I really DON'T like this new set-up of JetNation

You can name yourself whatever the hell you want. Why don't play around with the options before you bash the new board?

There's also a topic titled "Feedback" for posts such as this.

I'm slightly retarded. Where can I change my title?

124...I hear you I did like the thought of being on phpbb because we gave it our own look. But realize one thing....we have had a pretty nice server for the past 6 months and because of the old software it wasn't fast.

We haven't put our stamp on this layout here yet. Give us a little time...last night we were just worried about stability. Now we will start to pretty it up!

This is so far superior- it's not even close.

One question- when i enabled the "standard" on doing replies, it seemed to disable the quick reply.

:confused:

I love the quick reply feature, but none of the icons enable it when i click on them- only when the standard feature was off.

And i just got a message that there is a limit of one image (smilie)per post- is that right?

C'mon man, give Max a break. The site was down most of yesterday and when I checked it out today there was a fully-functional and fast message board waiting for me. To get to this point in 12-18 hours is f'n unbelievable.

C'mon man, give Max a break. The site was down most of yesterday and when I checked it out today there was a fully-functional and fast message board waiting for me. To get to this point in 12-18 hours is f'n unbelievable.

Maxman worked throughout the night till about 7am. The man is a machine :eek:

This is so far superior- it's not even close.

One question- when i enabled the "standard" on doing replies, it seemed to disable the quick reply.

:confused:

I love the quick reply feature, but none of the icons enable it when i click on them- only when the standard feature was off.

And i just got a message that there is a limit of one image (smilie)per post- is that right?

I just changed the option for images. That shouldn't be a problem anymore. I am not sure about the quick reply thing. I will have to mess around with that one myself.

Thanks!

This is what actually happened. The old forum had lots of problems. We had a band aid fix for it. On Thursday night the band aid no longer worked.

I spoke with Gang Green Girl on Friday morning and we pulled the plug on the old forum. Right after work Friday night the conversion began. Next thing I know it was like 3am. Then 5am, lol.

Smizzy was testing stuff out with me the whole time. I decide to go to bed close to 7am and I thought of a few more things I wanted to check out. So I jump on my sons PC upstairs and made some more changes.

Then I crashed and when I looked at the clock again it said 1pm! It is still a work in progress but the speed was the most important thing to fix. Guys this is a great team effort that we have here.

We have a lot of people who help us out technically....McCabe, Greenbeans, JerryK. We have the mods who do everything here. And the feedback you guys give us makes this place what it is.

Please forgive me for being nice. I am just overtired. #-o

Thanks!

This is what actually happened. The old forum had lots of problems. We had a band aid fix for it. On Thursday night the band aid no longer worked.

I spoke with Gang Green Girl on Friday morning and we pulled the plug on the old forum. Right after work Friday night the conversion began. Next thing I know it was like 3am. Then 5am, lol.

Smizzy was testing stuff out with me the whole time. I decide to go to bed close to 7am and I thought of a few more things I wanted to check out. So I jump on my sons PC upstairs and made some more changes.

Then I crashed and when I looked at the clock again it said 1pm! It is still a work in progress but the speed was the most important thing to fix. Guys this is a great team effort that we have here.

We have a lot of people who help us out technically....McCabe, Greenbeans, JerryK. We have the mods who do everything here. And the feedback you guys give us makes this place what it is.

Please forgive me for being nice. I am just overtired. #-o

=D> =D> =D> =D> That's a big compliment from me. I detest smilies!

I guess it's ok, but I liked our old set up 10x better just because it was 10x different, but I guess that's just me. I'm not a big technician guy, I like things simple.

It was 10 times different but 12 times slower and 8 times more work. Somebody help me with the math!

Now get out there and steal some posters.

Every morning we have a staff meeting. We gather real close together. And before the meeting is over I stand up and say those words:

"Now get out there and steal us some posters"

Then I smack Smizzy in the a$$ and he is all set for another days work! ;)

Every morning we have a staff meeting. We gather real close together. And before the meeting is over I stand up and say those words:

"Now get out there and steal us some posters"

Then I smack Smizzy in the a$$ and he is all set for another days work! ;)

If your staff is meeting Smizzy's, you're doing it wrong.

Archived