Jump to content
32EBoozer

2019 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We have a top 5 starting rotation, and solid BP

Ramos and Cano and Conforto should put up 80 RBI apiece with Nimmo scoring over 100 this season.

Alonso and Dom having a very good battle at 1st. Dom with better “D” but Alonso with the power stroke. Both stroking at a good avg.

Defense strong up the middle..... I’m predicting 87 wins.

Thoughts?

Edited by 32EBoozer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are my thoughts.  We should have found a way to dump Todd Frazier. His presence clogs up the roster.  Wheeler is a stud pitcher, they should have locked him up last year.  Robinson Cano is still a great hitter.  Noah Syndergaard is going to mature this year and make a big move.  I am still worried about Steven Matz as  a consistent contributor, top of the rotation pitcher.  The 2-3 miles/hour he lost on his fastball since coming up hurts a lot and his curveball "rolls" more than it used to.  Too many gopher balls

Dominic Smith has been a nice surprise, and should no longer be considered a bust.  The bullpen will be vastly improved, I still can't believe that we got this kid Edwin Diaz.  Jason Vargas was one of the biggest mistakes in years.  Seth Lugo would be much better utilized as a starter.  Thank G-d they didn't trade Edwin Rosario.  He will be a big time player this year and going forward.  Love him.  Jeff McNeil is a really nice player, every good team needs one of him.

Travis d'Arnaud is going to be lost for almost nothing.  That bothers me.  Maybe not a catcher, but he will hit somewhere. Glad that Brandon Nimmo is still here, great kid and a gamer.  Hope he gets enough at bats, great pinch hitter too for someone so young.  Peter Alonso is going to be a big time stick in this league for a long time. Will hit for average too,  Not too concerned about his abilities to learn 1st base. 

Still way down on Cespedes.  He won't be back as a major contributor this year, cameos in August or later.  Big deal. As for Juan Lagares, I'm still on the fence about him.  Has a lot to prove both with his ability to hit consistently, as well as staying healthy.  Am losing patience with him.  Mets have other speed/defense options on the roster this year, maybe trade bait?  Conforto should finally get it right this year.  No more excuses.  Cut down on the strikeouts and go opposite field more.  Stop being a dumbass, and learn to be a cerebral hitter.  He is one of the keys to a successful season.

Nothing to say about DeGrom.  He is simply a top three pitcher in baseball, if not the best.  Pretty sure they extend him soon.  Not too concerned  about acrimonius  negotiations,  The nice salary bump they gave him in the arbitration, was a nice gift.  They didn't have to do that. Should buy some good faith. Looking forward to seeing Jed Lowrie.  Familiar with him.  Nice player. Jeff McNeil is in the same mold.   Robert Gsellman  is an underrated pitcher. An important part of our Bullpen, just needs to be a little more consistent, bulldog.  I am very glad that Jeurys Familia is back with the team.  Still has great stuff.  Bit of a headcase at times, but well worth the price, especially since he's not the primary closer this year.  

The only disappointment for me in the roster construction is that I wanted to sign Adam Jones.  His failure to catch on with anyone is mystifying to me.  Can still hit, run and the reports about his abilities as an outfielder are exaggerated.  I have high hopes for this upcoming season, what else is new.  At least this year the offense will not be inept.  Sandy Alderson's steadfast refusal to upgrade the offense and his boneheaded moves in bullpen construction damaged this team badly in the past.  Glad that's over.  That's all I've got.  Regards.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Great insights... I didn’t have the time to go in-depth but agree with everything you said. Especially about Todd Frazier.

Hoping to get deGrom signed and hopefully Wheeler. Sandy preferred letting these guys walk to get a 1st round pick... Crazy!

i like what our newGM has been doing.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post @joenamathwouldn'tcry. I'll be living in this thread in two weeks, LOL.

I agree with almost everything you said, just a few different views on certain players, nothing major.

Love the kids. Conforto, he's going to have big year. don't forget he was coming off a bad injury last year, but finished really strong. Nimmo and McNeil, just want them to build on last year. Love them both. Rosario, I hope I'm wrong about, I just never liked him I'm willing to admit its me though, because a lot of people I respect love his game.

You're spot on about Frazier, Lowrie should be a steady veteran influence.

