Who lead nation in QB pressures?

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Sure take an offensive player at #3 when the top 10 players (other than QB, which we have already) are defensive players?

No trade offers that any of us are aware of transpired so we went with the best player in the draft.

What else do you suggest he was to do?

This idea that you can't the OT or TE  that your team truly needs - that went 11 and 8 respectively - but taking a DT that won't really help the team at 3 makes more sense?

The draft is a crap shoot - you put the next decade of the franchise in the hands of Sam Darnold - yes, you reach a bit to protect him and/or give him the weapons to succeed.

Johan Williams would have made the NYJ a better team - more than Q will.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Sure take an offensive player at #3 when the top 10 players (other than QB, which we have already) are defensive players?

No trade offers that any of us are aware of transpired so we went with the best player in the draft.

What else do you suggest he was to do?

Saw a Mac interview on SNY today - he said he had trade offers but none that he liked enough.  

Take what you can get and draft offense.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This idea that you can't the OT or TE  that your team truly needs - that went 11 and 8 respectively - but taking a DT that won't really help the team at 3 makes more sense?

The draft is a crap shoot - you put the next decade of the franchise in the hands of Sam Darnold - yes, you reach a bit to protect him and/or give him the weapons to succeed.

Johan Williams would have made the NYJ a better team - more than Q will.

Yes. In the draft where about a dozen of our opponents land pass rushing apex predators, we counter with a fat, slow, stumpy dude and maybe he can bore them to death with the blabla about his goddamned spreadsheets before they get to the quarterback.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

How much better is Leo and Q on a 3/4 line than Leo and Anderson? I'd argue not the value of the 3rd overall pick better. Henry got 7 sacks last year and he is quickly dismissed. If Quinnen puts up 7 sacks in his 1st year should we be happy? 

I'd argue that you have no idea and just keep repeating the same story in every thread about not liking the pick.  Complain incessantly that we needed sacks not a run stopper, somebody puts up a post challenging that and still you carry on.

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He's a fine player but they needed to draft offense. 

It's insane to have taken another defensive player - the Jets honestly don't understand how the league works.  There is no other explanation.

There was no damn offensive player to take at 3 

9 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

There was no damn offensive player to take at 3 

but there were offensive players at 8 and 11?

I find it so ridiculous that you can't take a player 3 that gets taken at 8.  The draft is such a crap shoot - take the guy you need - especially in the Jets situation.  When you are loaded with talent you can go BPA but the Jets don't have the luxury of taking another DT - they need to protect Sam and give him weapons. 

Taking Q was incredibly short-sighted and very Jets like.

48 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yes. In the draft where about a dozen of our opponents land pass rushing apex predators, we counter with a fat, slow, stumpy dude and maybe he can bore them to death with the blabla about his goddamned spreadsheets before they get to the quarterback.

What the Dolphins and Bills do should have no bearing on how the Jets build their team.  More importantly those aren't exactly beacons of successful franchise to try and emulate. 

6 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

My dream was trade back with Bengals or Washington and take Burns, his tape showed him using alot of different moves to beat linemen. Obviously that didn't happen and i'm trying to liken the Quinnen pick but it's tough watching so much talent fall into the 2nd round with the Jets having 0 picks in the 2nd.

Feel exactly the same. If at minimum Washington offered their first and second to move up, is QW better for the team than burns and a second round pick? Even though the compensation says hell no, you could argue burns and a second player probably offers more than QW to the teams success. It's done but I really would have been happy with burns

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'd argue that you have no idea and just keep repeating the same story in every thread about not liking the pick.  Complain incessantly that we needed sacks not a run stopper, somebody puts up a post challenging that and still you carry on.

Well that's why were here bud, to discuss and argue. I'm sorry you like picking a DT for the 6th time in the 1st round this decade but I, and many others here, feel like it's a missed opportunity to improve the team. I know this time will be different right? How will teams block Q and Leo!?!?!? Same way they blocked Wilk, Sheldon and Leo. 

I just don't understand why people will bend over backwards to defend this sh*t. You like the pick? Cool. And btw, only poster i see that has an issue with my opinion is you. Maybe you should try just  carrying on.

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I find it so ridiculous that you can't take a player 3 that gets taken at 8.  The draft is such a crap shoot - take the guy you need - especially in the Jets situation.  When you are loaded with talent you can go BPA but the Jets don't have the luxury of taking another DT - they need to protect Sam and give him weapons. 

Lmao Jets would have gotten killed if they took a tight end at 3 or any Olineman. I would have liked a trade back but once Murray was taken I knew it wouldn't happen.

5 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Feel exactly the same. If at minimum Washington offered their first and second to move up, is QW better for the team than burns and a second round pick? Even though the compensation says hell no, you could argue burns and a second player probably offers more than QW to the teams success. It's done but I really would have been happy with burns

We're in the same boat. I don't hate Q, in fact he does look like a great prospect, but upgrading Anderson and Leo with Q is not as attractive to me as upgrading Shell, Copeland or even a CB.

Just now, Ghost420 said:

Lmao Jets would have gotten killed if they took a tight end at 3 or any Olineman. I would have liked a trade back but once Murray was taken I knew it wouldn't happen.

So the idea is to build a team based on how the press and fan base reacts?

Mac wins the back page every year in the draft - how far has that gotten them?

13 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Well that's why were here bud, to discuss and argue. I'm sorry you like picking a DT for the 6th time in the 1st round this decade but I, and many others here, feel like it's a missed opportunity to improve the team. I know this time will be different right? How will teams block Q and Leo!?!?!? Same way they blocked Wilk, Sheldon and Leo. 

I just don't understand why people will bend over backwards to defend this sh*t. You like the pick? Cool. And btw, only poster i see that has an issue with my opinion is you. Maybe you should try just  carrying on.

One more time, I don't have a problem with the pick.  

Youre not arguing, your whining. You don't know that the two Williams will be blocked.  They're not the same as others anymore than Oliver is Donald.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

One more time, I don't have a problem with the pick.  

Youre not arguing, your whining. You don't know that the two Williams will be blocked.  They're not the same as others anymore than Oliver is Donald.

Fair enough. I wasn't a fan of the Williams pick but after seeing Polite and the LT from USC get picked up last night, i'm starting to warm up to this draft. Pick up Hakeem Butler in the 4th and i'm all gravy.

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not disagreeing with you but if you reach for a player at 3, you’ll never hear the end of it either, see the giants this year 

1 hour ago, MindOverMatter said:

Fair enough. I wasn't a fan of the Williams pick but after seeing Polite and the LT from USC get picked up last night, i'm starting to warm up to this draft. Pick up Hakeem Butler in the 4th and i'm all gravy.

Well we agree on Polite and Chuma, whatever his name is.  Can't really complain so far, other than having a preference for a different DL.  But can't be that strong a preference, the 3 left worth taking were all good, could make a call for or against any of them.