Jets at 23 post draft power rankings

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

i believe the poster is a traditional "SOJF".  it's been the correct positioning the last few years.

the words you are looking for are "realist" 

just to be clear i view 8-8 as an improvement and a stepping stone to 2021 and beyond. it would be a good year 

these dreams of 11-5 or 12-4 are... overly hopeful 

• Upvote 2

Just now, bitonti said:

just to be clear i view 8-8 as an improvement and a stepping stone to 2021 and beyond. it would be a good year 

your wording seemed to suggest 8-8 was a big stretch. at least that's how i interpreted your post.  i do think 12-4 or 11-5 are big stretches.  i think 9-7 is very possible.  

you have your whole real life to be a "realist" - aren't you suppose to hope and dream in your entertainment area - especially in the off-season?

6 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

your wording seemed to suggest 8-8 was a big stretch. at least that's how i interpreted your post.  i do think 12-4 or 11-5 are big stretches.  i think 9-7 is very possible.  

you have your whole real life to be a "realist" - aren't you suppose to hope and dream in your entertainment area - especially in the off-season?

I appreciate that you used the word "entertainment" too many people around here believe football is some branch of the gov't or military. 

but to answer your question "There's no wrong way to eat a reese's"  After decades of driving to East Rutherford and back, my soul chipping away each time Tom 'the cheater' Brady blew them out... this is me being hopeful.

8-8, .500 and no major firings is the best i can hope for, without feeling like a sucker. it's not a big stretch. it would be a big improvement.

Tom Brady is still coming to East Rutherford by the way. He just won his 6th SB. I'm not going this time.  It's no dream it's a nightmare 

54 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I appreciate that you used the word "entertainment" too many people around here believe football is some branch of the gov't or military. 

but to answer your question "There's no wrong way to eat a reese's"  After decades of driving to East Rutherford and back, my soul chipping away each time Tom 'the cheater' Brady blew them out... this is me being hopeful.

8-8, .500 and no major firings is the best i can hope for, without feeling like a sucker. it's not a big stretch. it would be a big improvement.

Tom Brady is still coming to East Rutherford by the way. He just won his 6th SB. I'm not going this time.  It's no dream it's a nightmare 

i have a different philosophy.  i find it's best to dream of great seasons from Feb-Sep.  i have 8 months of guaranteed enjoyment.  the remaining 4 months is up and down (granted more down than up recently) but overall i get lots of positive enjoyment this way.  

this is suppose to be fun.  

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Not at all. Lets not be oversensitive. You stated 8-8 would be a 'improvement'. Macc has been on the job 4 years. His 1st year went 10-6 and floundered the next 3. That 10-6 record  was not indictive of his influence on the team. Fitz was solely responsible for the resurgence and he lucked into the starting job at that.  I would not be jumping up and down if we go .500  8-8 would be like kissing your sister.  Playoffs. Period. How many years are the Johnson's going to give this bum to make the playoffs.  Its ludicrous.

Don’t disagree that the Johnson has kept him past his shelf life. It’s obvious the guy doesn’t understand what the draft is all about. 

8-8 is an improvement and with this regime and I can’t expect more.  Obviously we all want the continued improvements for a multitude of reasons. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Not at all. Lets not be oversensitive. You stated 8-8 would be a 'improvement'. Macc has been on the job 4 years. His 1st year went 10-6 and floundered the next 3. That 10-6 record  was not indictive of his influence on the team. Fitz was solely responsible for the resurgence and he lucked into the starting job at that.  I would not be jumping up and down if we go .500  8-8 would be like kissing your sister.  Playoffs. Period. How many years are the Johnson's going to give this bum to make the playoffs.  Its ludicrous.

This is year 3 of a total rebuild, he's done a nice job.

He inherited the worst HC in the league, we easily should have made the playoffs in 2015 but our HC couldn't prepare his team to face a less talented, depleted bills team and he was out coached again by Rex.

The last of years we should have won 3-4 more games a year, how many big leads did we blow?  We had talent to get those leads but not hold them?  That's coaching.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

This is year 3 of a total rebuild, he's done a nice job.

He inherited the worst HC in the league, we easily should have made the playoffs in 2015 but our HC couldn't prepare his team to face a less talented, depleted bills team and he was out coached again by Rex.

The last of years we should have won 3-4 more games a year, how many big leads did we blow?  We had talent to get those leads but not hold them?  That's coaching.

Bah Humbug

513MPugrA8L__SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'd say 9-7, but I agree with you