I need to see Cano produce. I'm just leery of any "veteran bat" this team picks up. The last one I remember who worked out was Piazza. We have to get McNeil into the lineup every day, and unfortunately I think 2nd is where he'll end up quite a bit, with Robbie having a lot of "day to day tweaks" The 2 1st baseman are a great problem to have, huh? Alonso will be down in AAA the first few weeks so the Mets get that extra year with him. That will give Dom a chance to prove himself. If Alonso tears it up though down there, maybe Smith gets moved. BTW Davis has looked great also.

As always though, its going to be about our pitching. I love the bullpen. Our 8 and 9 inning combo could be the best in baseball. The starters have to stay healthy though. We're thin there believe it or not. I'd love to see them sign a Gio Gonzalez type as insurance.

Lagares has outlived his usefulness, and his trade value too I'm afraid. Same with D'Arnaud, even though I would've loved his bat in the lineup, at this point he seems like an AL type player. I'm not crazy about our Catching, but again, since Piazza when have we had any?

Oh well, long story short? Harper and the Phillies don't scare me as much as the Nats do. They did a great job once they decided to move on from Bryce. The Braves are tough young and will be a force in this division also.

Predicting this seasons finish is really tough. Any one of these teams could win 90+, but I think it will be a mad race between the 4 to 90, and whoever gets there wins it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These  are 2 players that will most likely be moved for a low end prospect at the deadline along with Frazier hopefully. Ramos/Pawlecki are serviceable defensively but swing a good bat. Hoping we can trade for a young stud who might be 2 years away somehow.

Lagares has outlived his usefulness, and his trade value too I'm afraid. Same with D'Arnaud, even though I would've loved his bat in the lineup, at this point he seems like an AL type player. I'm not crazy about our Catching, but again, since Piazza when have we had any?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

In conjunction with releasing their top 100 prospects, Baseball America is now releasing prospect rankings for each position. For the catching position, Baseball America would rank two Mets prospects among the top 35 at the position.

Seventeen year old Francisco Alvarez was named the 28th best catching prospect even with him not having played a professional game. Alvarez was given a franchise record $2.7 million signing bonus when he was signed as an international free agent out of Venezuela this past July.

Alvarez is seen as a power hitting catcher who is more advanced at the plate than he is behind the plate. Defensively, he has the skill set to improve at the position with a strong arm and ability to move behind the plate.

In addition to ranking Alvarez, Baseball Reference would rank Tomas Nido as the 32nd best catching prospect in baseball.

Nido, 24, began the 2018 season as the starting catcher for Double-A Binghamton. He would also play six games for Triple-A Las Vegas hitting .272/.300/.431 with 20 doubles, a triple, five homers, and 31 RBI.

Due to injuries to Travis d’Arnaud and Kevin Plawecki last year, Nido was pressed into Major League duty last year. In 34 MLB games, Nido hit .167/.200/.238 with three doubles, a homer, and nine RBI.

While the offensive results weren’t there, Nido showed himself to be a strong defensive catcher. In fact, according to Stat Corner, Nido was the seventh best pitch framer in the National League last year. Combine that with a strong arm and his receiving skills, and you have a catcher who is ready defensively to contribute in the majors in 2019.

Surveying the list, there were only four catching prospects ranked from NL East teams. With the Mets having half the catchers from that group and having other promising catching prospects like Ali Sanchez, the Mets catching future is looking bright

  @14 in Green  @32EBoozer @Scott Dierking

BTW, I love the acquisition of Ramos.  If he stays healthy he is going to be a big addition to this team, both at the plate and behind it.  A consummate professional catcher.  Considering the way that the Marlins tried to hold us up for Realmuto, and knowing his "control" window was small,  Ramos was a much better option for us.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

While the offensive results weren’t there, Nido showed himself to be a strong defensive catcher. In fact, according to Stat Corner, Nido was the seventh best pitch framer in the National League last year. Combine that with a strong arm and his receiving skills, and you have a catcher who is ready defensively to contribute in the majors in 2019.

Surveying the list, there were only four catching prospects ranked from NL East teams. With the Mets having half the catchers from that group and having other promising catching prospects like Ali Sanchez, the Mets catching future is looking bright

  @14 in Green  @32EBoozer @Scott Dierking

Good info. Thanks 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good posting, @joenamathwouldn'tcry and thanks for starting this thread @32EBoozer

Timing can be a bitch sometimes. If D. Smith had hit the way he is now late last season, he could've been a nice piece in a Realmuto trade, but we just never were able to find a way to get it done with him or Jonathan LeCroix the past few years.

I agree Ramos is a really good pickup, for all the reasons you mentioned, but he's not a Realmuto.

