Patriot Killa

Is the Gase hate from players blown out of proportion?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Depends on what they choose to do with Powell and Crowell. 

Did you happen to notice the Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith who they drafted with a severe knee injury the guy is a BEAST now for the Cowboys. 

I know i'm wasting my time responding to you but what the hell. 

The Cowboys used a 2016 second-round pick on Smith, knowing he’d have essentially a redshirt rookie season after sustaining a severe knee injury in his final game at Notre Dame.

Smith rehabbed his entire rookie season before returning to game action last season. He finished with the second-most tackles on the team, 99, along with four tackles for loss, four QB pressures, one sack and two forced fumbles.

Gase got rid of Ajayi because he was a malcontent who didnt practice or work out hard and refused to run plays as they were designed.  Then when he was traded he bad mouthed the team and Gase.  Hes not that good and hes not coming to the Jets.  

SunSentinal:

But Ajayi, who was averaging 3.4 yards per carry during his 2017 tenure with the Dolphins, had become a malcontent in the locker room, according to multiple sources, and the team felt like they needed to move him before his attitude “polluted the locker room.”

16 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Some say that Gase just didn’t like him. Which I don’t love to hear from our new HC. But Drake was a lot more dynamic than Frank Gore. Hopefully Gase will learn from his Miami mistakes. Because he needs to put that aside and make sure the best players get on the field and are used well.

Ir won't  be a problem with the Jets, all of our RB's suck equally.  

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Sign Sheldon and trade Leo.  I also want Bradley Roby.  Skrine absolutely has got to go he is horrible and a cancer

Trade Leo? Leo is going to be a monster in the 4-3 if that is what we are playing. One thing Leo can do is push the pocket.

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Trade Leo? Leo is going to be a monster in the 4-3 if that is what we are playing. One thing Leo can do is push the pocket.

I totally agree. Williams will move him up and down the line getting him the best matchups to succeed.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Could you imagine Bill Parcells if he was coaching a player like Jarvis Landry & Landry wanted to have more input in the playcalling? Just think about that for a moment & try to imagine a Parcells retort.

Not everyone loved the Tuna remember this incident with Chrebet??

Parcells also has a unique method for testing injured players. Last season, he kicked Chrebet in the ankle to see how well his sprain was healing. Parcells did the same thing to quarterback Glenn Foley, who received a poke in his bruised ribs. Warning: This diagnostic method isn't approved by the American Medical Association. "That wasn't a malicious thing," Parcells, smiling, said of his Chrebet kick.

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Depends on what they choose to do with Powell and Crowell. 

Did you happen to notice the Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith who they drafted with a severe knee injury the guy is a BEAST now for the Cowboys. 

I know i'm wasting my time responding to you but what the hell. 

The Cowboys used a 2016 second-round pick on Smith, knowing he’d have essentially a redshirt rookie season after sustaining a severe knee injury in his final game at Notre Dame.

Smith rehabbed his entire rookie season before returning to game action last season. He finished with the second-most tackles on the team, 99, along with four tackles for loss, four QB pressures, one sack and two forced fumbles.

Crowell should be third string. He absolutely  sucks. 

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ir won't  be a problem with the Jets, all of our RB's suck equally.  

The running backs were not the problem.  The sh*t Offensive Line,  play calling, and "zone" run blocking schemes were. While not Superstars,  our running backs were more than adequate.  Successful running offenses;  Seatle,  Baltimore , Carolina , Denver, have had top running games this year with arguably equal or lesser talent.

17 hours ago, nico002 said:

Jarvis Landry is a cancer- and he sucks, and Gase made the right move by getting rid of an average player with a loud mouth. Suh is being paid like a top defensive player and is nothing more than a JAG- another great move by Gase.

He got rid of Ajayi- who sucks and is out of the NFL...

The Frank Gore issue has already been proven as false.

Drake is a good playmaker but how do you know that he could handle more of the offense? The guy has a fumbling issue and I’m sure wasn’t featured more for a good reason. Why would Gase spite himeself by leaving a playmaker on the bench? It doesn’t make sense because there is probably much more to the situation and player that we don’t know because we don’t see it in practice every day....

ajayi had a bad knee.  that he played so well for philly is surprising.  landry for all his talent is a punk and guys like suh just aren't worth the cost in the end.

there may be something to gase being full of himself but what hc isn't?  it's just the good ones know when to push and relax.

47 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I totally agree. Williams will move him up and down the line getting him the best matchups to succeed.

But we should trade him and hopefully get an additional 4th round pick, maybe. 

One thing about Landry, I keep hearing he’s an average player but why do I always feel like he made hay against us both in Miami and in Cleveland?....maybe I am mis-temembering
His numbers are good but when you're a slot WR you don't get X receiver money nor the hype.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think the fact that these guys went elsewhere and did less speaks volumes.  What I like is that Gase makes no excuses for them or tries to keep guys who he thinks are disruptive.  This is a media paint job, trying to smear the new guy coming in.  Seen it before.  The lemmings  ate it up. Glory Hallelujah.
In regards to Landry, his numbers were close to previous stats...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Everything is blown out of proportion these days.  

Social media is a negative drag on our entire society. Anyone with a thought can just blurt it out at the moment of its conception.....kind of like my threads..😉

On 1/11/2019 at 6:43 PM, Beerfish said:

The [people you quoted as liking him was when he was a coordinator no?

Being a head coach and a coordinator is a whole different ball of wax as to how players view you.

Exactly.  And they don't need to love you.  But they need to respect you and think you're fair.  If they think you're an unfair douche, you're done.  Unfortunately, the Dolphins players thought he was an unfair douche.