Is the Gase hate from players blown out of proportion?

Patriot Killa

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It was an odd sentiment given that Landry’s side also conveyed in the article that he had a choice between Cleveland and the Ravens. Also, the Dolphins attempted to re-sign him prior to shipping him out. Furthermore, Landry recently proclaimed the Browns had a chance win the Super Bowl this year.

He added that Gase used to threaten players that he would trade them to Cleveland if they got on his bad side.

Ok but this doesn’t connect like Landry wants it to if he was given a choice between Baltimore and CLE.

but I do have to admit that’s pretty ******* hilarious. “ILL SEND YOUR ASS TO CLEVLAND” lol.

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jarvis Landry: Adam Gase traded me to Browns ‘to die

He added that Gase used to threaten players that he would trade them to Cleveland if they got on his bad side.

This makes me like Gase more.  I guess I am a bad person.

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

We’ll find out soon enough.

Remember, heavy is the head that wears the crown....ie some guys are better as soldiers and change, not for the best, when granted power and leadership. No everyone is suited to be in charge.

This is true, I remember your days as a moderator ?

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

After 4 years of Bowles letting the inmates run the asylum I want an asskicker

Watching the Patriots call pass play after pass play so Brady could throw his 4th TD pass while up 38 with 4 minutes left in the game I realised that maybe it was time for us to to go down the route of having a complete prick as our next coach. Tired of Bowles falling over himself to be a stand-up guy and to not upset the other team or coach . I want someone who has absolutely no problem stepping on your throat.

As far as the Landry situation goes remember he wanted his money. With the contracts Tannenbaum issued in Miami ( remember his Jets tenure ) they were cash strapped and that would have made things impossible in Miami if they paid him. Cleveland had the space for him. Also Tannenbaum has now been reassigned and has little to no input in Miami 

14 hours ago, nico002 said:

Jarvis Landry is a cancer- and he sucks, and Gase made the right move by getting rid of an average player with a loud mouth. Suh is being paid like a top defensive player and is nothing more than a JAG- another great move by Gase.

He got rid of Ajayi- who sucks and is out of the NFL...

The Frank Gore issue has already been proven as false.

Drake is a good playmaker but how do you know that he could handle more of the offense? The guy has a fumbling issue and I’m sure wasn’t featured more for a good reason. Why would Gase spite himeself by leaving a playmaker on the bench? It doesn’t make sense because there is probably much more to the situation and player that we don’t know because we don’t see it in practice every day....

I think the fact that these guys went elsewhere and did less speaks volumes.  What I like is that Gase makes no excuses for them or tries to keep guys who he thinks are disruptive.  This is a media paint job, trying to smear the new guy coming in.  Seen it before.  The lemmings  ate it up. Glory Hallelujah.

48 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Could you imagine Bill Parcells if he was coaching a player like Jarvis Landry & Landry wanted to have more input in the playcalling? Just think about that for a moment & try to imagine a Parcells retort.

"Coach, I served with Parcells, I knew Parcells, Parcells was a friend of mine. Coach, you are no Parcells."

-Jarvis Landry

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thanks for this. Clears a lot up. Man, one thing I will say, even though I didnt like the hire, he definitely can play call and scheme. That’s what I do like. I’d like to see him polish up a little in his second stint as HC. I’d like to see him find more balance with the run.

Gase knows how to manage the run game. It's exactly what he did in Chicago under John Fox, given the cast he had there, and was productive. The Kenyon Drake issue is a deep one. Drake was frankly undisciplined and a fumble risk. I'm not amazed that Gase moved carefully with him.

Let's see how much hate there is from former players could the Jets sign free agent  RB Jay Ajayi? 

JAY AJAYI, PHILADELPHIA

Ajayi (6-0, 223, 25 years old) saw his season come to an end early due to a torn ACL, which needless to say will be a factor once free agency arrives. He had 45 carries for 184 yards and three touchdowns this season before the injury after rushing for 408 yards and a touchdown following a trade from Miami to Philadelphia last year. He's still young and if he reaches free agency will probably see his share of interest, even if it winds up being on a short-term prove-it deal.

https://elitesportsny.com/2019/01/11/new-york-jets-hc-adam-gase-dissecting-positive-angles/

Now that the New York Jets have hired Adam Gase as the organization’s newest head coach, the positives must be dissected. 