Hopefully the hot bats stay hot into April, and the arms stay sound. With our pitching, we'll always have a puncher's chance. We just need to put a few runs up on the board.

Who knows, with the David Wright albatross contract finally off the payroll, we might even have the ability to make a nice pickup before the trade deadline. (BTW is it just me? I can't remember any NY athlete getting the pass Wright did the last few years in the press.) 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Good posting, @joenamathwouldn'tcry and thanks for starting this thread @32EBoozer

Timing can be a bitch sometimes. If D. Smith had hit the way he is now late last season, he could've been a nice piece in a Realmuto trade, but we just never were able to find a way to get it done with him or Jonathan LeCroix the past few years.

I agree Ramos is a really good pickup, for all the reasons you mentioned, but he's not a Realmuto.

Hopefully the hot bats stay hot into April, and the arms stay sound. With our pitching, we'll always have a puncher's chance. We just need to put a few runs up on the board.

Who knows, with the David Wright albatross contract finally off the payroll, we might even have the ability to make a nice pickup before the trade deadline. (BTW is it just me? I can't remember any NY athlete getting the pass Wright did the last few years in the press.) 

Funny thing, I know it's blasphemy, but I was against extending him when they did.  Already had shown signs of breaking down, and they did it anyway.  The trials and tribulations of this icon derailed, and to an extent, destroyed more than a few promising seasons.  Starting to feel the same way about Cespedes.  He'll get healthy just in time to leave. 

Was also against the Jose Reyes extension.  The way this team does business, that contract would have handicapped the rest of the roster for it's entire duration.  That's what makes the Bryce Harper contract so delicious for us.  They will long live to regret that one.  He's a douche, and over rated.  Won't take long for the relationship and contract  to fester, certainly not 13 long years, with no outs.  Beautiful.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 3:43 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Funny thing, I know it's blasphemy, but I was against extending him when they did.  Already had shown signs of breaking down, and they did it anyway.  The trials and tribulations of this icon derailed, and to an extent, destroyed more than a few promising seasons.  Starting to feel the same way about Cespedes.  He'll get healthy just in time to leave. 

Was also against the Jose Reyes extension.  The way this team does business, that contract would have handicapped the rest of the roster for it's entire duration.  That's what makes the Bryce Harper contract so delicious for us.  They will long live to regret that one.  He's a douche, and over rated.  Won't take long for the relationship and contract  to fester, certainly not 13 long years, with no outs.  Beautiful.

I know all about the stenosis, but Wright was never the same after getting beaned. That and the move to Citi Field (which took away the natural "LF gap power" he had at Shea, combined to basically end a really promising career.

Enough with talking about the Reyes/Wright era. No Mets "era" bothered me more. We were Jimmy Rollins' bitch. Choking 7 game leads away to the Phillies seemingly every year, then reading about the Mets listening to them sing the "Jose Jose Jose" thing through the clubhouse wall. Yuck.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to always be excited on the eve of a new season for one of my teams. And then the season starts, it's the same ol' same ol' and I turn into a neurotic nut case. Which Mets team will we see? The one who started out last season 11-1 or the one who couldn't hit sand if they fell off a beach chair? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Klecko75 said:

I tend to always be excited on the eve of a new season for one of my teams. And then the season starts, it's the same ol' same ol' and I turn into a neurotic nut case. Which Mets team will we see? The one who started out last season 11-1 or the one who couldn't hit sand if they fell off a beach chair? 

We should finally see one that consistently hits up and down the lineup and scores runs more than two times a week.  We will finally see a team that has a bullpen that has more bad asses than gopher ball specialists.  I hope that we can finally see a season where the starting pitching staff can get through a season with reasonable health.  I am hopeful that Stephen Matz can finally learn how to be a competent starter on a consistent basis.  I am hopeful that the manager will hand out playing time on an earned basis, rather than years of service in the major leagues. If most of these things happen we will have a season of hope and fulfillment, one that isn't over by the 4th of July.  This is the team I think we have.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mets are improved but so should be everyone else in the division except sad Marlins.

Can not expect another truly dominant Degrom so other guys have to be  alittle better. This team will still be pitching will take us to the promised land

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

We should finally see one that consistently hits up and down the lineup and scores runs more than two times a week.  We will finally see a team that has a bullpen that has more bad asses than gopher ball specialists.  I hope that we can finally see a season where the starting pitching staff can get through a season with reasonable health.  I am hopeful that Stephen Matz can finally learn how to be a competent starter on a consistent basis.  I am hopeful that the manager will hand out playing time on an earned basis, rather than years of service in the major leagues. If most of these things happen we will have a season of hope and fulfillment, one that isn't over by the 4th of July.  This is the team I think we have.

