corner, who is making any money that has more than 1 year left on a contract?

35 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Kearse has always been inconsistent.  That is why Seattle moved on from him.  I'd probably let him walk, unless he is coming back super cheap.  

Burnett is the kind of guy Jets fans always overrate.   I think he can be useful and is good value as an UDFA, but he adds nothing on specials and probably isn't good enough to stick around long term.

Peake is interesting.  Physically he is great - big, fast, long arms, but he didn't have much college production and I believe two serious knee injuries.  Jets fans seem to act like he can't produce, but he actually did as much as a rookie as any of Maccagnan's other drafted WR's have done in their careers.  He may prove a useful WR under a new OC.

Special teamer.  Just like Cannon.

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Probably, but odds are that both end up with more career yards from scrimmage than Burnett who the is the board's current love child.

the refuse to throw it deep to Kearse ever since he has been here, even with his size and speed.  I assume there is a reason, thought I have no idea what

Sure hope they gave Gase carte blanche on offense, after Sam we have nothing

RB

• Everyone - gtfo

WR

• Robbie - we'll see how many times he gets arrested this feb
  • Enunwa - sigh. 
  • Burnett and Carter can hang around
  • everyone else, gtfo

TE 

• Herndon - DWI last year, lets see how his substance abuse game develops this offseason. 
  • everyone else, gtfo

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the **** does gutting this team consist of?  As some one else stated, Williams is the only guy to make a decision on.  Darnold and Adams are the only two players I would be surprised to see them move on from.  Unless they dump all three, I don't consider it a gutting.  Like 2015, this roster came pre-gutted.  Ready to be filled with whatever yes-men and coaches pets the coach wants.  This sh*t almost makes me feel sorry for Mangini and Tannenbaum who were saddled with injured/useless Pennington and Martin on big extensions and Abraham already having played out the tag.

What's your take on the Gase hire?

Archived