Ihave to be completely honest with you off the top. I’m disappointed in the result of this New York Jets head coaching search. Adam Gase was my least favorite candidate out of the eight rumored options in play for the Jets.

Not only did they end up with the option I favored least, but it unfolded in typical embarrassing Jets fashion.

They reportedly denied Matt Rhule the permission to build his own staff and now seem to be allowing Gase to bring in two of his buddies from Miami at the offensive and defensive coordinator spots. They passed on the very well-qualified Todd Monken. Each of those two candidates would have excited me quite a bit.

Nevertheless, Gase ended up as the choice made by the dynamic duo of Mike Maccagnan and Christopher Johnson.

Since he is now the head coach of the New York Jets, my job is to find a way to get excited about him. So, that’s what I’m here to do. Let’s do our very best to make a case for Gase.

Adam Gase has four times moved on from the staff of one NFL team to another. He left Detroit for San Francisco from 2007-2008, San Francisco for Denver from 2008-2009, Denver for Chicago from 2014-2015, and Chicago for Miami from 2015-16. Each of the four teams Gase left scored fewer points per game the season after he left them than they did in his final season with them.

Gase was the Lions quarterbacks coach for one year in 2007. That season, 35-year old Jon Kitna, who was a winner of five games over his previous three seasons, ranked 11th in Y/A while winning seven games and leading Detroit to 16th in points. The following season in 2008, Gase left for San Francisco. Kitna had four terrible starts, suffered a season-ending injury, and the Lions went 0-16 as their quarterback group was historically terrible.

Tim Tebow did the unthinkable and went 7-4 as an NFL starter and then won a playoff game with Gase as his quarterbacks coach. Every year that goes by, the fact that Tebow did this feels more and more unbelievable. Tebow was not an NFL quarterback, not even close. Yet, with Gase behind him in the QB coach position, Tebow put together one magical year.

Following that season with Tebow, Gase was then the quarterbacks coach for a man two years his elder, Peyton Manning. The Broncos ranked first and second in scoring over Adam Gase’s two years in the offensive coordinator spot, setting the still-standing all-time record for most points scored in a season in 2013. Though they did win the Super Bowl the season after Gase left, they fell to 19th in scoring without him, as Manning had arguably the worst season of his career.

Gase’s record exceeded the level of his quarterback play each year he spent in Miami. 2016 – Tannehill 24th in QBR, Miami T-9th in W%. 2017 – Cutler 26th in QBR, Miami T-22nd in W% 2018 – Tannehill 32nd in QBR, Miami T-17th in W%.

How much credit should go to Gase for each man’s success is debatable, but Gase did play a hand in producing four of the biggest outlier seasons in NFL quarterback history.

Only eight quarterbacks have posted a season with 7.3+ Y/A and a 63%+ completion% at age 35 or older. Tom Brady (3x), Drew Brees (3x), Peyton Manning (3x), Ben Roethlisberger (2x), Rich Gannon (1x), Eli Manning (1x), Kurt Warner (1x), and Jon Kitna (1x). Gase was with Manning for all three of those seasons, two as his offensive coordinator, one as his quarterbacks coach, and was Kitna’s quarterbacks coach for his season.

Adam Gase is a tough sell to the Jets fanbase. There is no honeymoon period. He will be lambasted until he starts succeeding and will be under pressure to make the playoffs right away.

However, it’s important as a fan to keep the faith. Try and find the positives. With Adam Gase, while you may have to dig deep to find them, hope is there.

Will he turn out to be the right hire? Only time will tell.

13 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

It also sounds to me like Miami had a few loud mouths that could be amplifying things too. I think Parker shot his mouth off a bit and didn't they have a few players still making a big issue out of kneeling?

Parker was injured, miss a lot of time and thought he should have been allowed to come back before Gase did.

His agent went on the rant, accusing Gase of trying to keep his player down.  Crazy

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Let's see how much hate there is from former players could the Jets sign free agent  RB Jay Ajayi? 