It was a very polarizing trade but Cano's presence will do wonders for this line up as well!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Klecko75 said:

It was a very polarizing trade but Cano's presence will do wonders for this line up as well!

At the time I thought they were nuts.  I was all in for Diaz but thought the return was steep and didn't realize that Cano had so much left in the tank, also thought he struck out too much, and wasn't much of a leader. 

I liked Kelenic and the arms that they gave up. That and the Mets propensity for "protecting their money, left me feeling they wouldn't spend anywhere else.  In hindsight it's a steal. Diaz may be the best closer in baseball, and we got back Familia, who is nasty when he is right, and I think will benefit from not having to close.  Cano has plenty left, and I was wrong about his leadership impact.  This should be fun.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, faba said:

Mets are improved but so should be everyone else in the division except sad Marlins.

Can not expect another truly dominant Degrom so other guys have to be  alittle better. This team will still be pitching will take us to the promised land

No one can expect DeGrom to duplicate last season.  That was one for the ages.  He will still be dominant, and will have another great season.  Wheeler I also expect to be excellent.  Syndergaard will be  the most improved  this year.  He will win more than 15 games easily, and I expect him to have a full season and health, finally. 

 I am still concerned with Matz, not convinced he will ever develop the makeup to be what we had expected. His stuff is not as good as it was initially either.  Fastball lost 2-3 MPH and curve is not as sharp. Needs another pitch.  Vargas is a mess.  Would rather put Lugo in the rotation and make him the long reliever.  Not going to happen. Anything we get out of Vargas is a bonus.

This team has a chance.  At the very least, they will be competitive. Much better than last year.  What a nightmare.  Mickey Callaway has a lot to prove.  We'll see.  The competition is good, Braves and Phillies are getting better.  Nationals not so much.  Are they elite?  Not so sure. Don't really thing so. It will be fun.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea how any of this is going to go. The Mets could win 90 or they could win 60 and neither would surprise me. I'm hoping on the notion that the Mets are really, really overdue with some luck regarding health. We have to have one goddamn year where the entire team doesn't get ******* injured. On top of that it's also been a really encouraging Spring for the offense.

Zero chance DeGrom replicates last season, but if Thor and Wheeler stay healthy he doesn't need to.

After watching how the new additions and youngsters have looked in FL, it's clear that there is a lot more reason to be optimistic about things this year. Mets certainly have the roster to make a playoff run. The Mets are spending a lot of money this year but more importantly it looks like they spent it on what appears to be a complete baseball team top to bottom, with a good mix of veteran leadership and youth.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a big year for Noah. If we are going to contend he has to step up to the level we hope he can be, which is the deGrom level. If not, he could be trade bait. Matz? I’m like most Mets fans. The bloom is off the rose with him, it’s time to be more then a prospect. I’m not asking him to be an ace, but take the step forward that Wheeler did last year.

As for Cano, I’m hoping he doesn’t turn into our latest George Foster. It’s become a Mets tradition to acquire other teams stars when they’re ready to no longer be stars. I realize his contract was the price we had to pay to get Diaz, and would gladly take one, maybe two solid years from Cano and say it was worth it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW Not a bad deal for Trout today, huh? 12 years $430 mil will keep him warm and cozy at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

BTW Not a bad deal for Trout today, huh? 12 years $430 mil will keep him warm and cozy at night.

This sh*t with sports salaries is way out of control. 40 million to play basketball, 35 million to play baseball or be a quarterback, and rising. Soccer is just as bad.  Every time I tell myself that it has to level out at some point, I'm proven wrong.  You can't make this up.  Unreal.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This is a big year for Noah. If we are going to contend he has to step up to the level we hope he can be, which is the deGrom level. If not, he could be trade bait. Matz? I’m like most Mets fans. The bloom is off the rose with him, it’s time to be more then a prospect. I’m not asking him to be an ace, but take the step forward that Wheeler did last year.

As for Cano, I’m hoping he doesn’t turn into our latest George Foster. It’s become a Mets tradition to acquire other teams stars when they’re ready to no longer be stars. I realize his contract was the price we had to pay to get Diaz, and would gladly take one, maybe two solid years from Cano and say it was worth it.

