Kap and NFL Settle

Warfish

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Perhaps, but they also got jobs.

Kap divided the country - holy hell you give him a lot of power.  Grow up, snowflake.  A man knelt for a song.

When you have no logical response, revert to name calling.

It's more than than just a song. It's not even worth discussing with you. You have no appreciation for the country you live in. Kaepernick has lead more people to have beliefs like you, or has at least exposed it. That is a pretty powerful response he has caused. 

Ray Rice doesn't have a job. aaron Hernandez is dead... 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You must be quite a lawyer when you willingly cite conjecture and innuendo as the primary drivers behind your conclusions.  It was always my impression that the law was based on verifiable facts  For a seeker of fact, you sure use the word "probably" a lot.  I guess those classes must come in L4, or maybe the law school you go to isn't as good as you think it is.  For your information, settlements can be made for a myriad of reasons, and are agreed to by both parties to mutual benefit.  To draw conclusions based on little or no tangible "evidence" shows you have a long way to go.  Good luck.

I’m not in a courtroom am I? 

I have to simply debate the conjecture of another. There is no winning or losing on the internet and that’s why I’m willing to present probably as a part of my evidence for what I believe. 

Everything you wrote after “For your information” is impressive to a certain subset of people out there. But let’s discuss, using our limited information, why the NFL would settle and want a confidentiality agreement? 

Could it be because they were totally innocent? Or is it more likely that they knew the information in the suit was more damning to them than a final decision would have been? 

This is all conjecture and that’s the point isn’t it? Why remove doubt of collusion when you could leave it unresolved to the general public.

2 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

It's more than than just a song. It's not even worth discussing with you. You have no appreciation for the country you live in. Kaepernick has lead more people to have beliefs like you, or has at least exposed it. That is a pretty powerful response he has caused. 

Lol.  What exactly are my beliefs?  This is worth a laugh.

And isn’t this country one that is founded on freedom of speech and freedom of expression, especially peacefully?  Seems like it’s you who has “no appreciation for this country.”  As stance you’re taking is quite literally, “agree with my version of patriotism or shut the **** up.”

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’m not in a courtroom am I? 

I have to simply debate the conjecture of another. There is no winning or losing on the internet and that’s why I’m willing to present probably as a part of my evidence for what I believe. 

Everything you wrote after “For your information” is impressive to a certain subset of people out there. But let’s discuss, using our limited information, why the NFL would settle and want a confidentiality agreement? 

Could it be because they were totally innocent? Or is it more likely that they knew the information in the suit was more damning to them than a final decision would have been? 

This is all conjecture and that’s the point isn’t it? Why remove doubt of collusion when you could leave it unresolved to the general public.

Collusion isn’t really provable or unprovable. It’s a vague term in itself. I think the NFL wanted this over and Kap at the end of the day wanted to get paid. 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Lol.  What exactly are my beliefs?  This is worth a laugh.

And isn’t this country one that is founded on freedom of speech and freedom of expression, especially peacefully?  Seems like it’s you who has “no appreciation for this country.”  As stance you’re taking is quite literally, “agree with my version of patriotism or shut the **** up.”

Ok I was wrong. You have the appreciation for "freedom of speech". And that's about it. 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The NFL wasn’t going to survive discovery and caved.

13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

There is literally nothing more obvious than this.

I’m obviously not nearly as smart as you guys, but If this is so obvious, and Kap is such a SJW, why did he settle? Shouldn’t he have exposed them rather than settle? I mean this discovery would have exposed the racist NFL and America would have been a better place for it....

Just a thought on this - staying completely on topic.  My recollection is  Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the 49er before the 2017 season.  His choice.  No team signed him, nor was any team obligated to.  Now, there may have been collusion.  I don't know and I almost certainly never will.  But it's also entirely possible that the other 31 teams deemed the distractions not worth the benefit of having him on their roster.  You could say the same about Manziel, and even Tebow eventually.  Tebow isn't a bad guy, but he didn't have the talent to offset the other stuff that came with him.  

On the other hand, CLE didn't even wait a minute to sign Kareem Hunt and that's what makes this situation look a little fuzzy, even though you could easily argue that Hunt is a more valuable player, purely from an on-field perspective, than Kaep would have been.  So I can see where both sides are coming from.   

But then there's the bit about how the Ravens were ready to sign him until his girlfriend at the time posted some racist something on some site.  I don't recall the details and frankly, don't want to.  But that would seem to weaken the collusion argument some more.

In the end, the NFL may have settled just to move on from the whole thing as the Super Bowl halftime show drama was embarrassing.  It might have been worth a few million to make it go away, and possibly there was nothing else to worry about, in discovery or elsewhere.  It's cool to speculate, but do it with a clear head that we don't have anywhere near all the facts and we're all just spitballing our opinions.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Collision isn’t really probable or unprovable. It’s a vague term in itself. I think the NFL wanted this over and Kap at the end of the day wanted to get paid. 

Which is why the settlement is interesting and worthy of nuanced discussion. There was evidence that we’ll never see and it was at least bad enough that NFL wanted to keep it out of the public eye. There’s no reason for the NFL to settle unless Kaep had them on a legal technicality (de facto collusion) or he had some evidence of explicit discussions against teams signing him.

Whatever evidence that exists is worth more than the rumored $60 million they’re going to pay out.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I’m obviously not nearly as smart as you guys, but If this is so obvious, and Kap is such a SJW, why did he settle? Shouldn’t he have exposed them rather than settle? I mean this discovery would have exposed the racist NFL and America would have been a better place for it....

shhhh… you're making a rational thought & a lot of sense.

Just now, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Ok I was wrong. You have the appreciation for "freedom of speech". And that's about it. 

I suppose I need to give you a bit of credit, you’re smart enough to punt on a debate where you’re set up to get evicerated.  Kudos on that, meangreenkillingmachine.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Because the issue wasn’t and isn’t that the NFL is racist. The biggest reason for Kaep to settle is that his own personal agenda as a professional is separate from his charitable works and public persona. Kaep gets to settle for the money lost and can still  aid the charitable causes he believes in. 

The NFL turned itself into the enemy of Kaepernick, he never said they were.

Archived