JAY AJAYI, PHILADELPHIA

Ajayi (6-0, 223, 25 years old) saw his season come to an end early due to a torn ACL, which needless to say will be a factor once free agency arrives. He had 45 carries for 184 yards and three touchdowns this season before the injury after rushing for 408 yards and a touchdown following a trade from Miami to Philadelphia last year. He's still young and if he reaches free agency will probably see his share of interest, even if it winds up being on a short-term prove-it deal.

You have to be kidding, right?

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have to be kidding, right?

Depends on what they choose to do with Powell and Crowell. 

Did you happen to notice the Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith who they drafted with a severe knee injury the guy is a BEAST now for the Cowboys. 

I know i'm wasting my time responding to you but what the hell. 

The Cowboys used a 2016 second-round pick on Smith, knowing he’d have essentially a redshirt rookie season after sustaining a severe knee injury in his final game at Notre Dame.

Smith rehabbed his entire rookie season before returning to game action last season. He finished with the second-most tackles on the team, 99, along with four tackles for loss, four QB pressures, one sack and two forced fumbles.

16 hours ago, nico002 said:

Jarvis Landry is a cancer- and he sucks, and Gase made the right move by getting rid of an average player with a loud mouth. Suh is being paid like a top defensive player and is nothing more than a JAG- another great move by Gase.

He got rid of Ajayi- who sucks and is out of the NFL...

The Frank Gore issue has already been proven as false.

Drake is a good playmaker but how do you know that he could handle more of the offense? The guy has a fumbling issue and I’m sure wasn’t featured more for a good reason. Why would Gase spite himeself by leaving a playmaker on the bench? It doesn’t make sense because there is probably much more to the situation and player that we don’t know because we don’t see it in practice every day....

Isn't  Ajayi on the Eagles?. If he's  not, Mac should be getting him innfor a Physical.  The giy doesn't  suck and is a huge upgrade at RB for us. 

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JAY AJAYI, PHILADELPHIA

Since Gase traded him away, I doubt he'd want him.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Did you happen to notice the Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith who they drafted with a severe knee injury the guy is a BEAST now for the Cowboys. 

The Cowboys used a 2016 second-round pick on Smith, knowing he’d have essentially a redshirt rookie season after sustaining a severe knee injury in his final game at Notre Dame.

Smith rehabbed his entire rookie season before returning to game action last season. He finished with the second-most tackles on the team, 99, along with four tackles for loss, four QB pressures, one sack and two forced fumbles.

Gase got rid of Ajayi because he was a malcontent who didnt practice or work out hard and refused to run plays as they were designed.  Then when he was traded he bad mouthed the team and Gase.  Hes not that good and hes not coming to the Jets.  

SunSentinal:

But Ajayi, who was averaging 3.4 yards per carry during his 2017 tenure with the Dolphins, had become a malcontent in the locker room, according to multiple sources, and the team felt like they needed to move him before his attitude “polluted the locker room.”

16 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Some say that Gase just didn’t like him. Which I don’t love to hear from our new HC. But Drake was a lot more dynamic than Frank Gore. Hopefully Gase will learn from his Miami mistakes. Because he needs to put that aside and make sure the best players get on the field and are used well.

Ir won't  be a problem with the Jets, all of our RB's suck equally.  

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Could you imagine Bill Parcells if he was coaching a player like Jarvis Landry & Landry wanted to have more input in the playcalling? Just think about that for a moment & try to imagine a Parcells retort.

Not everyone loved the Tuna remember this incident with Chrebet??

Parcells also has a unique method for testing injured players. Last season, he kicked Chrebet in the ankle to see how well his sprain was healing. Parcells did the same thing to quarterback Glenn Foley, who received a poke in his bruised ribs. Warning: This diagnostic method isn't approved by the American Medical Association. "That wasn't a malicious thing," Parcells, smiling, said of his Chrebet kick.

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Crowell should be third string. He absolutely  sucks. 

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ir won't  be a problem with the Jets, all of our RB's suck equally.  

The running backs were not the problem.  The sh*t Offensive Line,  play calling, and "zone" run blocking schemes were. While not Superstars,  our running backs were more than adequate.  Successful running offenses;  Seatle,  Baltimore , Carolina , Denver, have had top running games this year with arguably equal or lesser talent.

Archived