He's no George Foster or Mo Vaughn.  Plenty left in the tank.  Will hit for at least three more years.  Count on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

He's no George Foster or Mo Vaughn.  Plenty left in the tank.  Will hit for at least three more years.  Count on it.

I hope you’re right about him, but remember this is 2019. He’s coming off a PED suspension and will be tested thoroughly. The era of looking the other way at steroid use is over. It’s not going to be like a few years ago when players “got better” in their mid to late 30’s. Cano is a pure hitter though, and hopefully we can squeeze a few good years out of him. It would be great to have that type of bat in our lineup.

As for your post about the salaries? Couldn’t agree more. 

You wonder where the money is coming from though? Look at the tv deals and the ticket prices. Even if you don’t go to a game and spend the $100+ per person that entails, you’re paying for the cable rights, and the $35 hats, $40 tee shirts, $80 sweatshirts or $150 jerseys.

These teams are printing money, the salaries are what? Maybe 50% of their incoming revenue? As long as fans keep supporting them at the prices they’re charging, there’s no end in sight.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for fun, how about we try to predict Cano's 2019 season? I'll lead it off here.

480 ABs

.290 avg

21 HRs 

85 RBIs

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty good @14 in Green kinda feel like the douchebags on the price is right who cheat off your numbers and embellish just a bit to edge you out , but you asked for it, so here goes:

540 at bats

25  Home Runs

.303 Batting average

91 Runs Batted in

35  Doubles

80  Strikeouts

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

That's pretty good @14 in Green kinda feel like the douchebags on the price is right who cheat off your numbers and embellish just a bit to edge you out , but you asked for it, so here goes:

540 at bats

25  Home Runs

.303 Batting average

91 Runs Batted in

35  Doubles

80  Strikeouts

Seems like we’re on the same page, I’ve just got him sitting out a few more games then you. After I posted this, I thought Conforto might be more interesting to do this with then Cano. Robbie is more of a known quantity by this point, so health is the major variable with him I think.

 Let’s see if this Cano thing has legs, if it does we can try it with some others. Beats the hell out of talking about 32 yo backup OL coming in for interviews...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Price Is Right remark was funny.

When I think about that show, I think about watching it with my grandparents. They loved it. I loved the girls...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Seems like we’re on the same page, I’ve just got him sitting out a few more games then you. After I posted this, I thought Conforto might be more interesting to do this with then Cano. Robbie is more of a known quantity by this point, so health is the major variable with him I think.

 Let’s see if this Cano thing has legs, if it does we can try it with some others. Beats the hell out of talking about 32 yo backup OL coming in for interviews...

Thought exactly the same thing.  More challenging, more variables, more of a thought process.  Maybe tackle that one tomorrow.  Ahmed Rosario would also be one that would be interesting and a challenge, especially with power numbers, steals, Home Runs and RBI's. 

Think this is a great idea 14, it should take as soon as some Mets guys get a wind of it.  Cano was kind of easy, given his extensive body of work and consistency.  Watch him get hurt this year, typical Met luck.  Would they call it a "Cespedes" or a "Wright"?? I wonder..... 

The board is getting kind of stale.  Tired of fighting with all of the Quinnen Williams haters and just the " Debbie Downers" in general.  It gets tedious.. Would like to post an opinion on a Jet move, and not have to defend it, for once.  Haha, like that's ever going to happen.  Oh well....

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Thought exactly the same thing.  More challenging, more variables, more of a thought process.  Maybe tackle that one tomorrow.  Ahmed Rosario would also be one that would be interesting and a challenge, especially with power numbers, steals, Home Runs and RBI's. 

Think this is a great idea 14, it should take as soon as some Mets guys get a wind of it.  Cano was kind of easy, given his extensive body of work and consistency.  Watch him get hurt this year, typical Met luck.  Would they call it a "Cespedes" or a "Wright"?? I wonder..... 

The board is getting kind of stale.  Tired of fighting with all of the Quinnen Williams haters and just the " Debbie Downers" in general.  It gets tedious.. Would like to post an opinion on a Jet move, and not have to defend it, for once.  Haha, like that's ever going to happen.  Oh well....

Sign me up for projections! I'll put my numbers in when I get home.

Until we sign Houston or Wisniewski, people will just be going around in circle jerk arguments. At least the Mets board allows for some good conversation about our beloved Mets until the draft

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Sign me up for projections! I'll put my numbers in when I get home.

