How much better are the Jets after these upgrades?

WayneChrebet80

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

They may be slightly better but the moves they have made so far don’t equate to many more wins, imo.  Thats not what you expect when they spend so much money.

Yea but you don't know that, for all we know this catapults the team to the playoffs, the Jets have a top 5 defense with this infusion of talent under the tutelage of Gregg Williams. No addition will necessarily mean you'll 100% win more games. Jets have gotten better, whether that translates to 2 more wins or 6 more wins is still up for debate. Also, offseason isn't over yet, these moves coupled with some others may translate to a legitimate contender.

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

According to PFF not much

2018 Grades:

Mosely 73.6 vs Lee 72.4

Osemele 53.6 vs Carpenter 56.3

Barr 71.4 vs Copeland 67.4

Crowder 60.9 vs Kearse 62.7

Not sure if these moves are going to be as transformative as one thinks.

Biggest upgrade needs to come from QB and coaching staff.

How do you quantify the Loss of Todd Bowles. I'm confident he was holding back the team in many ways

2 hours ago, JiF said:

The only thing that really helps a team get better, is getting better QB play.  Sure, all those other components are important but at the end of the day, this team is only going as far as Sam Darnold takes them. So, it's great that we spent on some very good defensive players but this offseason has to finish out strong on offense.  Bell, more OL and future investments in the draft. 

They still need a CB but that's about the only position on the defensive side I'd invest anything significant in moving forward ie; high pick or pricey FA.

I think trading for Osemele doesn't quite rule out Jonah Williams at #3, but it does make the case for Greedy Williams to be selected, though, especially given that Claiborne is probably a gonner. 

Archived