Until we sign Houston or Wisniewski, people will just be going around in circle jerk arguments. At least the Mets board allows for some good conversation about our beloved Mets until the draft

At least since Gato got banned.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about some Over/Unders? For example:

deGrom 16 win's

Thor 15

Wheeler 13

Conforto 32 HRs

Rosario .255 avg

The possibilities are endless... LOL

BTW in order listed, I go Over, Under, Over, Over, Under

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

At least since Gato got banned.

Didn't know he got the axe..... although I'm sure he's back under another moniker. That's what I did! :comb:

I think Max knew, but he let me slide.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

At least since Gato got banned.

 

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Didn't know he got the axe..... although I'm sure he's back under another moniker. That's what I did! :comb:

I think Max knew, but he let me slide.

Doesn't Gato still play Mafia though?

EDIT oops  I was thinking of Gata.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

How about some Over/Unders? For example:

deGrom 16 win's

Thor 15

Wheeler 13

Conforto 32 HRs

Rosario .255 avg

The possibilities are endless... LOL

BTW in order listed, I go Over, Under, Over, Over, Under

1] deGrom  Over 16 wins

2]  Syndergaard  Over 15 wins  [barely]

3]  Wheeler   Over 13 wins  [easily]

4]  Conforto     32 Home runs  [right on]  for the purposes of the over under I'll say 31 homers

5]   Rosario  .255 average   Over, by about .015  at least.  He'll be at least a .270 hitter.  My gut tells me more.

*  I noticed nothing about Steven Matz.  What's the matter, no guts, no glory?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

1] deGrom  Over 16 wins

2]  Syndergaard  Over 15 wins  [barely]

3]  Wheeler   Over 13 wins  [easily]

4]  Conforto     32 Home runs  [right on]  for the purposes of the over under I'll say 31 homers

5]   Rosario  .255 average   Over, by about .015  at least.  He'll be at least a .270 hitter.  My gut tells me more.

*  I noticed nothing about Steven Matz.  What's the matter, no guts, no glory?

You and I are on opposite ends of a spectrum I've noticed with Rosario I've noticed.

Syndegaaard is a guy I'm starting to get annoyed with, to be honest. When I read that his first couple of throws this spring were 97+ doesn't impress me, quite the opposite. He's got to show me he will become a pitcher not a "morning glory" which is a horse racing term for a horse that puts up great numbers in morning workouts, but not in a race. I want to see him get through lineups a third time. He has the arm, needs the head.

Agree with Wheeler if he stays healthy, of course. He really impressed me last year. With all he's been through, the man showed he has guts to spare.

Conforto is big if we're going to do anything this year. He's 27 now, and the injury is a year behind him. This is the beginning of his prime, and I think he's poised to go on a great 3-5 year run offensively. I'm talking 30 and 100 minimum every year. Hope I'm right about him and you are about Rosario.

As for Matz? That's the fun of this, you can do him and choose a few others yourself in another post. I don't want you to be that douchebag from The Price Is Right all the time, LOL.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosario has a very good eye at the plate, which goes unnoticed. As he matures, it is coming fast, he will be a hard out. He also has 15 Home Run power potential,and can be a 30 plus double player very easily this year. 

I've been aggravated with Noah for more than a year now.  He throws a very heavy ball, like Harvey had at one time, and has no need to throw the ball 100 miles an hour.  He will progress, this year.  I'm convinced of that. Watching deGrom these past few years, has to have had at least an impression on him about what it looks like to be a "pitcher".  He improved holding base runners last year, so that shows me he isn't a complete hard head.  Wheeler gets it.  If healthy, which I believe he will be, he is dominant.  What great stuff he has.  And Moxie.

Conforto is the wild card.  It's TIIIIIMMMEEE!!!!  See ball. Hit ball. See ball. Hit ball.  It's pretty simple.  Go the other way when it's pitched there, trust your power, and learn to work the pitcher.  His problems occur when the pitchers work him.  Too often. He's been so steaky, he can drive you crazy. I was shocked to see he played in 153 games last year.  It seemed to be a lot less.  If he ever gets it right for a whole season he'll hit 40.  I'd rather he hit .285.  Should be easy for him, but of course, it isn't. 

I'll post something at some point.  I want to let these play out and see what the others think.  I already know what's in your head. My ex girlfriend loved the Price is Right.  Watched it every fkin day.  Drove me nuts.  There's one in every family, I guess.  Drew Carey is one very lucky boy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social

×